Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

The New Nigeria! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The New Nigeria! (576 Views)

OFFICIAL: Jose Mourinho Named As New Nigeria Coach- Goal.com / New Nigeria Videos 'show Military Abuses / How To Apply For The New Nigeria National Identity Card In 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Nigeria! by MzGreat(f): 12:51pm On Nov 29, 2010
When i hear the names of cities like  New York, New Orleans, New jersey and the like, i get the impression that they evolved from their old states. likewise we shall have New Lagos, New Gombe, New Warri and so on. Our federal capital, Abuja was designed and built, It is beautiful. we will reproduce that and much more all over the country. The road networks and rail systems will be ultra-modern. Each city will be a tourist attraction. I see many more airports, beautiful and efficient with flight connections between most cities in Nigeria.

I see the international airports several times their sizes, becoming major hubs for air traffic on the continent. There will be uninterrupted power supply and there will be 24 hour cities. Some basic services will be provided all day and all night. this will create employment opportunities. we will not be afraid to move about in the night, if necessary because there will be security of life and property.

Our cities will be adorned with beautiful and large shopping malls where citizens will be able to buy good quality items at fair prices.
I see towns in rural areas with all the amenities and services in the cities; uninterrupted power supply, good roads, well equipped schools, shopping malls and so on. I see large farm lands, cultivated with modern equipments, sowed with specialty developed seeds and bringing forth multiple times the yield we get per hectare now. I see large food manufacturing industries, processing food for both the local and export market.

I see a new generation of public schools with first class buildings, laboratories and equipments, offering free education up to Senior Secondary School. I see higher institutions and technical schools turning out professionals, teachers and technicians who are among the best in the world. I see ground breaking research taking place at our universities and research centers, and i see such impacting on our industries and subsequently, the rate of development of the country.

I see rows of residential apartments springing up in the new cities. I see also beautiful multi-storey buildings adorning our skylines; some are residential apartments while others are commercial buildings. I see a new financial arrangement where the average Nigerian has a job, can afford to own a home, and those whose rent pay monthly from their regular income.

I see multitudes of people applying for visas to visit Nigeria as tourist all year round, bringing in foreign exchange that will strengthen our economy. I see the coastline, mountains, waterfalls developed into attractive sites being visited by tourist. I see games parks and hotels springing up across the country, with families traveling around the country on holidays.

I see an explosion of business across the country as it will become easier to register and run a business. I see those businesses creating mass employment, and high quality products and services. I see the businesses and their employees paying taxes to government that will make the income from the sale of crude oil look like small change. I see a new kind of political leadership where most of who hold offices will be successful entrepreneurs who will not need to use their offices for accumulation of wealth. I see free and fair elections, and elected officers fully accountable to their electorate for their actions in office. i see protection and empowerment being offered the disabled and vulnerable members of the society.

I see broadband internet connection in every home and office in the country. i see people paying for goods either online or by phone  in the comfort of their homes, and having products delivered to their doorsteps. I see an effective postal system with next day delivery anywhere across the country.

This is the Nigeria of our dream; your future reality and mine, and the future reality of our children and theirs. with hard work and God's help, our dream shall come to pass!

In our quest to build the Nigeria of our dreams, we must not relent. God will use you and me to take Nigeria to her place of destiny. you have what it takes to bring about change in your immediate environment, start in your own little way. model the new Nigeria. Then join the company of new Nigerians evolving all around the nation as we compel change in our attitudes, legislation and practices. in a few years this country will be envy of other nations.

Now that you have read this and you have chosen to join the company of change agents and history makers, the change has begun.

NIGERIA IS SUCCEEDING!!!

Sam Adeyemi, Senior Pastor Daystar Christian Center

(1) (Reply)

A Website In Nigeria I Encountered That Made My Life Easier! / A Brand New Curve 3g Up For Sale For Only 40k Call Mike On 07068869932 / Latin America Braces For Tsunami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.