Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen (58168 Views)

Uriel Oputa Becomes Unaku Upenda Fashion Ambassador, A Chinese Clothing Company / Fan Insinuates That Phyno Has Slept With Uriel Oputa. The BBNaija Star Reacts / Anita Joseph And Uriel Oputa In Cleavage-Baring Bikini & Swimsuit Beside A Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Mrhonesty: 8:09pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:
The Way people flaunt citizenship of western countries as if nah Heaven. SMH!

People even give testimony in church about getting a Visa.

This is what Nigeria has reduced into...dint get it twisted, it's not about bad belle at all but looking at it retrospectively, it's just so shameful.

Imagine seeing a U.S citizen flaunting British citizenship..

Believe it or not, it is tougher out there and worse still, if you like get British, U.S or Canadian Pali,.... You can never be considered one of them.

The popular question you and your generation unborn will always be asked is..."Where are you originally from"?

Crazy!
Bad belle noted.
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by erico2k2(m): 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:

This is what Nigeria has reduced into...dint get it twisted, it's not about bad belle at all but looking at it retrospectively, it's just so shameful.

Believe it or not, it is tougher out there and worse still, if you like get British, U.S or Canadian Pali,.... You can never be considered one of them.

The popular question you and your generation unborn will always be asked is..."Where are you originally from"?

Crazy!
Bross Relax, British Passport nah Visa to heaven if U dnt know go and ask! as for consider one of them U r wtong there, you are one of them cos last I checked, we can contest and win elections and this has been done!
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Correcto: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
Before I correct, I will like to know why you said has is the answer
WebSurfer:

No. Have instead of has, is the correct answer
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by erico2k2(m): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Why do some people keep getting my stance twisted? Of course if I'm offered one today I will gladly get it. IT IS THE FLAUNTING on social media i have issues with...why is this hard to comprehend?
people react to succes in different ways so flaunting is by no means boasting if E easy meat 4 float inside soup!

1 Like

Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by jimcaddy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Best comment so far. It's very shameful. We can only bleach our skin but we cannot change our name and our heritage.
Toks2008:

Crazy!

1 Like

Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Sonny454: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Crazy!
I just want to hug you for the sense you've made on this issue.

Before anyone say im eop, me too im an American citizen.
But flaunting ur second hand citizenship up and fown is not it. Ppl just need to relax
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Crazy!
Nigerians aren't the only ones who celebrate acquiring US citizenship, it is pretty much a worldwide phenomenon even among decent and emerging economies. People are just proud to identify as legally recognized members of a powerful country. Asians, South Americans and Europeans are mostly just as proud as Africans and even take to their social medias to celebrate when they become citizens of a great country like the U.S.

Nobody in America or Canada sees you as an outsider when you are a citizen unless the person is racist, confused, hypocritical, ignorant and brainwashed. In fact no American is qualified to think an American whose parents are from Africa to be un-American because every American had an ancestor who at some point immigrated to America. You are as American or Canadian as every other American or Canadian regardless of you or your parents place of birth as long as you are a legal holder of the U.S or Canadian passport.

2 Likes

Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by golddeejay(m): 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
WebSurfer:
Congratulations to her.

But why do Nigerians, especially ladies, find it hard to punctuate?

Man, even what you wrote above have punctuation blunders.
this is by far the funniest thing I've read today.

1 Like

Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2019
Sonny454:

I just want to hug you for the sense you've made on this issue.

Before anyone say im eop, me too im an American citizen.
But flaunting ur second hand citizenship up and fown is not it. Ppl just need to relax
I can bet my balls you are not an American citizen
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Sonny454: 8:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
You feel entitled to reap where another man have sowed. If you travelled for a better life, keep quiet n hustle. You and other Nigerians are responsible for whats happening in Nigeria. Stop flaunting what the white man has given you, because youre now British, does your shit now smell like flowers? Or does it stop ww3 from occuring pls calm down. Shikena
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Sonny454: 8:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
iRyan:

Lol n youre so proudly wrong.
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Sonny454: 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2019
iRyan:

Then prepare to become ballless
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Dextre(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Crazy!

But nigeria is a shitty country na..if leaving to be successful is the only way,why not. And yh it's a good news,and worth celebrating. Don't put ursef in the shoe of an american,khaki nor be leather o
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Sonny454: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
iRyan:

Nigerians aren't the only ones who celebrate acquiring US citizenship, it is pretty much a worldwide phenomenon even among decent and emerging economies. People are just proud to identify as legally recognized members of a powerful country. Asians, South Americans and Europeans are mostly just as proud as Africans and even take to their social medias to celebrate when they become citizens of a great country like the U.S.

Nobody in America or Canada sees you as an outsider when you are a citizen unless the person is racist, confused, hypocritical, ignorant and brainwashed. In fact no American is qualified to think an American whose parents are from Africa to be un-American because every American had an ancestor who at some point immigrated to America. You are as American or Canadian as every other American or Canadian regardless of you or your parents place of birth as long as you are a legal holder of the U.S or Canadian passport.

You cant compare those who came hundreds of years ago vs those who have recent ties. Thats ludicrous. Its not their fault if they feel ppl are coming into their country in droves. N worried about a way to keep economic stability in light of this. I mean common on. Even "Nigerians" are not Nigerians if you go back far enough.
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
Sonny454:

You cant compare those who came hundreds of years ago vs those who have recent ties. Thats ludicrous. Its not their fault if they feel ppl are coming into their country in droves. N worried about a way to keep economic stability in light of this. I mean common on. Even "Nigerians" are not Nigerians if you go back far enough.
If we should go by your logic then it isn't their country either. The land was already inhabited by native Americans before their ancestors immigrated from their birth lands.
It doesn't matter what generation of American you are, whether you are a first gen or a billionth, you are American and nobody is disputing that fact with you.
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by baba4thegehs: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Toks2008:

Crazy!

You missed the point, it has nothing to do with pali, who cares where you are originally from??

As long as you are in a country that gives you the opportunity to thrive to make an ends, an environment that naturally rewards your hard work, an environment that increases your life expectancy, a country where leaders caters for its citizens by providing infrastructure that enables them thrive.

People migrate from one country to another for different reasons, I was shocked when I read someone of an American citizen looking for an opportunity to immigrate to Canada because of social security and etc.

So don't blame anyone for getting excited that they finally got a green pass.

If we have a thriving economy, a decent infrastructure that meets our need here in Nigeria I doubt if we'll be having this conversation

Regardless of how tough it is out there you're ALWAYS better off esp when it's a developed nation. Don't ever forget this.

Cheers
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Skmoda360(m): 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Riele:
Congrats to her .

Anything to leave Nigeria and their egoistic men .
This little feminist yi sha

Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by baba4thegehs: 11:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
ikennaiteogu:
Passport means nothing, as long you have money, even afganistan can be paradise. I'm not jealous of Nigerians who gain foreign passports or live abroad. If you have money Lagos, Abuja, Asaba, Kano, Jo's, Minna are very nice places to live. Even its better to be poor in Nigeria because you will still have somewhere to sleep unlike the Western world where homeless people are sleeping on every street and trains

Really ? Better to be poor in Nigeria?!

I pray you don't get a taste of what poeverty means in Nigeria. Cos If you have you'd retract that statement.

By the way the high crime rate in Nigeria can be translated to be as a result of poverty and people looking for other means to livelihood.

It is harsh here, you have no idea, when you go to some places and see for your self what people are going through to survive a day.
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by ayoevans6: 12:11am On Dec 19, 2019
Riele:
Congrats to her .

Anything to leave Nigeria and their egoistic men .
u no lie sister men get ego here
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by karika2018: 1:17am On Dec 19, 2019
Toks2008:

Crazy!

You do not need to be considered like them...........

but it certainly would open doors for you if work hard
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 19, 2019
Congratulations
Wish my dad had the foresight.
Now we are stuck here
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by gidgiddy: 2:32pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hismasterpiece:
I wonder if a brit would be as happy as she is about becoming a Nigerian citizen

No Brit would ever take Nigerian citizenship, it's like going by train when you already have a Jet
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by naijaobi(m): 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
monfizzy:

Ill informed comment. British citizens aren’t running to anywhere and their economy is still the 5th largest in the world and as always been in over a decade. British citizens won’t need any visas to travel to the EU regardless of the outcome of Brexit negotiation. Poor economy like Brazil nationals can travel to Europe visa free how much more the 5th largest economy in the world and only second to Germany in Europe. Jobs and unemployment here is at an all time low so be guided and stop making unguarded comments.
LOL... you are a funny person. if i prove it to you, how much are you willing to dole out?
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by monfizzy(m): 2:44pm On Dec 19, 2019
naijaobi:

LOL... you are a funny person. if i prove it to you, how much are you willing to dole out?

Prove what? How do one proof what’s not existing?
Re: Uriel Oputa Becomes A British Citizen by naijaobi(m): 12:03am On Dec 21, 2019
monfizzy:

Prove what? How do one proof what’s not existing?
Lol..leave that to me.. How much are you willing to lose if I prove this to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa Blasted On Social Media Over Comment On Xenophobic Attacks / Fans Storm Lola Omotayo-Okoye's Instagram Page Over P'square Fight / Burna Boy's Mum, Grandma And Grandpa At His 28th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.