Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Who else finds this unprofessional? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who else finds this unprofessional? (479 Views)

Opay Risks Ban As Report Finds Them Guilty Of Offering "Crazy Loans" / Man Finds Decayed Monies In His Piggy Bank After 3 Years Of Saving / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who else finds this unprofessional? by Nobody: 10:03am On Dec 18, 2019
Someone who claims to be in business places his phone number on his website.

Yet when you reach out to him via WhatsApp with a business enquiry, the very first thing he asks you is:

"Who is this? How did you get my number?"

Seriously? If you don't want to be contacted by people you don't know, why advertise your number?

1 Like

Re: Who else finds this unprofessional? by SLAP44: 10:07am On Dec 18, 2019
Why not just answer his question and confirm that you got his number online?
Re: Who else finds this unprofessional? by Or11: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2019
There's nothing unprofessional about that. You have no manners for complaining. A simple message like "Hello, I got your number on nairaland.com on the webmasters section. I will like to make enquiries on the cost of building a website." and he won't ask the question.
Re: Who else finds this unprofessional? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2019
Or11:
There's nothing unprofessional about that. You have no manners for complaining. A simple message like "Hello, I got your number on nairaland.com on the webmasters section. I will like to build a website." and he won't ask the question.

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Are you aware you've assumed I didn't state where I got the number from?

I shared my observation to see if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Of course, not everyone responds with questions like that especially as it's clearly stated where I saw their number

But I find it funny that anyone who advertises their number would seem cagey and even paranoid

Thanks again
Re: Who else finds this unprofessional? by Or11: 10:46am On Dec 18, 2019
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing your opinion

Are you aware you've assumed I didn't state where I got the number from?

I shared my observation to see if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Of course, not everyone responds with questions like that especially as it's clearly stated where I saw their number

But I find it funny that anyone who advertises their number would seem cagey and even paranoid

Thanks again

Funny how you are changing words now. If you stated that you got his number from a particular website then he wouldn't be asking and get to business. I do business online as well and I ask the same questions. At the rate of kidnapping and crime in Nigeria, safety precaution is advised. If they say they were recommended by a friend and I don't know the friend, I will not do business with them. It's that simple.
Re: Who else finds this unprofessional? by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2019
Or11:

Funny how you are changing words now. If you stated that you got his number from a particular website then he wouldn't be asking and get to business. I do business online as well and I ask the same questions. At the rate of kidnapping and crime in Nigeria, safety precaution is advised.

LOL

(1) (Reply)

FIRS Gives 7-day Notice To Tax Defaulters / Turn Your Whatsapp Into An Income Source / What's Your Opinion On This Automatic Wood Lathe Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.