Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor (246 Views)

Ondo Election: Akeredolu And His Wife Cast Their Votes / Governor Akeredolu And His Wife, Betty, On Instagram Live Video Session / Governor Akeredolu And Ayodele Adigun In 1976 Vs 2020 (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor by EcoBrick: 7:52am On Dec 23, 2019
https://thenationonlineng.net/rift-between-akeredolu-and-i-normal-says-deputy-governor/

•Don’t trust Ajayi anymore, group warns governor

December 23, 2019

Damisi Ojo, Akure

Ondo State Deputy Governor Agboola Ajayi has declared the ‘rift’ between him and Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu as a normal occurrence in politics.

He denied any conflict with his boss over the 2020 governorship election.

Ajayi spoke at the weekend while addressing the people of Apoi in Ese-odo Local Government Area of the state,.

Also yesterday, a socio-political group in the state, Patriotic Builders (PB) warned Akeredolu to be wary of Ajayi’s utterances.

Ajajyi blamed political jobbers seeking patronage from the government for escalating the disagreement between him and his boss.

Things are no longer rosy between Ajayi and his boss over the re-election bid of the governor.

Besides, Ajayi is beleived to be hobnobbing with other parties in order to contest the governorship election.

But Ajayi, who spoke at the “Praise Night” organised by the Apoi people, said they should not worry about the “rumour” that he was fighting the governor.

He alleged that those seeking to cause crisis in the state executive council in order to reap political benefits ahead of next year’s governorship election were behind the rumour.

Ajayi said: “You must have been hearing one or two comments here and there about a conflict between me and the governor. Don’t worry yourself. It is a normal thing in politics.

“The governor and myself are doing very well. We are brothers and we are working together for the progress of Ondo State.”

Ajayi also conveyed the governor’s greetings to the people and wished them merry Christmas, adding that they should be mindful of job-seekers whose stock-in-trade was cheap blackmail and political propaganda.

The deputy governor admonished the people to pray for the governor who is their kinsman, “since his mother is from this kingdom.”

READ ALSO: Akeredolu and challenges of reconciliation in Ondo APC
The Kalasuwe of Apoiland, Prof Sunday Amuseghan, said the Praise Night was to appreciate God for His protection over the kingdom.

But the Patriotic Builders (PB), in a statement by its State Coordinator, Badmus Anifowose, said the governor should not be deceived by the public display of loyalty by Ajayi.

PB described Ajayi as a political chameleon, “who will go about during the day pledging loyalty to Akeredolu and in the night damaging the political reputation of his boss.

The group alleged in its statement: “Since the inception of this administration in Ondo State, Ajayi has been plotting to oust his boss from office. Apart from oiling his structure in his former political party, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Ajayi has also successfully built a structure in APC through some former exco members that were sacked by Akeredolu.

Mynd44

Re: Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor by popsy2(m): 8:01am On Dec 23, 2019
Abnormal is the new normal. Okay o.
Re: Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor by ghettokid1(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2019
AUDIO normal
Re: Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor by ghettokid1(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2019
popsy2:
Abnormal is the new normal. Okay o.
Na their way
Re: Rift Between Akeredolu And I Normal, Says Deputy Governor by CapitalHYC(m): 8:26am On Dec 23, 2019
But Ajayi is unpopular in Ondo politics he is only wasting his time

(1) (Reply)

Monica Berates Ebonyi APC For Castigating Umahi's Construction Of Ecumenical Cen / Exclusion From Delta Traditional Rulers Awards For Good Governance: The Real Rea / Imo State Governor Chief Emeka Ihedioha CON KSC Taking Imo To A Greater Height.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.