Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,721 members, 7,824,049 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup (16446 Views)

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 / Spain Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women's World Cup - 2 - 1 (Full Time) / China Vs Nigeria: U-20 Women's World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by odun360(m): 6:56am On Dec 23, 2019
Nigeria have lost their bid to become the first African country to host a global women’s tournament after FIFA chose Costa Rica and Panama as joint hosts for next year’s Under-20 World Cup.

A Fifa inspection team visited proposed facilities in the West African country last year amidst strong criticism from a section of the country’s socio-political commentators and analysts.

Despite the criticism, the project received strong backing from the Nigerian government.

Nigeria’s bid would have seen games staged in Lagos, Benin City, Asaba and Uyo, but the world football governing body said it has opted for the first jointly hosted tournament in Costa Rica and Panama after an inspection visit to both Concacaf nations as well as further discussions with the two relevant member associations.

“We would like to thank the Costa Rican and Panamanian football associations for their commitment towards women’s football and the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in particular. We are looking forward to a fantastic competition in August,” Fifa’s Chief Tournaments and Events Officer Colin Smith announced.

“After the highly successful FIFA Women’s World Cup in France this year, it is important that we build on the momentum at all levels of the game. The U20WWC in Costa Rica and Panama next year is a perfect opportunity for us to continue driving the popularity of the game and with it being the first jointly hosted tournament – we can make the impact even greater,” Sarai Bareman, Fifa’s Chief Women’s Football Officer added.

The decision is a further blow to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president, Amaju Pinnick, who initially saw the country’s bid to stage the event as a great opportunity to ‘impact on humanity and win it on home ground’.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-loses-bid-to-host-u-20-womens-world-cup/amp/

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nackzy: 7:00am On Dec 23, 2019
A country that is in chaos, An insecure country with corrupt people flooding the street

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Astark: 7:10am On Dec 23, 2019
Boko haram
No electricity
No roads
No health care
No schools

Everything in shambles

Mumu country

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Ashawopapa001: 8:04am On Dec 23, 2019
I was already setting up a tour company in Uyo in anticipation of the tournament.
Our past generation have failed us cry
They could've hold the government accountable, Nigerians are so nonchalant politically embarassed

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by superior1: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2019
The Nigeria wey no fit host itself?

Abeg, make the women siddon for their houses

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 23, 2019
develop your country well before you can host sports like this, how you expect to win; well that was no even matter for now

my people are thinking of how this Xmas jolly go be;

all Will be okay, do well to inbox to win big and celebrate Christmas with joy

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by infogenius(m): 10:38am On Dec 23, 2019
odun360:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-loses-bid-to-host-u-20-womens-world-cup/amp/

I am not surprised.
God is not in support of that bid as they want to bring the World to 9ja to suffer.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Dpharisee: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2019
From all of us at [b][/b] and other useless irritants on Nairaland that supports Buhari open nepotism, persecution of Christians & Shiite Muslims we congratulate FIFA for this decision, the event can cause riots in the North, if the ladies play without Hijab at Sokoto or Zamfara stadiums as advocated by our illegally appointed Shari'a CJN grin

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2019
No worry Africa giant Will rise again

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Palmerbarry: 10:38am On Dec 23, 2019
Not surprised at all cos we lack good facilities here in Nigeria. How can we manage 4 stadiums for the whole tournament. Our security system is something else too. Next time maybe a merger would work.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Bossontop(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
I for shock if we win d bid

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by LZAA: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Well me sha warned ppl on sports thread earlier about this hosting bid
The world has moved on from these rustic stadia built by politicians to score cheap political points

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Sorry, try another time,
Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Observinho: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Nigeria ke?
Abegi make FIFA go find better countries wey dey serious.
Mtcheew.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Gadafii: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
naija never even fit host inter schools sports, na WWC she wan host, abeg make naija fit ijoko take sidan embarassed

our stadiums are in bad shapes, road networks are bad, no light, I doubt if NTA even have the capacity to air live matches without their engineers running 'heleta seketa' to fix one equipment or the other grin

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Chai embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Bustincole(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
I tink is because we dont have the facilities to host

but i believe we can do so by 2031

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by dermmy(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Feojir:
No worry Africa giant Will rise again

I said amen to this in the year 2000 well let me say Amen again.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by sinola(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Thank God... It will save us enough stress and energy. We are not just ripe for it now

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by meKdollz(m): 10:39am On Dec 23, 2019
Oops
Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by psychologist(m): 10:40am On Dec 23, 2019
We keep misplacing our priority

What business do we have in hosting or even participating in any FIFA competition

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by FVckmannabbQ: 10:40am On Dec 23, 2019
Everything is wrong with Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Kulverstukas(m): 10:40am On Dec 23, 2019
Lol. No big deal. Credits to FIFA. How do you host others when you've not hosted yourself yet? We, Nigerians understand FIFA's position so no need for further explanations.

Tankew and Don't mention cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Roon9(m): 10:40am On Dec 23, 2019
Lol! Seriously

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily
Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2019
before nko,which Stadiums we get to host am?

we have only uyo, Asaba, Ph..

please am not talking of artificial pitch.

and nobody should come and mention Abuja, because if Abuja stadium was intact, we wouldn't have lost the right..

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 23, 2019
Thank God.

Fix Nigeria before thinking of hosting any stupid game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 10:41am On Dec 23, 2019
Anybody in Abuja following this human right radio program BREKETE
If you hear money wey NFF, pinnick, minister and others de steal chaiiiiii in dollars

They no fit repair Nigeria again corruption tooooooooooooo much

EFE big brother called today I'm sure he wan come beg on behalf of pinnivk or him self get case

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2019
Okay.

I don't think it is bad.

From what I'm seeing, Nigeria can host nothing of international repute except Mass killing and Mass Burial.

How many standard stadiums do we have in the North (the seat of power)?

We keep deceiving ourselves in this country.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Firstandonly(m): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2019
who did this to us

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Louisananda7(m): 10:42am On Dec 23, 2019
Lol, mumu country dey still wan host. Una don chop.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Loses Bid To Host U-20 Women’s World Cup by Observinho: 10:42am On Dec 23, 2019
Nigeria’s bid would have seen games staged in Lagos, Benin City, Asaba and Uyo, but the world football governing body said it has opted for the first jointly hosted tournament in Costa Rica and Panama after an inspection visit to both Concacaf nations as well as further discussions with the two relevant member associations.
I thought it would have been Daura, Kaduna, Kano, and maybe Borno.....now they remember South....useless government.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Reach Verbal Agreement To Sign Joao Felix From Atletico Madrid / Ronaldo: Messi Rivalry Changed Football History But Is Gone / Full Transcript Of Tb Joshua Prediction Of Nigeria - Guinea Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.