Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,829,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Minister Narrates ‘bitter’ Experience At Lagos-ibadan Highway Gridlock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Narrates ‘bitter’ Experience At Lagos-ibadan Highway Gridlock (546 Views)

Lagos To Tackle Lekki-epe Highway Gridlock With Technology / Lagos To Tackle Lekki-Epe Highway Gridlock With Technology / Former Minister Narrates How IMF Borrowed Money From Nigeria In 1974 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister Narrates ‘bitter’ Experience At Lagos-ibadan Highway Gridlock by solaugo1: 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2019

The Minister of State, Health, Olorunnimbe Mamora, on Saturday narrated his experience during a gridlock on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, where he reportedly spent five hours for a journey of one hour to Abeokuta, his destination.

Mr Mamora was billed to deliver a lecture at the 35th Anniversary Celebration organized by the 1979/84 sets of the Baptist Boys High School (BBHS), Abeokuta, but he arrived late due to the gridlock.

The ex-Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly could not hide his bitter experience on the road.

He narrated his ordeal to the guests on arrival, lamenting ”that even my pilot car could not pilot me through the ordeal ”.

”I want to apologise for my lateness. I left Lagos early enough. I ended up spending five hours for a journey of one hour. We got ‘hooked up’ from Magodo.

The journey that should have taken us one hour, took us five hours. That is unpalatable state of our roads, even my pilot car could not pilot me through the ordeal,’’ Mr Mamora said.

The organisers, who had waited endlessly for the guest lecturer, decided to kick off the programme, in view of the presence of a former president, Olusegun Obasanjo, who is also an old student of the school.

The minister later arrived the venue after Mr Obasanjo had given his speech and left.
He (Mr Mamora) then moved straight to the podium to deliver his lecture with the theme, ‘Teacher Education and National Development’.

Meanwhile, the highlight of the event included: legacy award for Mr Obasanjo and Distinguished Eminent Old Boys Award for Kayode Oyesiku, a professor among others, as well as fund raising and cutting of the anniversary cake

https://news.assure.ng/minister-narrates-bitter-experience-at-lagos-ibadan-highway-gridlock/
Re: Minister Narrates ‘bitter’ Experience At Lagos-ibadan Highway Gridlock by sw: 10:39pm On Dec 22, 2019
He spent 5 hours and lamenting, robbers has not attacked him in the traffic. That's just 1% of the suffering the common man faced everyday. I have been attacked by robbers on 3 occasions on longbridge inside traffic in the past one year. Only 5 hours traffic he dey lament. Oga pack one side jor
Re: Minister Narrates ‘bitter’ Experience At Lagos-ibadan Highway Gridlock by chigoziri2403(m): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Is there no flight? Just 5 hours you are ranting
See what the masses go thru daily
Re: Minister Narrates ‘bitter’ Experience At Lagos-ibadan Highway Gridlock by beresponsible(m): 10:45pm On Dec 22, 2019
Only 5 hours in traffic. National crisis

(1) (Reply)

First Words From Sowore After DSS Release (VIDEO) / BREAKING: Police Arrest Mastermind Of First Bank Abuja Robbery / US Killing Of Top Iranian Commander In An American Airstrike Risks “dangerous Es

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.