Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,803 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? (7108 Views)

Ella Gross: 11-Year-Old Model IceCream Advert Sparks Controversy In South Korea / Pls Time To Remember Our Old Fellow Nairalanders / Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 3:33am On Dec 18, 2019
I just stumbled on an old advert of "Joy Girl". If you don't know Joy soap, it means you've never ever
1. witnessed a military coup in Nigeria.
2. worn "Bata shoes" to school
3. seen or played with Milos Freesbee
4. take "Numba!" (The injection gun they shoot in your arm)
5. Fly kites (if you're a boy)

There are bad ones too
1. You didn't have classmates with ringworm
2. Head lice didn't disturb you

Here are some advert collections

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlcP_upamU

Do you remember
Jeleen
Minton
Orhreptal
Pomade
Pepsodent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by daddytime(m): 5:00am On Dec 18, 2019
I, I, sir...lol

1 Like

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by nams77: 6:34am On Dec 18, 2019
Wow beautiful. I remember almost all of them. This is going back memory lane. Sometimes j used to hum that joy soap advert in my subconscious.
When we were small, my niece brought up one crazy theory. She said lux soap used to make someone lost while joy soap gives someone joy.
We started throwing away the lux soap until my parents, wondering why a new soap will be finished in the twinkling of an eye, decided to ask us the kids. And we told them.
So many lux soap were wasted grin

The good ol dayz

3 Likes

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by busar(m): 8:56am On Dec 18, 2019
How time flies
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
daddytime:
I, I, sir...lol
You remember those days!
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
nams77:
Wow beautiful. I remember almost all of them. This is going back memory lane. Sometimes j used to hum that joy soap advert in my subconscious.
When we were small, my niece brought up one crazy theory. She said lux soap used to make someone lost while joy soap gives someone joy.
We started throwing away the lux soap until my parents, wondering why a new soap will be finished in the twinkling of an eye, decided to ask us the kids. And we told them.
So many lux soap were wasted grin

The good ol dayz
Those were the days of innocence when we believed everything and trusted every information.

But now, our eyes are wide open. My baby boy started operating the remote control of the TV at 2 years old.

Can such times ever come back?
When children from several schools met to play in the neighborhood till mummy is screaming your name "do you want to sleep outside this night!?"

1 Like

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
busar:
How time flies
Indeed!
And how society changes!?

In another 10 years would we recognise this present age?
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by ashatoda: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2019
remember them well well but please where are these people today? just wondering like the op
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Honestly, I don old o
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by ashatoda: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Honestly, I don old o
shey you no know before?
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2019
ashatoda:

shey you no know before?
I'm just realising cheesy
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by Mryacks: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
Ahhhh.... nostalgia. I want to cry already

2 Likes

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
You forget the sweet Limca advert

All you need is a drink Limca
Lime n lemon drink Limca

And 7up fido dido
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
ashatoda:
remember them well well but please where are these people today? just wondering like the op
All the beautiful girls would be old mamas now!
Unfortunately, we don't learn that everything visible is transient!

1 Like

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Honestly, I don old o
Buy Nku cream, use pepsodent or McLean, put on your Bata shoes and you'll be looking 16 again!

Trust me
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
Mryacks:
Ahhhh.... nostalgia. I want to cry already
I am waiting...
After eating my Nasco Biscuit!
Cry now!

After, I'll make you watch Scooby-Doo to make you stop your cry!
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2019
unicorn79:
You forget the sweet Limca advert

All you need is a drink Limca
Lime n lemon drink Limca

And 7up fido dido
grin grin grin
Voltron! Defender of the Universe

2 Likes

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by Mryacks: 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
shadeyinka:

I am waiting...
After eating my Nasco Biscuit!
Cry now!

After, I'll make you watch Scooby-Doo to make you stop your cry!

Ahhhh.....I want to go back to that innocent era cry

1 Like

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by Asetime: 11:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
Wow
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by Jimbadly: 1:25am On Dec 20, 2019
You just made my day with this. How time flies. cry
Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 5:09am On Dec 20, 2019
Jimbadly:

You just made my day with this. How time flies. cry
Indeed how time flies!
How will it be in the next 15 years?
Only God knows!

1 Like

Re: How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? by shadeyinka(m): 5:12am On Dec 20, 2019
Mryacks:

Ahhhh.....I want to go back to that innocent era cry
I miss the learning from our peers how to make kites, matches primed guns with bicycle tire spokes, mouse traps with tins, cars with milk things...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Can You babysit Your Child For Few Days? / Mother- In- Law Wahala - What Would You Do If Your Mum Did This ? / Abandoned Dead New Born Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.