Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari (251 Views)

Buhari: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ / NBA Condems Kogi Election, Calls It A Dent To Nigeria's Democratic Process / Magu: UK Too Slow On Diezani… No Kobo Recovered From Her $2.4bn Loot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari by mercyefe200(f): 5:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has once again longed for the absolute prosecutorial powers he wielded when he led a military junta in Nigeria in the 1980s.

As the president clocks 77 on Tuesday, he granted a brief interview to state-run television, NTA, telling the station that he was unhappy about democracy’s ‘slow’ method of justice.

“When I came in uniform, I collected those who were leading, took them to Kirikiri (Maximum Security Prison) and told them they were guilty until they could prove themselves innocent,” Mr Buhari said, lamenting that he had “learned the hard way” that he could not do that in a democracy.

“I put based on almost all the geopolitical zones committees to investigate them. Those that were found to have lived beyond their means, the balance was taken and were given to the states.

“But I myself was arrested, detained and they were given back what they have stolen.

“So under this system which is supposed to be more accountable, but it is too slow for my liking, but I have to follow it,” Mr Buhari said.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/democratic-process-too-slow-for-my.html

Re: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari by mercyefe200(f): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari by mattjunior(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
General Buhari grin
Re: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari by idid: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
General is disappointing his fans...
Ineffectual baboon

1 Like

Re: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari by Sonoyom(m): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ - President Buhari by Mynd44: 5:54pm On Dec 17, 2019

(1)

Europe Spends Billions Stopping Migration From Nigeria (Africa) / COEASU, Abia Govt Clash Over 25 Months Unpaid Salaries / The Trajectory Of Rivers Apc And The 3rd Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.