Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward (299 Views)

Shaibu: Tinubu Is Hopelessness Renewed To Move Nigeria From Frying Pan To Fire / Tinubu Has The Vision, Political Sagacity To Move Nigeria Forward – APC / Managing Resources Better Will Move Nigeria Forward - VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward by nanaman(m): 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2019
Seems our leaders are bereft of ideas to move this nation forward. They are still in the 18th century and they expect things to change. They have called us so many unwarranted names, such as lazy youths, unemployable, scammer etc. I think it is high time we tell/give them new ideas on how this nation can be a better place for us all. I would share two of the ideas I think can be helpful. I would appreciate constructive criticisms and you can as well share yours with the hope that, it would get to the right authorities either to be adapted or adopted.

ICT
The world today has involved through ICT, Nigeria is yet to benefit a great deal from this innovation. We have lots of young lads and first class graduates who are vast in ICT. To my own understanding, the anti-corruption agencies have seized lots of properties that are unused till date. Why can't they configure some of these houses to ICT hub. The head should be a first class graduate with experience and less than 40years. The government should make a directive that all primary and secondary schools, all higher institutions, all companies even at the lowest scale should have a website and personal email thoughm some might make use the free ones to reduce cost but they should have a website. With this, they would decide by themselves to have apps for easy transactions. Lots of school children would be interested in ICT. That would be catch them young preparing them for a better tomorrow. Therefore, it would be mandatory for all computer science student to have their internship in any of these schools, or hubs to gain more experience.

Funds: I realise Nigerians are ready to pay so far it is what would grow their business, so a token can be charged for get this website with a clause that it should be from an approved hub. With this, little funds can be generated. Ads would be placed on this sites where both parties can have little to gain. The hubs don't need to be funded by government. All they need is an enabling environment. The power in these hubs should be Solar and not generator however, a small generator can be given so as to use in pumping water. All these would block loose funds.

These young lads would generate income by themselves. Lots of stuffs are done on the internet aside yahoo yahoo. Lots of folks write on fiver, upwork etc while some are into trading. That environment alone is okay for them to thrive and bring new ideas that would help the country. They would build apps that other nations would buy from them. The issue of unemployment and youth restiveness would be reduced to the bearest minimum because they would get busy even to eat would be kinda difficult.

CRIME
Crime rate is rising everyday. Nations have stopped using force to curb all these vices. They are facing and tackling the root courses. We have lots of social problems in the society. Divorce, Rape, Marital Issues, Sickness of all kinds, Robbery, Kidnapping, Child Molestation, Incest, Thuggery, Unemployment, Financial problem et al. The solution is simple. Mr President should sign the social work bill. Employ social workers with certificates to every parastatal/agency and make it compulsory for private firms to do such. People need someone to confide their problems with someone and who can be of assistance. Check so many developed countries, they do not joke with social workers. They know people love them and trust them to bring government closer to them at all levels.

FUNDS: Social Workers can be volunteers, some might come for internship and others would be employed by the government. Also, international organisations trust them so much. They believe they are closer to the people because that is what works in their clime. CSDP projects of World Bank is being handled by social workers. There is this UNICEF malaria programme in some states, it is also being handled by social workers. In no distant time, people would see the need to pay a token for some issues such as court cases , adoption, provision of jobs etc. Rome they say was not built in a day. The government can map out some states to try all these and to me, I believe it would work because I have been to the field before, I know what the communities say about social workers and how medical practitioners appreciate them.

That is my own idea to the government of the day. I would appreciate if you add yours for a better Nigeria
Re: Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward by davis51(m): 5:46pm On Dec 22, 2019
Nigeria go better oneday
Re: Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 22, 2019
angry

You think our politicians don't know all these?
They want d country to remain d way it is or even worse so that they will continue enriching only themselves.
Remember what Macavielli said "Those who benefit from old Order won't allow new order to take place"

Our own Chinua Achebe wrote more than these in his book "The troubles with Nigeria" in 80s yet our politicians ignored him

1 Like

Re: Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward by Blue3k(m): 8:01pm On Dec 22, 2019
Start with south simple get legislature out of contracting process for constituency projects. The conflict of interest there is why theres zo much waste and corruption in those areas. The executive should execute those projects just like any normal project.
Re: Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward by tck2000(m): 8:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
Please Lalasticlala Move to front page!
Re: Ideas To Move Nigeria Forward by power50: 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2019
Our leaders already know all they can do to move the country forward just that they are not ready to them.

Get more customers and clients. List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Neutralises More Boko Haram, ISWAP Terrorists / Senator Spends New Year Day Eating With Prisoners / Ondo Indian Hemp Business, Gov't Fully Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.