Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,682 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City (61306 Views)

Heavily Overloaded Bus Spotted Recently On A Highway (pics/video) / Keke Driver Spotted With Overloaded Tricycle (Photo) / 20 Most Ridiculous Overloaded Vehicles Spotted On The Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by DerickCO(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
I want to use this medium to say:
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas to you all! cool cheesy wink
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Ttipsy(f): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

From Aba oil fields...

Amusua!
lets not direct it to oil.. you said Igbos should be grateful to Hausas for building the bridge, now my question is, was Hausas part of the engineers that build the bridge or is it Hausa money or finances that was used to construct the bridge,,? you see one of the problem of Nigerians like you is ignorance and illiteracy smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by lilyheaven: 9:30pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ernerstdavid55:
Onicha neat sha I thought is dirty place
I thought too, until I visited.
I don't know why Aba is so dirty

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by shilz(f): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
Maxcollins042:
Federal Road Safety officials will be praying to come across overloaded vehicles as seen in the first picture.
the drivers understand this"they play their part "till they get to their destination.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Farki: 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
CSTR2:
That port at onne is going to be a game changer.

Massive divestment from Lagos.

Good, the place is getting crowded.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Halexgos3(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
Onitsha my pride
God bless Anambra state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by oweniwe(m): 10:10pm On Dec 21, 2019
ogorwyne:

Lol at limestone kind of road. The sand there is kind of white, a bit like nzu. The road from Obiaruku is way better, I don't know if it is the same as the Ebedei road you talked about Sha.

What festivities do you guys have on those days?

The white sand is so white and pure ... You can help by fall in love with it.

As you can see in the attached map, the axis you are moving from determines the route you take. Onicha Ukwuani is the red pin pointer on the nap

If you are moving from agbor_umutu_abraka, you can pass through obiaruku - Eke onicha Ukwuani.

If you are moving from Abbi Ezionum or Amai, you pass through Ogume

If moving from Asaba or kwale, you pass iselegu junction.

About the event, it's a kind of new yam festival... Ppl from far and wide travel home to see their village folks and friends they grew up with... The 3 days night times are usually lite with jam packed streets, live music bands, drinking, merriment and of course, womanizing/manazing to dawn tongue

Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by johnpablo541(m): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2019
Ikinternational:

So people will endure a 15 hr plane ride to China n India to buy goods but will not do it for a 6hr or less car ride?
Some people n their brain self

People that live in border towns in US shop in Mexico n vice versa. Why should Nigeria n Biafra be any different

I'm not a Biafran agitator mind you. But your comment was kind of stupid. No offense

Mexicans cannot go easily to the USA to shop because they will need a visa. However what a US citizen needs a just a passport and tourist card if it is just a short stay.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by hardbody: 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:
Honestly Hausa governance has done a lot for the Igbo race...

Imagine that beautiful edifice iron bridge...

They are even getting the second brigde already

Igbo people, think and be grateful to the Hausa

Study history, No. Learn geography, error. What do you know about the niger bridge, nothing. All you know is hausa, yoruba, igbo. So pathetically racial.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Kennyswagz1(m): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
kikake:
Nigeria's Original Sin: absence of rail lines joining Onitsha to Lagos, the most profitable and most travelled route in Nigeria.
what do you want from lagos?undecided
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by pannyman(m): 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2019
Yet there's no money in the country. Buhari is killing us.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Turbomachinery: 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2019
AuntLaVIV:
Officials of WAZOBIA FM Onitsha are also on ground in Onitsha to witness the smooth traffic flow in the city as it is the gateway city to southeast and south south regions.

2 Shares

Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Ikinternational: 12:10am On Dec 22, 2019
johnpablo541:

Mexicans cannot go easily to the USA to shop because they will need a visa. However what a US citizen needs a just a passport and tourist card if it is just a short stay.

Excuse me sir, how is this relevant to my comment?
Do you think you needed to school me?
Do you think I'm commenting from my village?

I was making a point. (that most seem to have gotten) I didn't think I also needed to dissect the immigration statues to get my point across.

Europeans don't drive across borders for business abi?

Simple question; if Biafra is declared today will Nigerians stop shopping at Onitsha Main Market like the lady tried to insinuate? It's a simple yes or no
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by oweman: 5:42am On Dec 22, 2019
This is fake story its stage managed to decieve people to rush there so Nigerians can fall into the waiting hands of arm robbers to Robb you of your possession don't fall for the gimmick .

YOU ARE WARNED

DONT FALL MUGU its no more easy to Robb outside now the aim is attrack to their headquarter so you can be robbed cheaply at home .
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 22, 2019
hardbody:

Study history, No. Learn geography, error. What do you know about the niger bridge, nothing. All you know is hausa, yoruba, igbo. So pathetically racial.

Sorry old man, I never knew you were one of the engineers who built the bridge..

Or maybe you were a mere labourer, as your moniker implies
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Yujin(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2019
ProudlyAfarmer:

I would never be bothered by your insult, it's a common thing among your race

If you can abuse and insult the national father, then who am I
?
You must learn to respect Ndigbo. You're first post was an insult on us hence I replied you the way I did. Learn to show respect.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by johnpablo541(m): 6:52am On Dec 22, 2019
Ikinternational:

Excuse me sir, how is this relevant to my comment?
Do you think you needed to school me?
Do you think I'm commenting from my village?

I was making a point. (that most seem to have gotten) I didn't think I also needed to dissect the immigration statues to get my point across.

Europeans don't drive across borders for business abi?

Simple question; if Biafra is declared today will Nigerians stop shopping at Onitsha Main Market like the lady tried to insinuate? It's a simple yes or no

I was only correcting your statement "People that live in border towns in US shop in Mexico n vice versa"
that it is not true. No offense intended.
Merry Christmas.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Ikinternational: 7:39am On Dec 22, 2019
johnpablo541:

I was only correcting your statement "People that live in border towns in US shop in Mexico n vice versa"
that it is not true. No offense intended.
Merry Christmas.

Guy I've lived in the US longer than you have been alive. (most likely) Easy with the corrections.

My original statement still stands with no adjustments needed
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 22, 2019
Ernerstdavid55:
really?

you hardly get to see physical dirt's on the road like in Lagos but the gutters are messed up and there smell badly!
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by johnpablo541(m): 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2019
Ikinternational:

Guy I've lived in the US longer than you have been alive. (most likely) Easy with the corrections.

My original statement still stands with no adjustments needed

Wow so you must be "many many" years older than i am. Sorry Sir. Merry Christmas Sir.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by ogorwyne(f): 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2019
oweniwe:

The white sand is so white and pure ... You can help by fall in love with it.

As you can see in the attached map, the axis you are moving from determines the route you take. Onicha Ukwuani is the red pin pointer on the nap

If you are moving from agbor_umutu_abraka, you can pass through obiaruku - Eke onicha Ukwuani.

If you are moving from Abbi Ezionum or Amai, you pass through Ogume

If moving from Asaba or kwale, you pass iselegu junction.

About the event, it's a kind of new yam festival... Ppl from far and wide travel home to see their village folks and friends they grew up with... The 3 days night times are usually lite with jam packed streets, live music bands, drinking, merriment and of course, womanizing/manazing to dawn tongue
You know all the routes. cheesy

That should be fun o. They do something like that in Umuaja (aja day) and also in ndemili (adege day). I don't know if you know these places. Followed by football tournaments and all. Funny enough I have never really joined in any of the celebrations. Christmas period is always a delight in the village Sha. In every dark corner you are sure to see a male and female doing something grin.
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by oweniwe(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
ogorwyne:
. In every dark corner you are sure to see a male and female doing something grin.

Umuaja has sloppy topography tongue
Ukwuani is generally flat... I wonder why umuaja is different
Well, my work sometimes means i go round all primary schools in the LGA for pupils data capture so yes, i know umuaja a little.

About male-female doing something in dark corners, is a choice.
You may decide to go out and have some drinks, suya, listen to some open air music and then go home... But it's hard not to get tempted though. One would be seeing potential bedmates walking back and forth to the point that staying out without a date/lover becomes a sort of punishment. grin

To avoid that, i usually stay indoors at night and force myself to sleep but if my crazy uncle is around... lipsrsealed
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yes ✔️
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2019
Multiplier7:
My brother come Enugu and you will not see road. The point is that my South East brothers knows how to celebrate anything CELEBRATABLE.

God Bless us all this sweet season. Happy Christmas everyone one.

Calabar we are coming for the carnival. Hope you guys are ready?
Yes o!
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2019
SPIRIT OF GOD ON highways IN JESUS NAME AMEN...
Re: Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City by Sniper101(m): 10:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Multiplier7:
My brother come Enugu and you will not see road. The point is that my South East brothers knows how to celebrate anything CELEBRATABLE.

God Bless us all this sweet season. Happy Christmas everyone one.

Calabar we are coming for the carnival. Hope you guys are ready?

Bros, abeg, what's the Date for that Calabar Festival?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Eko Atlantic City Updates / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / My Journey To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.