Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,175 members, 7,815,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? (4744 Views)

Can Premature Expulsion Affect My Chances Of Fathering A Child? / Improving Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant With Self Fertility Massage / 10 Myths And Facts About Getting Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? by Purplediamond(f): 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2010
Hi. Pls any medical practitional in the house shd help me out.
I'm tryin to get pregnant. But i took a malaria drug (maladox) around my last Ovulation period cos i felt feverish. My period before then was on 3rd nov. I hav a regular cycle of 26days. I had s.ex on 11th nov. I took d drug on 13th nov and had s.ex again on 15th. Normally going by my cycle i shd get my next period 2morrow 29th but it appeared today 28th after mild cramps for abt 5days now which i dont usually get before. Its obvious d bleedin i'm havin now is my period and not implantation bleeding cos i'v changed a pad today.
Going by my calculations i expected to be pregnant as i cld have Ovulated on the 14th or 15th. Please could the malaria drug hav gotten in the way? Cos it really knocked me out d day i took it and i'm not really used to taking drugs.
Re: Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? by Ivynwa(f): 6:56pm On Nov 28, 2010
Purply better have a doctor or knowledgeable person advise you on the drugs to avoid if you are trying to be pregnant instead of having to take a drug and wonder whether it is okay for you. I know that some worm expellers for deworming are not good to be taken if you are trying to get pregnant especially those that contains mebendazole and metronidazole. I know this because it is always noted on such drugs that you mustn't get pregnant until after 3 months after using them so think back and be sure you did not deworm recently and that you have non of those substances in your system. At this point you need to be reading about any drug you wish to take before taking it. If I were you I will avoid the intake of drugs I can do without except folic acid for now(until you take in and get prescribed the ante-natal care drugs by your doctor), ask a pharmacy student to define drugs for you and hear him/her mention poison. A pharmacy student told me that. I for one never liked drugs. I like my body natural for me and only take drugs when very necessary.

I am sure you know to be taking folic acids days or even months before now as it will help your baby' s spine and body form well. Spinach is a good natural source of folic acid, if I were you I will be including it in my breakfast , lunch and dinner everyday. Anything to have a very sweet looking baby. You go girl, I wish you baby success!
Re: Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
go with ivynwa's advice. go to a doctor in any clinic.
Re: Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? by Purplediamond(f): 11:58am On Nov 29, 2010
Tnx Ivynwa and Toba. I appreciate ur replies.
Re: Did It Affect My Chance Of Getting Pregnant? by Ivynwa(f): 1:42am On Dec 01, 2010
I forgot to include that Alcohol is not good for you now, I am sure you know about that. Hope you are feeling better, take care.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Vaginal Odor / What are the side effects of menstrual pain pills? / 10 Health Benefit Of Bitter Leaf. (read And Share)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.