Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals (18977 Views)

Five APC Power Blocs Battle For Control Ahead Of 2023 Presidency Poll / FG Seizes Oil Blocs From Kola Abiola, Others / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by ijustdey: 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
…advises against the $29.6bn loan

Human Right lawyer, Chief Femi Falana, Wednesday, warned President Muhammadu Buhari against allotting oil blocs to individuals in the country.

Falana vowed to drag the President to court if he does otherwise.

He spoke as a guest lecturer at a Public lecture entitled: “Politics In Nigeria, Finding A Balance Between Political Interest And The Demand For Good Governance” organised by Imeri Convergence 2019.

On the proposed $29.6bn loan approval being sought by the President at the Senate, Falana said the nation would be plunged into perpetual indebtedness which generation unborn would bear part of the brunt if the Senate should approve the loan.

The nation according to him “is currently serving its debt with 50 per cent of its annual budget.
Instead of taking loans, he advised the present administration to block leakages in the system.

He, therefore, called on Nigerians to take their destiny in their hands.

On the allocation of oil blocs, the human right lawyer said “non of the beneficiaries of oil blocs in the past had the technology to explore the oil, but rather they travel abroad to look for companies they sell or lease the oil blocs to at huge amount of money.

Falana described the sharing of oil blocs as a corrupt way politicians share the wealth among themselves and their associates.

On restructuring, he said that the present administration was not interested in the issue of restructuring and that Nigerians should stop thinking President Buhari will do it.

On Sowore travails, Falana expressed worries that the present administration prefers obeying other country’s court verdicts while disobeying the ones in Nigeria.

” If you continue to disobey court orders no country will invest in this country. If you want Nigeria to work then our government must obey court orders.

He described Sowore as a victim of injustice.
Senator Bode Olajumoke charged politicians to shun politics of bitterness for the development of the nation.

Governor Rotimi Akeredolu enjoined the people to always express their grievances in a way that would not encroach the rights of others.

One of the discussants, Chief Sola Ebiseni condemned the lopsidedness in the appointment in the Niger Delta Development Commission(NDDC), saying Ondo State should produce the next Managing Director of the commission.

He was, however, advised by Falana to drag the Federal Government to court , saying it’s a breach of the Act that established the Commission.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/falana-warns-buhari-against-allotting-oil-blocs-to-individuals/

9 Likes

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by blackboy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
He wont listen. But welldone and well spoken

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2019
If Buhari should award oil blocks you can be sure he would be awarding to companies with a track record of exploration and production.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SarkinYarki: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
This fake activist knows what he is doing ..this is how they make their money with fake activism

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SarkinYarki: 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
voltron14:
If Buhari should award oil blocks you can be sure he would be awarding to companies with a track record of exploration and production.

He will award to AA Rano that has been importing most of the petrol into Nigeria

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SimDan95(m): 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
The tyrant dictator and his cohorts believe that since there are in power Nigeria and her resources belongs to them and their Islamic counterparts, if u think I'm lying ask this zombie [s]
SarkinYarki:
This fake activist knows what he is doing ..this is how they make their money with fake activism
[/s]

Cos I dunno why any sane person would rather divert from the topic at hand and rather attack the messenger he clearly is in no league wit, That's to show you how BMC's reason.

Lemme perch here and wait for that carcass meat sellers usual I'll reasoned comment.

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:

He will award to AA Rano that has been importing most of the petrol into Nigeria

You must think E&P is your signboard business.

4 Likes

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
Lack of education dey worry us.

Nigerians that have exchanged dia destiny for social media and internet bundle.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SarkinYarki: 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
voltron14:

You must think E&P is your signboard business.

I once worked in the upstream so I know E&P better than U...he can assign them oil block and they will hand it over to a Chinese IOC to explore and produce on royalty basis just like your sister Alakija is doing in Agbami with Chevron ... Do you know how much AA Rano is making from fuel imports daily as we speak ...I don't want to expose it because they will know I am privy to their inside info ... Trust me AA Rano is now a billion dollar company

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I once worked in the upstream so I know E&P better than U...he can assign them oil block and they will hand it over to a Chinese IOC to explore and produce on royalty basis just like your sister Alakija is doing in Agbami with Chevron ... Do you know how much AA Rano is making from fuel imports daily as we speak ...I don't want to expose it because they will know I am privy to their inside info ... Trust me AA Rano is now a billion dollar company

You worked in E&P?

You have already spoken about AA AA Rano in glowing terms. What's holding you back.

Delusions of grandeur.

grin

This guy and his lies eh!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SarkinYarki: 9:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
voltron14:

You worked in E&P?

You have already spoken about AA AA Rano in glowing terms. What's holding you back.

Delusions of grandeur.

grin

This guy and his lies eh!

Yes before man and God I worked in E&P ..was even involved in the design and installation of an anti pirate feature on the Agbami FPSO. Worked on Sea Eagle , worked on Bonga b, some years back before I left the industry to start my own Business.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Stalwert: 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
Dishonest Fa-Lie-na has played to the gallery to impress dumb drug up fools. under PMB NIETI has made all the owners of oil blocks known and such knowledge is accessible to the general public. That is transparency. While Fa-Lie-na can afford to act with complete disregard for integrity, PMB does not need advice from Fa-Lie-na shameless hustle mode that seems greedy enough to take money from the mouth of a dead man.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 10:03pm On Dec 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Yes before man and God I worked in E&P ..was even involved in the design and installation of an anti pirate feature on the Agbami FPSO. Worked on Sea Eagle , worked on Bonga b, some years back before I left the industry to start my own Business.

You mean you welded the reinforcement to the Citadel.

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by SarkinYarki: 10:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
voltron14:

You mean you welded the reinforcement to the Citadel.

I am not a welder I was part of the team that did the design from conception till it was installed . We also conducted SRS on the Agbami

2 Likes

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by voltron14: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I am not a welder I was part of the team that did the design from conception till it was installed . We also conducted SRS on the Agbami

Will you stop that nonsense talk?

Nobody would award a backwater local company such a sensitive job to handle.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by darkwan: 12:17am On Dec 19, 2019
ijustdey:

…advises against the $29.6bn loan

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/falana-warns-buhari-against-allotting-oil-blocs-to-individuals/

Lalasticlala

oo shitt....nigeria is far away from true democracy like in western nations....

what sowore did is anti-democratic....

1 Like

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by JubrinElSudan: 7:51am On Dec 19, 2019
He said he will take Buhari to court if he does so. Lol, that's like a joke

2 Likes

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by PataAlhaja(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2019
Oil blocs should belong to the state governments in which they are situated.

Why on earth should an individual be allocated an oil bloc? For wetin na?

This country sef.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by foolbuster: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:

We yu keep kwayet !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2019
voltron14:

Will you stop that nonsense talk?

Nobody would award a backwater local company such a sensitive job to handle.
GBAMsolutely!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by smogup: 7:53am On Dec 19, 2019
Buhari is an unrepentant tribalist.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Keemsleek005(m): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Is it only AA RANO that imports fuel?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Alvin212(m): 7:53am On Dec 19, 2019
Thunder fire Cowhari and his surporters.

Every afonjezzy youth from the brown roof republic

Bush tribe of Ogbomoshooooooo

Will kick the bucket via accident before the year run's up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by israelmao(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2019
I trust Buhari if he goes ahead with the allotment 90% will be from the north.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by Kendumazy(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2019
Disobeying court order is my own concern.
Re: Falana Warns Buhari Against Allotting Oil Blocs To Individuals by PataAlhaja(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2019
[s]
Stalwert:
Dishonest Fa-Lie-na has played to the gallery to impress dumb drug up fools. under PMB NIETI has made all the owners of oil blocks known and such knowledge is accessible to the general public. That is transparency. While Fa-Lie-na can afford to act with complete disregard for integrity, PMB does not need advice from Fa-Lie-na shameless hustle mode that seems greedy enough to take money from the mouth of a dead man.
[/s]

Person dey fight for wetin right, you dey yarn nonsense.

Mumu.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavy Security At Edo House Of Assembly / Saraki: I Am Fulani From Mali / Party Agent Attacked At Benue-South Re-Run Election - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.