Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Have You Seen Your Father's Signature - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Seen Your Father's Signature (463 Views)

What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / Christian Oluchukwu Nwodia Missing Person: Please Have You Seen This Guy? / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by slimjohn2k5: 4:34am On Dec 21, 2019
Some dad are so secretive like my dad.
I am now 33yrs old 34 next month and I have never seen his signature. Apart from that he never discuss his properties of which he has alot. There was a time I asked the price of land in the village because he has many, the answer I got was do u want to buy land.

Should I be worried?
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by nams77: 4:47am On Dec 21, 2019
I am speechless. You dad reminds me of my friend's father that refused his children to touch his cars and when he died, i believe he would have turned in his grave the way the children 'sama' the cars. grin
It is dangerous for a man not to show his children the extent of his estate. If he dies, those properties are lost.
I just hope your popsman have a will.
That all i can say for now.

Just hustle tight and get ur own stuffs

If your mum can talk to him, she should make him see the danger of his action. But men like your dad hardly listen to their wives. If he goes to church, then his pastor/priest should speak to him. I wouldn't advice his brothers/family members do that. They make have interest.
I am saying this so that your dad's effort don't go to waste not because you should have your eyes on his properties. Get yours too.

Last word. If you are a man reading this and you have started acquiring properties, pls get s will done. It doesn't mean you are about to die. Dont wait until you are all grey. I have seen families thrown into turmoil as a result of this.
Also, get your next of kin issues settled in your banks. Those of you that, in the Heat of passion used your girlfriends as next of kin and you have kids now, go sort it out. Peace

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by Pavore9: 5:06am On Dec 21, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
I am now 33yrs old 34 next month and I have never seen his signature. Apart from that he never discuss his properties of which he has alot. There was a time I asked the price of land in the village because he has many, the answer I got was do u want to buy land.

Should I be worried?

Haven't you ever seen a cheque or a document he signed?

Not wanting to sound offensive but I believe this below captures what you posted about your dad.
"Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is one of a group of conditions called "Cluster A" personality disorders which involve odd or eccentric ways of thinking. People with PPD also suffer from paranoia, an unrelenting mistrust and suspicion of others, even when there is no reason to be suspicious'.
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by sinaj(f): 5:07am On Dec 21, 2019
34 and you dont know your dad's properties?

Better talk to him about it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by Goldencheese(m): 6:10am On Dec 21, 2019
Some fathers do have them funny behaviours.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:26am On Dec 21, 2019
Ahhh...... I am surprised o. My own dad was open minded and hid nothing. Anyways, If your dad has a lawyer and you know his lawyer, then don't worry too much. You people should check yourselves very well, he cannot just distrust everyone, he should be open to his wife or one or two of his children, something is wrong somewhere.
slimjohn2k5:

Should I be worried?
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by WhoDeyThere(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2019
God will uplift you. At 34 you should be more concerned about acquiring and keeping properties for your own children and not waiting for your fathers'.
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by babyfaceafrica: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
Ahhh...... I am surprised o. My own dad was open minded and hid nothing. Anyways, If your dad has a lawyer and you know his lawyer, then don't worry too much. You people should check yourselves very well, he cannot just distrust everyone, he should be open to his wife or one or two of his children, something is wrong somewhere.

Some dad are funny, there is nothing wrong anywhere with OP
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by babyfaceafrica: 9:22am On Dec 21, 2019
sinaj:
34 and you dont know your dad's properties?

Better talk to him about it.

He will think his children want to kill him and inherit his properties... All this funny parents upandawn.....
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by slimjohn2k5: 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Well I am not after his properties, I am just asking if it is anything to be worried about
Re: Have You Seen Your Father's Signature by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:08pm On Dec 21, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
I am now 33yrs old 34 next month and I have never seen his signature. Apart from that he never discuss his properties of which he has alot.
My brother, you worry over nothing. Although I believe that a man should be open to his family but since he decides to keep to himself on his properties then you shouldn't be bothered as long as he trains you, takes care of you and is responsible. You should be concerned about acquiring yours.
There was a time I asked the price of land in the village because he has many, the answer I got was do u want to buy land.

Should I be worried?
If you don't intend buying land, he must have reasoned that you may be nursing plan to sell one of his lands. His question wasn't out of place.

The thing is, some men have fears when it comes to properties due to what is happening.

(1) (Reply)

Funny Meme Kind-hearted Friends Can Relate To. / Fake Stories Everywhere / Africans Hide Themselves Inside Matress, To Be Smuggled Into Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.