Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,272 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

We Will Not Be Giving Guns To Drug Addicts ― Immigrations Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Not Be Giving Guns To Drug Addicts ― Immigrations Chief (274 Views)

UK Immigrations Detain Obi At London Airport, Alleged Impersonation / 58 Drug Addicts, Hoodlums Arrested During Kano Islamic Gathering / EFCC Don't Know The Difference Between Immigrations And Customs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Be Giving Guns To Drug Addicts ― Immigrations Chief by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
By Abdulmumin Murtala
The Controller General of the Nigerian Immigration Service Muhammad Babandede has declared that there is going to be a general drug test for all the officers of the Service to ascertain drug addicts among them.

The drug test, which he said will begin with him, will lead to rehabilitating those found to be positive who if they fail to comply with the drug-free policy will be dismissed from the service.

Addressing newsmen at the end of the Passing Out Parade of the 3rd Conversion Course at the Nigerian Immigration Training School in Kano on Saturday also stated that the Service will not continue to give arms to drug addicts.

“Mr President recently inaugurated a committee on drug abuse, all the twenty-eight thousand Immigration Officers are Nigerians, they are not only Nigerians but have been empowered with arms to protect our borders.

“If we don’t have a strategy to remove this menace from our officers, it will be dangerous to our country and I hope other security agencies will do the same.

“You can’t give arms to people who take drugs. The best thing you can do is to start checking the situation” he stated.

Explaining the process and nature of the blood test he explained that the first step of the drug test will not ascribe punitive measures to those found to be positive.

He said, “the first stage will not be punitive, it will be fining and I will start with it. That’s why I said the test will start with me. I will be the first person to do the test and others will follow.

“When we find you to have drug in your blood we will rehabilitate you and guide you on how to stop. We will then conduct another test and I assure you by the time we do three tests and that person is not changing, it means that person cannot work with us.

“If in the first test we find out that you have drug in your blood we will not allow you to carry weapon. This is very important in terms of national security because government buy arms for peace so we cannot use arms against our people” he declared

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/12/we-will-not-be-giving-guns-to-drug-addicts-immigrations-chief/

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Be Giving Guns To Drug Addicts ― Immigrations Chief by Brandstudio01: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
We know all our problem in this Country. How to solve them is the Problem.

Nigeria won't be suffering if all our Leaders did all they promised. We've heard alot of unfulfilled promises sir
Re: We Will Not Be Giving Guns To Drug Addicts ― Immigrations Chief by SadiqBabaSani: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nigeria police needs this more
Re: We Will Not Be Giving Guns To Drug Addicts ― Immigrations Chief by tit(f): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Change has come

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not Only Responsible For Nigeria's Debt, Says Lai Mohammed / Gov Umahi Allegedly Deprived Female Ex-lawmaker Of Her Allowances Of Over N80 Mi / PDP Biggest Obstacle To Good Governance – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.