Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) (1924 Views)

IKEDC Fradulent Overbilling And Scam Activities (nairalander Experience 2021) / How to Apply for Ikeja Electric Prepaid Meter - Full Guide / Nuvie Global Services Int Ltd. BRAITWAITHE GRP TANKS EXPERTS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) by Nefo: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2019
On 16th November, 2019, a pre-paid meter was installed in my flat by technicians from Mojec International Ltd (metering agents to IKEDC). The pre-paid meter came with 100 units which I will need to top up after sometime if I wish to continue having electricity supply. I was reliably informed by the technician who did the installation that the meter will need to be activated before this can happen.

Sadly, I have engaged IKEDC over the non activation of the meter since 27th November, 2019 without success. I have written several emails to customer service (SR: 1136101) and also paid a visit to their Okota Area office but situation has remained unchanged. This shows gross ineptitude in dealing with customer complaints, no commitment to quality service and total disregard of customer rights.

Then on 18th December, 2019 at about 01:04am I completely ran out of electricity units. This makes me believe that it is the intention of IKEDC and its agents that I will be without electricity supply for a very long period of time. What kind of system takes 33 days long to be activated? If it takes such a long time for one pre-paid meter to be activated then the whole process is flawed and needs to be scrapped entirely.

At this point, I believe I am not only entitled to an activation but a full compensation as well for leaving me without electricity supply. It is clearly no fault of mine that I am in this very embarrassing situation. I am of the opinion that someone or a group of persons working for IKEDC or its agents are clearly not doing their jobs properly and they really need to be sanctioned accordingly. If my requests for activation and compensation are not met then I will have no other option but to seek redress in a court of law.

Re: My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 04, 2020
This quite strange, as I know IKEDC takes their customer complaints seriously and treat them very fast

I feel you should send a reminder or has this been resolved?
Re: My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) by Sosqui: 7:51am On Jan 04, 2020
osegun24:
This quite strange, as I know IKEDC takes their customer complaints seriously and treat them very fast

I feel you should send a reminder or has this been resolved?
That is not true. IKEDC is the worst of the distribution companies. I have dealt with at least 4 discos and Ikeja Electric is terrible...

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) by Jibsonified(m): 3:36pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello Nefo, that's really sad... after doing all your best to purchase the almighty Pre-paid which is supposed to give you access to light.. and yet you went through this ordeal...!!

Please has it been resolved eventually?
Kindly please help furnish info on how you resolved it.. why did they held you undeservedly under their ransom.

Please I am about to pay Mojec meter here in Gbagada, I have been mailed with the account number... They included a number which has been switched off.

I need to know what are the differences between Single and Three phase meter...
Can I change the Three phase meter approved to single phase..
After payment where should I go to confirm receipt of the payment?
How should one link IKEDC with this development so that the meter can be activated.

I believe MOJEC or whoever are in charge should have furnished us this info... but here we are ...so clueless about what they are supposed to provide for us.

I will appreciate the forum's positive contribution.
Re: My Ordeal With Ikeja Electric (IKEDC) And Its Metering Agents(mojec Int. Ltd) by mistermoney: 12:11am On Jan 11, 2023
Please Help!
My prepaid meter accepts recharge token. It was working until recently that the Khz digits stopped depleting and still supplies light. But now, the digits are just static and it's not supplying light. Someone please advice.

(1) (Reply)

Properties For Sale In Lekki, Ikate - Elegushi And Enivrons. / 3bedroom flat Bungalow Just For a Give Away Price...7m @ketu ijanikin call : 08060989506 / SOLD!!! Clean Used 2.5kva TEC Petrol Generator For Sale (35,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.