Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa (15382 Views)

Sanusi Knocks NNPC, Says Fuel Consumption Figures Unbelievable / TUC Tackles Sylva As FG Says Fuel Price Increase Looms / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Charly68: 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
God bless Buhsri for reducing so much waste in the country .Imagine the volume of money we spend daily on fuel subsidy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Truthbites: 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2019
Horlufemi:

Set a reminder of this in 2022

Check Fuel price in 2022 and compare it with today

Don't scare me o..will it increase more than this? Lord help us! Or it will be the #44 naira that they scammed gullible Nigerians with?
Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Confirm! Transparent policies with results. Though slow but progressing, not backward. Laying the new foundations today but the pillars will be built tommorow

deji17:

The same customs are involved in the border closure. A lot was going on in the past, but with present Govt good policy, things are taking shape.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by 0monnak0da: 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
There is a very simple solution remove fuel subsidy and ensure that petrol in Nigeria is ALWAYS costlier than in neighbouring countries. If the people of Niger can afford to pay then so can we. It may be a bitter pill to swallow but the earlier we do this the better.

This is especially important now that we are talking of borrowing $30 billion. Any country borrowing so much cannot afford to subsidize petrol
Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by 0monnak0da: 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2019
Charly68:
God bless Buhsri for reducing so much waste in the country .Imagine the volume of money we spend daily on fuel subsidy

Has the fuel subsidy budget dropped under Buhari.
Me I no know book but

do you have facts and figures of Nigeria's fuel subsidy for the last 5 years?

Assertions should be based on data and not sentiments
Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
It means our fuel smuggling has reduced. Do you know our fuel is more cheaper? Reason they smuggle our fuel through borders to country without paying export taxes. If they want our fuel, let them go through our seaports and pay export duties as well. Should we expand their economy at our own peril? No.

Ecowas seems like scam, they need to review their policies which must favour us legitimately. Else, borders remain close till further notice.

Marvieduke:
So they don't want to open the border. And they expect fuel consumption to be high.
Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by teepain: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
BreconHills:

I have read the article and while I agree with the facts, I dispute the conclusion. The desire for foreign foodstuff and clothes is not a simply function of fx pricing rates. It is a function of irrational desire for all that is foreign. The writer of the article wrote from the standpoint of logical economics without adding any behavioral finance elements that would have made his article realistic.

What the new border policy does is give pause to those who have 1. Chosen to make all things foreign their badge of honour and 2. Those who supply their whims.

You may remember that at a time the juice market in Nigeria was dominated by Just Juice. Today following a ban and the inevitable poor quality of the product caused time period of time/poor storage of the product, we now have several local varieties valued at billions of naira and employing or distributing value to hundreds of thousands of Nigerians with multiplier effects to millions.

The long term change is a change in consumption patterns through deprivation of immediate gratification and the existence of viable local alternatives. It is not a "whack a mole" strategy. Anyone who has played that game knows that there is no strategy to it other than knee jerk reactions. The policy of import substitution is key to the future of the Nigerian economy. Creating a disconnect between demand and supply puts Nigeeia on a "cold turkey" withdrawal from its foreign origin drug.

The complaints we have now are merely the withdrawal symptoms of drug addicts on the mend. We "go soon dey alright"

You sure do know your economics and finance. Kudos!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Horlufemi(m): 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2019
Truthbites:

Don't scare me o..will it increase more than this? Lord help us! Or it will be the #44 naira that they scammed gullible Nigerians with?

You too talk.

Set reminder SHIKENA
Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Johans1991: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
Truthbites:
For me, PMB closed borders because he likes people to know he's the boss,na him great pass, na him de control and out of massive wickedness (my opinion pls)...1984, 2015, history is there. Cannot be changed. This clown that spoke in the article didn't see the angle of the loss of business from 120 trucks to 30 trucks. Keep deceiving ya selves with this border closure. One day be one day, monkey go go market, e nor go return
rant of a monkey.(my opinion sha)

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Truthbites: 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2019
Johans1991:
rant of a monkey.(my opinion sha)

1991 pikin common STHU..before I slap the taste out of ur mouth..small u.g.l.y ape
Re: Border Closure: Ibrahim Ciroma Says Fuel Consumption Dropped By 70% In Adamawa by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 22, 2019
Marvieduke:
So they don't want to open the border. And they expect fuel consumption to be high.
Hi there,
Please read the post again, this time... very very slowly.
Line by line, you'll comprehend better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dayo Isreal: Young Nigerians Want Tinubu To Be President / PHOTOS: President Buhari Departs For Jordan Ahead Of Counter Terrorism Summit / There Is No Proof That Amina Zakari Is President Buhari's Niece - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.