Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg (218 Views)

Coups: We Will Continue To Defend Democracy And The Constitution - COAS Lagbaja / Buhari Out To Truncate Democracy - Governor Ganduje / PDP hails Supreme Court’s ruling on Rivers APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg by Nksleek: 9:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Akwa Ibom State Governor, Udom Emmanuel was full of thanksgiving after the Supreme Court affirmed his victory in the March 9th gubernatorial elections, thus ending the litigations that started at the Election Tribunal to Appeal Court and ending at the apex court.

According to him, the victory affirms that the judiciary is the last bastion of the common man.

He wrote;

“Let me again, thank our ONLY GOD, our Supreme God for securing us this Supreme victory and our people for their prayers and support during the elections and throughout the period of litigations. As I said during my victory speech on March 10th, the overwhelming mandate you gave me has galvanized and propelled me to continue to serve you with every fibre in me.

“We must secure our future today by laying the solid foundation for sustainable growth through the provision of enduring infrastructure, world-class healthcare delivery, education of our children that is tailored to the realities of the 21st Century globalized world, food sufficiency, continuous attraction of Foreign Direct Investments, expansion of our aviation industry, Power for all, by 202, human capacity development across board, tourism, sports development etc.

“To the Nigerian judiciary, you have again risen to defend our democracy and for this, I say thank you for being the last bastion for the common man.

“Let me again extend my hands of fellowship to my brothers and sisters on the other side of the political divide to come and let us build our dear State together. The period of politicking and litigations are over, it’s time now for governance. Akwa Ibom State is a piece of God’s own real estate; we should not allow the flaming passions of partisan politics affect the cords of our unity and love.

“God bless our State, God bless our nation and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance.

Read more ;

Source: https://focusnaija.com.ng/2019/12/18/judiciary-has-risen-to-defend-democracy-governor-udom-hails-supreme-court-judgement/

Re: Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg by Brandstudio01: 9:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
And what were you expecting him to tell you
Re: Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg by BeStroNG(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
That is because the verdict was on his favour. Fear Nigerian politicians.

Congrats though.
Re: Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg by nwamabo247(m): 9:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
FOr where only when it favor you
Re: Judiciary Has Risen To Defend Democracy - Governor Udom Hails Supreme Court Judg by popsy2(m): 9:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Democracy

(1) (Reply)

2023: Shun Anger, Bitterness, Okowa Urges Gov Aspirants / President Buhari Wishes Nigerians A Merry Christmas / Sowore, Dasuki: Group Warns Buhari To Shy Away From Arbitrary Exercise Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.