Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread - Education (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread (150380 Views)

Unilag Postgraduate Information Thread 2023/2024 Session-buzor / Unilag Postgraduate Information Thread 2022/2023 Session / Unilag Postgraduate Information Thread 2021/2022 Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (89) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Jamesrock(m): 2:31pm On May 30, 2021
Jamesrock:

If you’re in MSC ZOOLOGY and you’ve seen your admission letter... join the group by using the link below...

https://
chat.whatsapp.
com/
CRjCCsM5RGp9KmSdssukUg

Join the above 4 lines without space so you can join the group

If you’re in MSC ZOOLOGY and you’ve seen your admission letter... join the group by using the link below...

https://
chat.whatsapp.
com/
CRjCCsM5RGp9KmSdssukUg

Join the above 4 lines without space so you can join the group
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Birdsky: 2:57pm On May 30, 2021
Greatidj:

In addition to this, there are some basic requirements unilag flag red during registration.

1. Graduate from satellite campus are ineligible to apply.

2. Candidate still serving

3. Candidates with statements of result.

So basically, not qualified means there's an issue with your credentials. You could visit the school for clarity.

I used statement of result for my application and got admitted.

4 Likes

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by fribarton(m): 4:00pm On May 30, 2021
khaleesi:

How did you check your entrance exam score?

I checked mine when the result was first released before it was taken down.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by teelord1(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2021
Seun12345:
Pls what is the required cut off mark for construction management

50...i guess
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by creamierover: 4:44pm On May 30, 2021
For those that received recommendation email from Unilag Msc Production/Operation Management, kindly join this Whatsapp group to enable us follow up with one another https:///HABBe6mzChVLLCHxHWglPd
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by creamierover: 4:47pm On May 30, 2021
pls if you applied for Masters in Production/Operation Management (part time)
pls join the group, let us rub minds please.

https:///HABBe6mzChVLLCHxHWglPd
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by adekoseru: 4:47pm On May 30, 2021
Chizzyoranyelu:
pls if you applied for Masters in process Engineering (part time)
pls join the group, let us rub minds please.

https:///CqkEGr113lg9wgdyhYpZYn

@ Chizzyoranyelu

Please can you reshare the correct link to join the WhatsApp group?
Thanks.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by mrrandomguy: 5:51pm On May 30, 2021
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Kingsean(m): 6:45pm On May 30, 2021
jumiasalesguy3:

You wouldn't just sit for that to happen. He has to start running around now.
Mine was changed from not recommended to recommended without any running around, so I feel any other changes after this would require running around don't just sit and except it to happen.

I know. I didn't say he should not run around but some would still be changed without running around even now. unilag would create a supplementary list. however, it's better not to just sit and wait
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by dav1002(m): 7:05pm On May 30, 2021
[quote author=Birdsky post=102198163]

I used statement of result for my application and got admitted.

Have you applied for your transcript to be sent to Unilag school of postgraduate already?
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 30, 2021
For Unilag MIT (Master of Information Technology) students with confirmed admission or recommended status, kindly join our WhatsApp group for info and updates!

https://chat.whatsapp .com/GBKJIFXk96rEult6RaOII4
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by teelord1(m): 9:09pm On May 30, 2021
https:///EIJ5nyKrPOWDcZIcsiVSWO

WhatsApp group link above for construction technology and Management.
Cheers Guys
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Chizzyoranyelu(f): 9:09pm On May 30, 2021
https:///Ex6tTNJepZU1Ukqj5wtfNy (quote author=adekoseru post=102201233]

@ Chizzyoranyelu

Please can you reshare the correct link to join the WhatsApp group?
Thanks.
[/quote]
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Chizzyoranyelu(f): 9:11pm On May 30, 2021
https:///Ex6tTNJepZU1Ukqj5wtfNy

please Process Engineering (part time),
please join��
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by tirex(m): 10:30pm On May 30, 2021
Hello guys, I noticed there's been no group for Computer Science...So, kindly follow the link to join the WhatsApp group.

https:///KiYIrp0SNJl2CVQvcU6Szf
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Birdsky: 1:04am On May 31, 2021
[quote author=dav1002 post=102205471][/quote]

No, I will use my degree certificate for now
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 6:55am On May 31, 2021
Chibexe:
How scores/Mark are allotted.

The Exam is 60%
Extra Certificate is 10%
B.Sc Result/Certificate is 20%

*That's a total or 90%*
(Will tell you how they allocate the last 10% later)

But see the gist ����

*BSC FREE MARKS ALLOCATION:*

_First class = 20 marks_

_Second Class Upper (2-1) = 15 marks_

_Second Lower (2-2) = 10 marks_

_Third class = ZERO marks_

*Take Note: The grading is applied before the total summation is done to all results.*

However, These can be reviewed from time to time.

*Example*

_SECOND CLASS LOWER STUDENTS_

If you write exams and score 25%

*That is 25/60*
Since your Bsc is 2:2, that is additional 10marks
*25 + 10 = 35*
If you have ACA = 10 marks

*35 + 10 = 45*

so you have 45/90

assuming the last criteria u have zero.

*45/100; If the cut off marks is 44 - You get in via merit list.*����

And you can shout� Hallelujah ------ *But if the cut off mark is 50, you re out, can you still shout?*

Please do��.

Next.��..

_SECOND CLASS UPPER STUDENTS_

Lets assume everything is the same except the Bsc class.

25 + 15 + 10 = 50

If the cut off marks is 44
you get in via merit list and you can shout Halleluyah, if the cut off mark is 50, you still get in by merit. ----- But If the cut-off mark is 56, *sorry, you're out*

Next...

FIRST CLASS STUDENTS
Lets assume everything is the same except the B.Sc class.

25 + *20* + 10 = 55
you enter on merit.✅

_but if cut off mark is 56 you re out, sorry ��_

*3RD CLASS STUDENTS*
Lets assume everything is the same except the Bsc

*25 + 0 + 10 = 35*

*35* is failure by all standards. no department takes 35. *_The minimum is 40 and the max i have seen is 68._*

No matter the category you belong to, all you need is adequate preparation.

Buzor
Morning, Buzor. What's the remaining 10% used for?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by teelord1(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2021
https:///EIJ5nyKrPOWDcZIcsiVSWO

WhatsApp group link above for construction technology and Management.
Cheers Guys
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 31, 2021
I went to Unilag PG office today and they confirmed they will be merging us with the new set in September.

So we have to wait for this new set to do their entrance exams and we will get screened and registered together in September...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by braine(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2021
Afriqan:
I went to Unilag PG office today and they confirmed they will be merging us with the new set in September.

So we have to wait for this new set to do their entrance exams and we will get screened and registered together in September...

Just imagine this!
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by vickyzeb: 3:09pm On May 31, 2021
Afriqan:

When are they releasing the admission lists? Will they release it soon or in September too?
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Demagogue: 3:29pm On May 31, 2021
Afriqan:

Whoa! Finally, my prediction confirmed. I just knew it from the way UNILAG has been going about this current admission process. It's been so unusually haphazard.

So, then, the long wait begins. And of course, admission is bound to be stricter, especially for the new set; but definitely, the classes will be fuller than before. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 31, 2021
vickyzeb:

When are they releasing the admission lists? Will they release it soon or in September too?

Of course it's gonna be September, since they plan on merging us. Regardless, if you've gotten ur admission letter, print it out or save an e-copy. The admission list is not a priority if u have received a provisional letter of admission.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by vickyzeb: 3:52pm On May 31, 2021
Demagogue:

Whoa! Finally, my prediction confirmed. I just knew it from the way UNILAG has been going about this current admission process. It's been so usually haphazard.

So, then, the long wait begins. And of course, admission is bound to be stricter, especially for the new set; but definitely, the classes will be fuller than before. It is well.

But they should publish the admission lists before the end of 2021/2022 registration, so as not to deny the not-admitted or not recommended candidates a chance to try again.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 31, 2021
braine:

Just imagine this!

Well, wetin man go do? Na Covid-19 cause am. embarassed
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by vickyzeb: 3:53pm On May 31, 2021
Afriqan:

Of course it's gonna be September, since they plan on merging us. Regardless, if you've gotten ur admission letter, print it out or save an e-copy. The admission list is not a priority if u have received a provisional letter of admission.

Some departments like MBA haven't released any admission letter.
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 31, 2021
vickyzeb:

But they should publish the admission lists before the end of 2021/2022 registration, so as not to deny the not-admitted or not recommended candidates a chance to try again.

vickyzeb:

Some departments like MBA haven't released any admission letter.

No need to panic bro, I have never heard of a confirmed admission (with admission letter) being denied, so I think it's no big deal.

The departments that haven't released their admission letter may do so later, but once it is *recommended* there isn't any issue. That's why they sent email confirmation to those people as their own evidence.

At the end of the day, the school wants to make money too, so they can't deny admissions especially for professional master's like MBA...
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Demagogue: 4:31pm On May 31, 2021
vickyzeb:

As in, that's where the problem lies. It's so frustrating not to know your exact status, since one can't tell wether those not recommended can still be considered for supplementary lists, as it's usually done.

In any case, I think the fact that they're likely to be merging two sets should let one know that having supplementary lists this time around may not be feasible.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Demagogue: 4:36pm On May 31, 2021
Afriqan:

No need to panic bro, I have never heard of a confirmed admission (with admission letter) being denied, so I think it's no big deal.

The departments that haven't released their admission letter may do so later, but once it is *recommended* there isn't any issue. That's why they sent email confirmation to those people as their own evidence.

At the end of the day, the school wants to make money too, so they can't deny admissions especially for professional master's like MBA...

Well, I think Vicky's concern here is the possibility of one's name being included in the admission list, despite the "not recommended" status, since it's very common for that to happen after other considerations.

So, the question is, should one go ahead as a "not recommended" to buy the new form on sale, or should one wait to see the eventual admission list? What happens if your name appears eventually on the list after doling out N22,500 for another form in these difficult times? That's the dilemma.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 31, 2021
The sales of form closes on the 29th of August. I really don't think there is a need to rush. The university would have contacted everyone about their status by then.

As regards the merger, it's just the common sense thing for the university to do. There is a session currently running and it ends in September. They cannot enrol this set when that one isn't over yet. And if resumption of this set coincides with when another set should come in, I really don't know why anyone should be sad about that. It's a win-win for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by elpatron95(m): 5:12pm On May 31, 2021
Unilag Ment
Re: Unilag Postgraduate 2020/2021 Information Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 31, 2021
Demagogue:

Well, I think Vicky's concern here is the possibility of one's name being included in the admission list, despite the "not recommended" status, since it's very common for that to happen after other considerations.

So, the question is, should one go ahead as a "not recommended" to buy the new form on sale, or should one wait to see the eventual admission list? What happens if your name appears eventually on the list after doling out N22,500 for another form in these difficult times? That's the dilemma.

To the 2 bolded assumptions, I would advise anyone with a "not recommended" status to proceed and get another form instead of waiting for a possible but highly unlikely chance at getting it after not being recommended.

Yes 22k5 is money, but that's the only valid advice if you don't want to risk that same window of admission for this year... You can easily revisit your mistakes and correct them in the next examination.

If we don't spend money on our aspirations, we will spend on other irrelevant things. Shalom.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (89) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Fourth Edition Chatroom / 2018/2019 UNIBEN Admission Guide Thread. / List Private Universities In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.