Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike (521 Views)

If Peter Obi will have been Better, Nigerians would Have Voted for Him - Wike / 2023: Atiku Rejected Jonathan's Plea In 2015, Refused To Support Him - Wike / Video Of People Paid To Attend A Rally Was Not APC But A LP Bus (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike by Naijanewsgist00: 5:02am On Dec 24, 2019
Dickson concluded plans to join APC but Sylva blocked him – Wike

Governor Nyesom Wike who has been enmeshed in a heated exchange with Governor Seriake Dickson, has accused the outgoing Bayelsa State Governor of concluding plans of joining the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Speaking at a press conference in Port Harcourt on Monday December 23, Wike alleged that Dickson had plans of joining the APC to avoid getting prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission after leaving office.

latest news

The Rivers State Governor further disclosed that Dickson’s plan was crashed by the minister of state for petroleum Timipre Sylva.

He said;

“Dickson concluded plans to join the APC. Timipre Sylva and Heineken Lokpobiri blocked him. He knew I have strength, he would have consulted me.

“Dickson colluded with these people so that EFCC will not arrest him when he leaves Government. If you like, carry any level of propaganda, I will protect the interest of Rivers State.”

Governor Wike also claimed that his Bayelsa State counterpart plotted to hijack Soku oil wells which the supreme court recently ceded to Bayelsa.

“In 2002, the NBC altered the boundary in the 11th Edition of the Administrative Map of Nigeria. They made a mistake by shifting the boundary from River Santa Barbara to River St Batholomew. At the Supreme Court, the NBC wrote a letter a admitting their error.

“The Supreme Court made an order for the NBC to correct the error of the 11th Edition in the 12th Edition.”

“We had to sue the NBC to enforce the order of the Supreme Court where they were directed to ensure that the Boundary between Rivers and Bayelsa State is River Santa Barbara.

“How can Dickson invade Rivers State when he cannot defend Bayelsa State?”

Also reacting to Dickson’s allegation of deliberately instigating disunity in Ijaw land, the Rivers State Governor said;

“The outgoing Bayelsa State Governor is the one trying to cause disharmony by attempting to collect what belongs to the Ijaw in Rivers State.

“How can Dickson invade Rivers State when he cannot defend Bayelsa State? The person talking about invading Rivers State in January 2020 lacks respect for Protocol. If he was well schooled, would he use that phrase that he wants to invade Rivers State?

“You have no respect. A Traditional Ruler who is a First-Class ruler, recognised by Government and you say you are coming to a state as a Governor to see Rivers Ijaw people without observing basic protocol. Protocol demands you call your colleague that you are coming to the State. Even then, the Traditional Ruler failed to communicate with the State Government.

“And I said, if you do this next time, I will withdraw the Recognition. I didn’t say I will dethrone him. I don’t make Chiefs. But I have the power to recognise or take back recognition if you run foul of the law. I have no regrets about it.vAnyone who runs foul of the law, I will withdraw the Recognition and heaven will not fall. I never said that I will dethrone the Amanyanabo of Kalabari.

“I said that I will withdraw the Recognition by the Rivers State Government if he continues to disrespect the office of the Governor and not play according to the rules.”

See MORE>>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/politics/dickson-apc-sylva-wike/
Re: Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike by Ifiegboria(m): 5:22am On Dec 24, 2019
Politicians
Re: Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike by dukeprince50: 5:30am On Dec 24, 2019
Lies, he is just a liar, its clear that whether APC or PDP, It is hot for everyone especially when you didn't do anything for your state and looted everything.
That is why Amaechi will never be persecuted, he worked very well as a gov and made sure development reached every LGA in rivers and is better than Wike in projects, Wike is working but he plays politics with development. Even as a minister, he has out performed every other minister since 1999.

Whether Dickson joins or not, EFCC will come for him, his only option is to fly out.

As for Dickson, he don try, he was a governor for 8 solid years, na now his love for Ijaw people grow. If he wants to show love to Ijaw people, he should show love to Bayelsa Ijaw but its too late, he should keep his useless fingers out of Kalabari.
Re: Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:31am On Dec 24, 2019
grin
Re: Dickson Concluded Plans To Join APC But Sylva Blocked Him – Wike by Mynd44: 6:04am On Dec 24, 2019

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

Buhari overrules Power Minister again, re-instates Amobi as NBET MD / Governor Godwin Obaseki Is Working / President Buhari And Vice President Osinbajo At The Appreciation Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.