Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. (3457 Views)

The Nokia Thread: 1.4 , 4.2, 5.1 Plus, 5.3, 6.1 Plus, 7.1, 7.2, 7 Plus , 8.3 etc / HMD Global Has Launched The Nokia 6.1 Plus And Nokia 5.1 Plus With Notch Display / 400GB Microsd Card That Costs N91,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by bmdmixer: 7:47am On Dec 23, 2019
Nokia unveiled the Nseries in 2005 with three devices – the N70, N90 and the star of today’s article, the Nokia N91.

The announcement came in early 2005, but DRM issues pushed the release back to 2006. Still, this was a hotly-anticipated phone, winning the “Most Innovative” award from the Mobile News Awards.

It was worth the wait too, the N91 was widely considered to have the best audio quality of any phone.

It sported a 3.5mm headphone jack, making it compatible with the best headphones on the market. Nokia recommended several Sennheiser, JBL, Harman Kardon and Bose headsets in its press release.

The Finns positioned this as a challenger to Apple’s iPod. Music controls were built into the front of the phone, sliding away to reveal the standard keypad. Also, there was wide support for audio formats, an 8-band equalizer, stereo widening and other features.

You could transfer music files to the Nokia N91 from your PC using a USB 2.0 cable. You could source music from burgeoning online stores like Yahoo! Music too. Nokia also made a Podcasting app, which allowed you to download podcasts directly on the phone.....

more on the article here
http://www.soundlala.com/news.php?id=1294

ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Soulsymbol99: 9:46am On Dec 23, 2019
Yea,xpressmusic cool indomie generation will nt understand grin Sony phones had good sound as well

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by peeps4u: 10:24am On Dec 23, 2019
Soulsymbol99:
Yea,xpressmusic cool indomie generation will nt understand grin Sony phones had good sound as well

Xpressmusic and sony ericsson phones were good for music those years.

7 Likes

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by meobizy(f): 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2019
Kai, old things pass away. Phone technology has come a long way since then. My 2008 phone feels like a still-useable dinosaur compared to its modern peers. I’m a use-it-till-you-can’t-anymore guy, as such I have old tech sharing my desk-space with modern ones.
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2019
Soulsymbol99:
peeps4u:

Legends ❤️
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by ddjay: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2019
Soulsymbol99:
Oh my
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Kyase(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
peeps4u:

Motorola razor was the best when it comes to sound then

1 Like

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by bmdmixer: 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
Kyase:

Motorola razor was the best when it comes to sound then
nahhh nokia was, Motorola razor was known for it slim design

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Kyase(m): 6:44pm On Dec 23, 2019
bmdmixer:
nahhh nokia was, Motorola razor was known for it slim design
Yeah that was what attracts attention to it, but what people seems to neglect was the sound too...
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by bmdmixer: 7:26pm On Dec 23, 2019
Kyase:

Yeah that was what attracts attention to it, but what people seems to neglect was the sound too...
didn't like motorola den still dont now
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by DIKEnaWAR: 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
Sony Ericsson was better in sound sha. I had it and knew the attention it commanded.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Naijaarchive(m): 7:56pm On Dec 23, 2019
XpressMusic was dope.. The Symbian version o... The Java was a virus nest grin i missed The old times Nokia sha

1 Like

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Kyase(m): 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
bmdmixer:
didn't like motorola den still dont now
Had problem with the space allocation, just 27mb oo
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Lonelypacifist6: 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2019
Xpress music was the flattest phone of it's time, that phone endeared me to lil Wayne's music with make it rain the sound was Good.
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Timileyin1234(m): 9:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
Xpressmusic and Sony
But this moderf*cker right here nearly killed me

Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by bmdmixer: 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Kyase:

Had problem with the space allocation, just 27mb oo
lol too low
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Kyase(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2019
bmdmixer:
lol too low
I'm telling you, you will be managing songs and it doesn't support SD card.
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 24, 2019
I used my then motorola razor to browse for free using opera beta cheats.
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by masterfactor(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2019
Timileyin1234:
Xpressmusic and Sony But this moderf*cker right here nearly killed me
Sagem gringringrin
Re: Flashback: The Nokia N91 Was Legendary For Its Audio Quality. by bmdmixer: 7:26am On Jan 09, 2020
masterfactor:

Sagem gringringrin
sheyyy dem b dey tryy oo

(1) (Reply)

High Cost Of Data, How Do You Guys Cope? / Airtel And Glo Lying About Their Data Plans / Fix That White Screen Problem On Your Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.