Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest (1095 Views)

Distress Sale Of Poultry Farm Worth 5million For Sale At 1.5million Naira / The Future Of Music Business – What Tiktok Has To Say / Arthur Eze Dragged To UK Court For Pulling Out Of £5million Mansion Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by IfoyinTEDO(f): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2019
Please kindly advise:

I currently have 1.5million I'm willing to start TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS, initially I would have preferred interstate mode of transport, but I believe the capital won't be enough to procure the needed vehicle.

So, I'm left with just 2 options, run a danfo/LT mode of transportation or e-hailing. Please kindly suggest, which would you advice.

I intend buying 3 fairly used LT's as opposed to buying 1 car for uber.

According to a friend who's in the LT business, he makes between 15k to 20k daily, although he drives the vehicle himself.

PS. For those who don't know what LT is, the picture is attached.

Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by addexx: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
IfoyinTEDO:
Please kindly advise:

I currently have 1.5million I'm willing to start TRANSPORTATION BUSINESS, initially I would have preferred interstate mode of transport, but I believe the capital won't be enough to procure the needed vehicle.

So, I'm left with just 2 options, run a danfo/LT mode of transportation or e-hailing. Please kindly suggest, which would you advice.

I intend buying 3 fairly used LT's as opposed to buying 1 car for uber.

According to a friend who's in the LT business, he makes between 15k to 20k daily, although he drives the vehicle himself.

PS. For those who don't know what LT is, the picture is attached.

Hey sis, if you're not going to drive these vehicles yourself, id suggest you stay away from transport business. I know this statement is clichéd but its true nevertheless. This is a huge investment that can immediately go awry if given to the wrong hands, before 2 seconds everything don burst. Right from the get go you will be dealing with lastma, sars. vio, nurtw, mopol, agbero, dishonest drivers and payment of all sorts of levies that will eat deep into ur business. My suggestions: be an investor. Register with a very good interstate transport company with proven records over the years and comprehensive insurance. Your capital will add a bus to their fleet. While you get an agreed percentage monthly. This way you are still safe if there are challenges. There are good registered business companies you can invest with and wait for your profit monthly. They do all the hardwork for you. If you need help with these reputable companies , my contact is in my siggy. All the best.
Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by IfoyinTEDO(f): 2:54pm On Dec 22, 2019
addexx:

Hey sis, if you're not going to drive these vehicles yourself, id suggest you stay away from transport business. I know this statement Its clichéd but its true nevertheless. This is a huge investment that can immediately go awry if given to the wrong hands, before 2 second everything don burst. Right from the get go you will be dealing with lastma, sars. vio, nurtw, mopol, agbero, dishonest drivers and payment of all sorts of levies that will eat deep into ur business. My suggestions: be an investor. Register with a very good interstate transport company with proven records over the years and comprehensive insurance. Your capital will add a bus to their fleet. While you get an agreed percentage monthly. This way you are still safe if their are challenges. Their are good registered business companies you can invest with and wait for your profit monthly. They do all the hardwork for you. If you need help with these reputable companies , my contact is in my siggy. All the best.
I really like your idea, I will surely contact you. I know what I passed through when I bought 4 okada's for hire purchase. One idiot even ran away with my okada back then.

At least with this option, I can sleep with my eye closed.

BTW, I'm a male
Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by healthserve(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
I knew this will happen. People Heaven bless with good ideas privately but will come publicly to announce it due to doubts and when one person says don't do it they celebrate it like God has spoken because we're quick to celebrate Ineventuality. I'll never create a thread to solicit for validations on what not to do. Never.

A word of advice to other people, Nigerians will be quick to share their negative story and tell you why your ideas won't work, but find the motivation in your inners elf to do whatever you planned to do without seeking for " prophecy"

2 Likes

Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by Digitalstarlite: 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Investing into keke na pep is beta...less fuel,less maintenance...u can put a tracker in it and find a good driver...dis done by know d guarantor and knowing little of his family or mit d head in any of dere garage for due information...

Be wise, smart
Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by humble2: 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2019
hmmmnnn….PFP MB owo…. enjoy grin grin ;
Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by delawal: 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2019
healthserve:
I knew this will happen. People Heaven bless with good ideas privately but will come publicly to announce it due to doubts and when one person says don't do it they celebrate it like God has spoken because we're quick to celebrate Ineventuality. I'll never create a thread to solicit for validations on what not to do. Never.

A word of advice to other people, Nigerians will be quick to share their negative story and tell you why your ideas won't work, but find the motivation in your inners elf to do whatever you planned to do without seeking for " prophecy"
who has a a tape here, I need to measure this guys foolishness

1 Like

Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by liprises(m): 6:15am On Dec 23, 2019
The business opportunities in this book is mind boggling and the information it contains is worth its weight in gold.

It analyzes unique business opportunities in 20 major industry in Nigeria and help one find business opportunity that fits one's passion, talents, skill sets, capacity and resources.

It covers unique business opportunities in Automobile, Real Estate, Tourism, Health, Solid Minerals, Agriculture, Entertainment, Fashion, Art & Craft, Sports, Education, Security, Processing, ICT, Oil & Gas, Finance, Essential Services, Electronics, Transportation & Logistics etc.
In addition, there is inclusive over 100 source of business capital sources and funding options.

This time calls for multiple streams of income because the truth is most families are struggling with a single source of income. This book will help you to escape this rat race often bedeviled by financial distress. If you have anything to do with business, it is the perfect book to pick up from the bookstore.

Re: Starting A 1.5million Business, What Would You Suggest by Kenni700(m): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
I travel a lot(weekly in and out of Lagos).

From my traveling experience,you can start a waybill service. Where you send goods,envelops etc to as far as Onitsha from Lagos state.
In between Lagos and Onitsha,you have Ore,Benin city and Agbor town. Then your final destination can be Onitsha.

To successfully run this,you need an automated online ticket generator which will enable you eradicate workers stealing your money.
This can fetch you up to150k to 200k weekly.

Its one of my expansions in 2020 and am willing to share my ideas on this free of charge.

08056949842 whatsapp.

(1) (Reply)

Nano Coating Machine For Android/ Iphone Screen Protector / Fiverr Service / I Need Help Receiving Payment In EURO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.