Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Ronaldo’s Towering Header Sent Juventus To Top Of Serie A - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Ronaldo’s Towering Header Sent Juventus To Top Of Serie A (526 Views)

EPL: How Ronaldo Blocked Man Utd From Appointing Conte As New Manager / How Ronaldo’s Children Reacted When They Saw Him Score A Goal On TV (video) / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Ronaldo’s Towering Header Sent Juventus To Top Of Serie A by Nigeria2day(m): 8:24am On Dec 19, 2019
Nigeria Today [url]http://nigeriatodaynews.com/news/how-ronaldo%E2%80%99s-towering-header-sent-juventus-to-top-of-serie-a[/url]

A superb Cristiano Ronaldo header sent Juventus three points clear in Serie A with a 2-1 victory at Sampdoria on Wednesday, as Gianluigi Buffon matched the league appearance record.

Ronaldo was denied his second goal by the offside flag late on before Samp scorer Caprari was sent off in stoppage time when he was shown a second yellow card.

“The whole team showed the right attitude,” Ronaldo later said. “It was a good goal and I am glad to help the team with another three points.
“I had problems with my knee for a month, but that has gone now, and I feel good physically.”

It was a special night for Buffon as the veteran goalkeeper equalled Paolo Maldini’s record of 647 Serie A appearances.
He has also now set a new Juventus Serie A appearance record of 479 games, one more than Alessandro Del Piero.

Juventus top the table with 42 points, although second-placed Inter Milan (39) have a game in hand, while Sampdoria is 17th on 15 points.
Sarri fielded the attacking trident of Ronaldo, Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain for the second game in a row.

His side needed 19 minutes to find the opener as Dybala struck a sublime volley into the bottom corner.
Sampdoria drew level 10 minutes before the break when Caprari swept a finish past Buffon after a defensive mix-up.

Nigeria Today [url]http://nigeriatodaynews.com/news/how-ronaldo%E2%80%99s-towering-header-sent-juventus-to-top-of-serie-a[/url]

Re: How Ronaldo’s Towering Header Sent Juventus To Top Of Serie A by Jamesilvar(m): 8:36am On Dec 19, 2019
Air CR7

Re: How Ronaldo’s Towering Header Sent Juventus To Top Of Serie A by popsy2(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2019
super

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Manchester United Vs Norwich 4-0 All Goals & Highlights / Free Football Prediction Forum / Heavyweight Rankings: Anthony Joshua Now Overtakes Deontay Wilder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.