Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Freelance Content Writing; Time Management And Productivity - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Freelance Content Writing; Time Management And Productivity (599 Views)

Freelance Content Writers Needed: Good Pay / Best Time Management Tools For Windows 10 / Freelance Content Writer Wanted For Ongoing SEO Blog Post Writing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Content Writing; Time Management And Productivity by positiveequator(m): 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
For freelancers, the nature of content writing makes the career more corporate than casual. The reality seems farther from the fantasy of working and earning from home. This is because freelancing requires skill, perseverance, discipline, hard work and an investment of time and money.
The real-life scenario of working from home is different from the fantasy, especially when you have so many contents to develop, but so little time to create them.

The fairytale eases away at this point, and this is where you see many writers struggling.

Well, freelancing can be fun if done right.

What if I said you could be a superman? You can actually stop time.

Eeem, not really. Be real; nobody stops time.

As you may have heard, the crux of freelance content writing, just like other freelance endevors, is time management - how to manage time productively.

You’ll agree that as a freelancer, you feel ever busy. Right?

It’s a norm amongst freelancers no matter what services you offer.

It’s also crucial to point out that some people are super busy but less productive; something my mum calls ‘busy doing nothing’.

Does this sound like you?

Have you been here?

Let he who’s without guilt cast the first stone.

So how can we avoid being busy doing nothing?

This is what I think;

Set Goals and Prioritize Task
Each minute of the day should be assigned to a task and with a target goal. This goal setting motivates you to keep your head straight, working towards achieving the priority tasks. Waste no time, time waits for no man.
Don’t be singing, “This life, I can’t kill myself.” You’ve got bills to pay.

Don’t wait for the perfect time to start
There is no right time; every time is the right time. Don’t procrastinate starting your project. Don’t wait until you’re ‘so inspired’. Write as it comes; as the spirit leads (definitely not the alcoholic spirit). With consistency and excellent editing skills, everything will fall into place.

Don’t Procrastinate
If you’re guilty of this, come to the left and stand with me.
Start projects on time; don’t wait for deadlines. Utilize every minute, and you’ll have more time to rest and flex. Yeah! I like flexing; I don’t know about you. A quiet walk on the cool Elegushi beach is flexing enough for me.

Leverage Relevant Apps and Platforms
You can use some platforms and apps to make writing easier and less stressful for you. Some of these platforms and Apps include Buzzsumo, Google Keyword Planner, Grammarly, Keyword Everywhere, etc. There are lots at your disposal.

Finally, calm your nerves.
The anxiety of not meeting up with deadlines kills time and reduces productivity. Learn to be calm, relaxed and focused, and the creative juices will flow.

Though I may not be above these content writing challenges, these are some of the tricks that help me do better than I would have.

What do you think?

Do you have tricks and strategies you adopt to manage time and be more productive?

Kindly share.

#Staypositive and have a pleasant time!

Positive Equator of www.positiveequator.com

(1) (Reply)

Mconnect Shipping Rules For Magento 2 / Build A Website For A New College / Own A Nigerian Business Paypal Today And Learn Mini Importation From Ebay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.