Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja (62013 Views)

Policeman Accidently Shoots Colleague Dead On Their Way To Collect N20k Bribe / Policeman Shoots Colleague To Death Over Affair With Wife / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by ColonelEmeka: 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2019

Tragedy struck in the Dutse area of Abuja on Saturday as a police inspector, John Markus, killed his colleague and later committed suicide.

The incident which occurred very early in the morning at the Dutse Police Divisional Headquarters also left another police officer injured.

The Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Bala Ciroma, confirmed this to Channels Television via a telephone interview.

The incident occurred as Markus who was said to be on duty as a station guard fired a round of ammunition into the air.

He was reported to have been called to order by a police corporal, Mathew Akubo, but the inspector turned to his subordinate and shot him in the head.

Thereafter, a Superintendent of Police Abdullahi Ovanu came out from the office to inquire what happened but the inspector also shot him in the arm.

A few minutes after the incident, Markus shot himself through his mouth.

The remains of the inspector and the corporal have been deposited at the mortuary in Kubwa General Hospital while the superintendent of police was taken to the hospital for treatment.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/12/21/police-inspector-shoots-colleague-dead-commits-suicide-in-abuja/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by healthserve(m): 9:48pm On Dec 21, 2019
His pics should have been published nau

It has been reported that 75% of suicides is carried out by men. Men need to find talk buddy to discuss with that bottle up too much negative feelings. This is often the result of overly charged negative energy inside. God help us

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by noblealuu: 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2019
End of the year tragedy.

How are we even sure the inspector was not haunted by victims of extrajuidicial killings

NPF has penchant for officious lawlessness shocked

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by FVckmannabbQ: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
KARMA at work.

Uselessness uselessnessness NPF.

Don't quote me, I'm on a highway.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by ijewejones: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
RIP to the dead

Depression is a serious disease affecting Nigerians presently(believe it or not) & shouldn't be sidelined in Nigerian hospitals.. shouldn't be referred as village peopleshocked sad

12 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by HisMajesty1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2019
Both Nigeria Police abi? I almost didn't want to care... But then again I'm human... May their souls find peace.

11 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by UnitedNigeriaUN: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Tragedy keep striking from place to place in the country.

But I believe someday, someway we will get it right as a people,
I believe someday, someway we & our generation shall eat the good of the land.

RIP to the Dead.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by queenolofofo(f): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
frustration every
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by KanuSE: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
O
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by MOSICATED5(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Bulk of the people that make up the Nigerian police are totally insane

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Formularcr7: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Inside life!
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Otunski: 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2019
Animals in Police uniform. RIP to the dead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
It happens everywhere, extrajudicial police killings and mass shootings are rampant in the US despite huge Investments in mental health in recent times.

What do you think the mental health condition of Cops in Nigeria where there is the least care for Psychological fitness would be like?

Rest in peace to the dead.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Offpoint: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
please what's the English name for a sad news that makes you laugh and sad at the same time?

This part is a lie " Thereafter, a Superintendent of Police Abdullahi Ovanu came out from the office to inquire what happened but the inspector also shot him in the arm.

Nigerian police I know of would not heard a gunshot and came out to INQUIRE anything... there was no backdoor for escaping in the station hence Abdullahi woulda been at home in a twinkle of an eye, then put a call through to INQUIRE what that sound was.

.R.I.P to the death

32 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Homers123(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
These force/ para military personnel need regular Psychological check up.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Centcanada: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
This news just make me feel there is no love as far as you wore police uniform. Let's live reign biko

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by 1shortblackboy: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
whats wrong with all these people
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by ehissi(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hmmmmm......

Na mumu dey trust police, for all we know na the wounded Superintendent kill both officers and shot himself, dey claim victim......

Make E for pocket all the excess roger, use take buy foreign rice, after a hard days work

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by koolaid87: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
Mental illness is real

Folks, pls don't argue with anyone with a gun

2 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Centcanada: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
This news just make me feel there is no love as far as you wore police uniform. Let's love reign biko

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Mokason28: 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2019
tongue
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Brightgem(f): 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Something is terribly going wrong in the minds and lives of people, people around us, who we live with, work with...

How else can we explain an increase in suicide, which barely occurred in our part of the world. Feels like bird box is playing out in real life. Sad! This is sad!

6 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
H
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by yugoo: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Olopa and their Curses.. : :

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by OCTAVO: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Starboytwo(m): 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Or maybe he was killed, I'm just saying

1 Like

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by frankdoz: 9:57pm On Dec 21, 2019
Chai, look carefully at the name of the shooter and those shot, God of Biafra is really at work. God bless Nnamdi kanu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by caution001: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
grin They should stop collecting alms.. Though Afonja don perform their works...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Alozie1701: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Things happening in Nigeria nowadays me sef I tire o
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by crownwealth: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Everything in Nigeria becoming fully abnormal
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by ABCthingx: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Pffft. Sad tales everywhere. God keep us. sad

This is why I tell people to fear security men. Forget that the police are your friend, Any monkey can be given a gun!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robber Begs Woman For Forgiveness After Killing Her Husband In Rivers. Photos / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland / US Man Arrested For Beheading Pregnant Ex-Girlfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.