Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG (1109 Views)

FG Tells Employers To Provide Decent Jobs Or Face Severe Consequences / Asians Hawking Vegetables, Selling Ankara, Taking Over Nigerian Jobs – FG / Oshiomole And Tinubu Should Go Look For Decent Jobs, Godfatherism Is A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by zakim(m): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
The Federal Government of Nigeria has said, at least, 100 million of its population are without decent jobs. The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, disclosed this while speaking at the 2019 National Migration Dialogue at the State House on Tuesday.

While lamenting that the government was worried about the rate at which Nigerian youths were leaving the country through irregular routes, Ngige said the present government was already working on ways to stem the tide. “Nigeria is over 200 million and about 60 percent are youths who need employment. Unfortunately, only 10 percent have decent jobs. “Many are unemployable while others are not employed. We are working that they get job so that they can have a roof over their head, feed and enjoy life”, he lamented. He said the FG was currently working on the adjustment of education policies in order to improve skills of Nigerian students and thereby discourage irregular migration.

“We have established linkages with the Ministry of Education, industry trade and investment, Youth and Sports and Agriculture. We want to look at our curriculum so that our people can have skills that can be exported,” Ngige added. Speaking earlier, the Federal Commissioner of National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) Sen. Basheer Garba Mohammed said the dialogue was in line with the present administration’s agenda to create opportunities for the youths.

“Our problem is not with Nigerians migrating but with not selling out our rich resources. The country will spend most of 2020 enlightening citizens on productive ventures they can do,” he added. On his part, the Chief of Mission, International Organisation for Migration (IOM), Mr. Frantz Celestin, said the dialogue will allow Nigeria to chart a course on the localisation and domestication of the resolutions adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and regular Migration (GCM). He said a comprehensive approach was needed to optimize the overall benefits of migration, while addressing risks and challenges for individuals and communities in countries of origin, transit and destination.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/over-100-million-nigerian-youths-without-decent-jobs-fg.html
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Bringback9ja: 8:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Why won't youth go into yahoo

If you see houses where most Nigerians live in, you will be in tears. Federal government of Nigeria, we understand there is problem. What are you doing to curb it?

Has there been any changes at all? To be sincere, we are just walking in a circle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
Incase you need home services like
Laundering halla me thanks
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
You can see what we re talking about, So the government knows the youth lack jobs and yet you can’t declare free education, I do tell people, If you rely on this government you re a goner, I’ve finally come to the conclusion that education should be cheaper than water because it’s supplementary in this part of the world, Forget Pressure from families and friend, Get the money either by laon or hard hustle and make sure you have something you can fall back on while schooling, Going to school without having expectations from any angle is called blind activities.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by JonDon12: 10:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
Buhari is Right. Nigerians Youth are Lazy. Instead of working hard in school to learn Critical Analytical Skills, History, Common Sense and Reasoning. They are Gbe Bodying E and Soapying, so that when time comes to vote instead of voting someone like Oby or Sowore, they vote Buhari and/or Atiku. Lazy Fools. Over 100 million of you are jobless. I have very little sympathy for you. It is because you are foolish. You vote for Bad Leaders.

Get you a book and Read. Sit with your elders and learn. Volunnteer in your community. Get some education instead of cheating in Exam all the time. Even if you are in Community Grammer school or Ansarudeen, you still have your books, Read them from front to back and read again. They say the world belongs to the man who hustles while he waits. Get some knowledge so that u can make good political decisions instead of supporting the likes of TINUBU, BUHARI and ATIKU WHO WILL DO NOTHING FOR YOU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Blue3k(m): 10:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
“Nigeria is over 200 million and about 60 percent are youths who need employment.

Is he saying the current stats are under reported interesting. NBS should release updated stats already.

Front page: Lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Racoon(m): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
Meanwhile their own children are gainfully employed in the presidency, DSS, DPR, CBN, FIRS, NNPC etc.After promising these same youth 3M jobs annually, the lying APC government ended up with 100M unemployed young people.

Yet same govt is asking these same able bodied youth to stay back to be develop a Nigeria they never believed in?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by SarkinYarki: 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
So unemployment is at 100m ..hian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by James4424: 12:02am On Dec 18, 2019
JonDon12:
Buhari is Right. Nigerians Youth are Lazy. Instead of working hard in school to learn Critical Analytical Skills, History, Common Sense and Reasoning. They are Gbe Bodying E and Soapying, so that when time comes to vote instead of voting someone like Oby or Sowore, they vote Buhari and/or Atiku. Lazy Fools. Over 100 million of you are jobless. I have very little sympathy for you. It is because you are foolish. You vote for Bad Leaders.

Get you a book and Read. Sit with your elders and learn. Volunnteer in your community. Get some education instead of cheating in Exam all the time. Even if you are in Community Grammer school or Ansarudeen, you still have your books, Read them from front to back and read again. They say the world belongs to the man who hustles while he waits. Get some knowledge so that u can make good political decisions instead of supporting the likes of TINUBU, BUHARI and ATIKU WHO WILL DO NOTHING FOR YOU.

oga elder .
i want to first thank you for your passionate comment hence i proceed to mine .

you are living in your time when economy were not as bad.
all these dos and don't you mentioned rarely work again.
you are shouting read book read book. but forgetting that many first class graduates are still jobless. even buhari said in a comment that the youths should forget their degree and hustle .

now for the hustling part. you may call it lazy but i will change the term to -- hopelessness .

Nigerian youths have entered a state of hopelessness that is why the hustling spirit is not just enticing .

in addition to the political election part. instead of saying we elect the wrong leaders i'd say -- Nigerian youths do not simply partake in electing leaders. it has been some from of tend these past years. the youths feel exempted from the Nigerian politics and wholely accepts it that way. i am a Nigerian youth and among my peers i was the only one that had a voters card . i realised this and investigated more from other youths and noticed the same. the ones that managed to have a voters card were reluctance to use it.

so. sir. i hope i have been able to enlighten you on the Nigerian youths plaque coming from an insider .

3 Likes

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by JonDon12: 12:45am On Dec 18, 2019
James4424:

oga elder .
i want to first thank you for your passionate comment hence i proceed to mine .

you are living in your time when economy were not as bad.
all these dos and don't you mentioned rarely work again.
you are shouting read book read book. but forgetting that many first class graduates are still jobless. even buhari said in a comment that the youths should forget their degree and hustle .

now for the hustling part. you may call it lazy but i will change the term to -- hopelessness .

Nigerian youths have entered a state of hopelessness that is why the hustling spirit is not just enticing .

in addition to the political election part. instead of saying we elect the wrong leaders i'd say -- Nigerian youths do not simply partake in electing leaders. it has been some from of tend these past years. the youths feel exempted from the Nigerian politics and wholely accepts it that way. i am a Nigerian youth and among my peers i was the only one that had a voters card . i realised this and investigated more from other youths and noticed the same. the ones that managed to have a voters card were reluctance to use it.

so. sir. i hope i have been able to enlighten you on the Nigerian youths plaque coming from an insider .

First of all I am not elder. I am not a youth but not an elder. The point I was trying to make is that a lot of "Youth" supported Buhari. Theres no way he would have won without the Youth. Nigeria has a very young population due to its high birth rate and its low average life expectancy so please dont tell me the Youth especially in the SW did not vote for Buhari.

I remember when I lived in Nigeria. I read incessantly. I borrowed books. Spent my breaks and my afternoons reading and a lot of it has paid off. Nigerian Youths do not know anything about History or Liberal Arts and they try not to learn. The definition of Liberal Arts is Knowledge for Free Peoples compared to Scientific Arts which is Knowledge for professionals. In America, the first thing you are taught is Liberal Arts. In Nigeria, you are not taught that but it is still your responsibility to learn how to be free. Thats the only reason I say Nigerian Youth are Lazy.

Voting for a Bad leader is one thing. Voting for a bad leader who then destroys the electoral process hence Guaranteeing Bad Leaders forever is another thing. Buhari is off the latter. If Nigerian Youth were smart, they would have learnt that.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

That is what Nigerians did. They gave up their freedom to an unrepentant despot for a bit of security. They deserve and Got Neither.

2 Likes

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Oshin56(m): 7:00am On Dec 18, 2019
But people will now be saying government don't know what they are doing they know they only pretend as if they don't know, I believe from the figures presented by labor minister N power volunteers are not among and they are still planning to lay off the N power are they adding to the 100m or subtracting from it all what I know is that Nigeria politicians doesn't mean well for average Nigerians.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by James4424: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2019
JonDon12:

First of all I am not elder. I am not a youth but not an elder. The point I was trying to make is that a lot of "Youth" supported Buhari. Theres no way he would have won without the Youth. Nigeria has a very young population due to its high birth rate and its low average life expectancy so please dont tell me the Youth especially in the SW did not vote for Buhari.

I remember when I lived in Nigeria. I read incessantly. I borrowed books. Spent my breaks and my afternoons reading and a lot of it has paid off. Nigerian Youths do not know anything about History or Liberal Arts and they try not to learn. The definition of Liberal Arts is Knowledge for Free Peoples compared to Scientific Arts which is Knowledge for professionals. In America, the first thing you are taught is Liberal Arts. In Nigeria, you are not taught that but it is still your responsibility to learn how to be free. Thats the only reason I say Nigerian Youth are Lazy.

Voting for a Bad leader is one thing. Voting for a bad leader who then destroys the electoral process hence Guaranteeing Bad Leaders forever is another thing. Buhari is off the latter. If Nigerian Youth were smart, they would have learnt that.

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

That is what Nigerians did. They gave up their freedom to an unrepentant despot for a bit of security. They deserve and Got Neither.

before i start . it seems your augment is based on book knowledge not on street observation .
you need to go out there and observe for yourself why we are not doing like you.

i will quote you here :
"I remember when I lived in Nigeria. I read
incessantly. I borrowed books"

while my observation is based on many friends and family members even strangers in a beer palor . i observe what they say And their state of mind.

1.Oga. this youths you are talking about that voted for buhari are the uneducated tugs . those ones are gone. the youths i am talking about are the many graduates over there that are educated enough to make a difference but no, politicis is not their business .
they have lost confidence in it. rightfully so.

they will tell you that "who go win go still win". my vote will not count

my augment was simple . you did seem to counter all but one . which is the hopelessness that has engulfed us all here.

this hopelessness is what i want you to address .

the youths have somewhat giving up on the system

you are talking about reading Liberia art and history . but a youth who have giving up on the system finds no need to read all those.

WE ARE NOT LAZY, WE HAVE LOST HOPE .
that is the plague of the youths somewhat.

so. until you can find a way to restore their hope and confident in our country .
nobody will read Liberia art and history for you.
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by BlackfireX: 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
And for 5 years + , you can't do anything about it.

We have been scammed both zombies and wailers
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Maxymilliano(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
With such huge population of jobless youths and no hope in sight, the country is sitting on a keg of gun powder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by SarkinYarki: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
God Punish every mindless zombie supporting this man
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Light1259: 6:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Our leaders are evil, their agenda is to enrich poverty in Nigeria so that we will worship and beg them.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by ZombieTERROR: 6:25pm On Dec 19, 2019
With the suffering and pain in the land

Someone will wake Up with an empty stomach..borrow data come online to chant sai barber..

Nigerians are cursed
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by JonDon12: 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
James4424:

before i start . it seems your augment is based on book knowledge not on street observation .
you need to go out there and observe for yourself why we are not doing like you.

i will quote you here :
"I remember when I lived in Nigeria. I read
incessantly. I borrowed books"

while my observation is based on many friends and family members even strangers in a beer palor . i observe what they say And their state of mind.

1.Oga. this youths you are talking about that voted for buhari are the uneducated tugs . those ones are gone. the youths i am talking about are the many graduates over there that are educated enough to make a difference but no, politicis is not their business .
they have lost confidence in it. rightfully so.

they will tell you that "who go win go still win". my vote will not count

my augment was simple . you did seem to counter all but one . which is the hopelessness that has engulfed us all here.

this hopelessness is what i want you to address .

the youths have somewhat giving up on the system

you are talking about reading Liberia art and history . but a youth who have giving up on the system finds no need to read all those.

WE ARE NOT LAZY, WE HAVE LOST HOPE .
that is the plague of the youths somewhat.

so. until you can find a way to restore their hope and confident in our country .
nobody will read Liberia art and history for you.
thank you

Stay Strong is all I can say. Keep your head up. Remember 99 days for thief. One day for the owner.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by James4424: 12:50am On Dec 20, 2019
JonDon12:

Stay Strong is all I can say. Keep your head up. Remember 99 days for thief. One day for the owner.

thank you . learned fellow.

your personality reflects your intensive reading.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Bitcoinomy(m): 1:30am On Dec 20, 2019
zakim:
The Federal Government of Nigeria has said, at least, 100 million of its population are without decent jobs. The Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, disclosed this while speaking at the 2019 National Migration Dialogue at the State House on Tuesday.

While lamenting that the government was worried about the rate at which Nigerian youths were leaving the country through irregular routes, Ngige said the present government was already working on ways to stem the tide. “Nigeria is over 200 million and about 60 percent are youths who need employment. Unfortunately, only 10 percent have decent jobs. “Many are unemployable while others are not employed. We are working that they get job so that they can have a roof over their head, feed and enjoy life”, he lamented. He said the FG was currently working on the adjustment of education policies in order to improve skills of Nigerian students and thereby discourage irregular migration.

“We have established linkages with the Ministry of Education, industry trade and investment, Youth and Sports and Agriculture. We want to look at our curriculum so that our people can have skills that can be exported,” Ngige added. Speaking earlier, the Federal Commissioner of National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI) Sen. Basheer Garba Mohammed said the dialogue was in line with the present administration’s agenda to create opportunities for the youths.

“Our problem is not with Nigerians migrating but with not selling out our rich resources. The country will spend most of 2020 enlightening citizens on productive ventures they can do,” he added. On his part, the Chief of Mission, International Organisation for Migration (IOM), Mr. Frantz Celestin, said the dialogue will allow Nigeria to chart a course on the localisation and domestication of the resolutions adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and regular Migration (GCM). He said a comprehensive approach was needed to optimize the overall benefits of migration, while addressing risks and challenges for individuals and communities in countries of origin, transit and destination.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/over-100-million-nigerian-youths-without-decent-jobs-fg.html
Without Decent Jobs or without Jobs...
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by knowledgeable: 2:31am On Dec 20, 2019
zakim:

Nigerian as a system is unworkable period.

How in the world are you going to be able to create that decent jobs for them...in this era of automation, robotics, 5g technologies from mojor exporting countries, at the same time, the two countries (China & India with a combine population of 3 billion people) are Skilling up their populations in IT and under relevant technologies. Nigerian youth demographic explosion, if care is not taking, could by default, be #1 major human organ harvesting nation in the world.

Prove me wrong..
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 29, 2019
JonDon12:

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
Goverment has only provided jobs for youths as BMC crew members to defend their fantastically corrupt regime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg7lfHL_l1w
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 29, 2019
SarkinYarki:
So unemployment is at 100m ..hian
A graduate working as a pure water seller is deemed unemployed without a decent job

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by CodeTemplar: 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2019
Instead of parading statistics to highlight their halfhearted efforts why not learn from advanced nations and let's seek to refine 100% of our crude. If refining less than 15% can employ hundreds of thousands of youth then you can begin to imagine what FG can achieve by refining every drop of unprocessed crude.
Crude oil jobs pay far more than N-Power or Farming or Teaching.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 29, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Instead of parading statistics to highlight their halfhearted efforts why not learn from advanced nations and let's seek to refine 100% of our crude. If refining less than 15% can employ hundreds of thousands of youth then you can begin to imagine what FG can achieve by refining every drop of unprocessed crude.
Crude oil jobs pay far more than N-Power or Farming or Teaching.
They don't want to fix the 4 refineries and use it as a conduit to loot. It would have employed thousands of youths if it worked at full capacity and complemented the number of people that would have been employed by Dangote when his refinery comes on stream.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by goodmanEU: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2019
knowledgeable:

Nigerian as a system is unworkable period.

How in the world are you going to be able to create that decent jobs for them...in this era of automation, robotics, 5g technologies from mojor exporting countries, at the same time, the two countries (China & India with a combine population of 3 billion people) are Skilling up their populations in IT and under relevant technologies. Nigerian youth demographic explosion, if care is not taking, could by default, be #1 major human organ harvesting nation in the world.

Prove me wrong..

Hello Bros, while you are right. I still believe regardless of zero government input that Nigerian youths are quite skilled and when provided with the right tools and working environment will create a booming economy with zero aid from the government.

In India and China, they have Quality schools and system which are able to train their youth's with the right skills relevant in 21st century. That"s why these countries excel in Medicine, pharmaceuticals, IT, Trade, engineering.

In our case, all the school systems are comatose and merit has been sacrificed for mediocrity. But looking at the Music and movie industry were our youths thrive and are globally competitive without government assistance. I believe strongly we have lots of gifted talents and skillful youths but because of no exposure these talents die. Also regardless of my comment there are millions of unskilled and uneducated young Nigerians.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Mrbabay: 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2019
If only we had an enabling environment
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2019
goodmanEU:

Hello Bros, while you are right. I still believe regardless of zero government input that Nigerian youths are quite skilled and when provided with the right tools and working environment will create a booming economy with zero aid from the government.

In India and China, they have Quality schools and system which are able to train their youth's with the right skills relevant in 21st century. That"s why these countries excel in Medicine, pharmaceuticals, IT, Trade, engineering.

In our case, all the school systems are comatose and merit has been sacrificed for mediocrity. But looking at the Music and movie industry were our youths thrive and are globally competitive without government assistance. I believe strongly we have lots of gifted talents and skillful youths but because of no exposure these talents die. Also regardless of my comment there are millions of unskilled and uneducated young Nigerians.
Bill Gates tried to tell them human capital was Nigeria greatest asset and to invest in education. They don't want an enlightened population because they know that will be the end of PDP,APC and APGA. They need a population they can manipulate along ethnic and religious lines to stay in power.

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2019
BlackfireX:
And for 5 years + , you can't do anything about it.

We have been scammed both zombies and wailers

Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2019
Maxymilliano:
With such huge population of jobless youths and no hope in sight, the country is sitting on a keg of gun powder
When a 100 million youths lose hope then the country is truly sitting on a keg of gun power. Nigerians are risking their lives across the Sahara desert to escape for a better life cry. And the heartless leaders still continue to loot the country blind.

How long can we postpone the doomsday before things go off.
Re: Over 100 Million Nigerian Youths Without Decent Jobs – FG by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2019
Frontpage Lalastiscala

(1) (Reply)

A Billboard Exposing Accredited Votes In Imo / See What Imam Of Peace Has To Say About Buhari And COVID-19 / Watch Pres. Buhari, VP Yemi Osinbajo & Others Applaud Health Care Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.