Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges (348 Views)

Kogi: Gov Ododo misused his immunity to protect Yahaya Bello - Oshiomhole / I Will Waive My Immunity To Be Investigated - Osinbajo / The United States Denies Having Any Corruption Case Against Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2019
The governor, who spoke at the Executive Council Chambers of the Governor’s Office, said that the law has no political colourations, as according to him, corruption and underdevelopment have no political leanings.

“This is not a law meant to witch-hunt anyone. It is not about politics or political interests. It is not about APC or PDP but about Oyo State. We know for a fact that if we tackle corruption, we will have enough resources to take care of our people and that is exactly what this law is meant to achieve for us,” he said.

The governor reiterated his readiness to waive his immunity and face any corrupt charges against him, if he commits any infractions to the law.

He added: “So, we believe we have to tackle corruption. I said it during my inaugural address as the Executive Governor of Oyo State that I will be ready to waive my immunity to face any corruption charges against my person and I still maintain that position.”

The governor enjoined every citizen of the State to alert the Government of any unscrupulous activities, adding; “If you see something, say something.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-will-fight-corruption-says-makinde-2/amp/
Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by Southsoul: 8:00am On Dec 24, 2019
Politicians with big mouth
Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by AtikuNetwork: 8:03am On Dec 24, 2019
Makinde, I like you but please you are beginning to sound like the failure Buhari with all this 'fighting corruption' talk. Buhari has been fighting corruption since he took power and Nigeria has been worse off ever since. No need for more media propaganda about corruption like Buhari has scammed us with. Nigerians need progress, we have heard enough about fighting corruption, na God I take beg you. Focus on how to bring progress to Oyo, you can fight corruption in the background, please and thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by WisdomFlakes: 8:43am On Dec 24, 2019
Going by his uninspiring and populist utterances lately, I am beginning to think Governor Seyi might be a fluke and an 'empty suit' after all. You hardly hear him make cerebral statements about how he intends to develop human capacity in Oyo, or any innovative ideas on his intentions to industrialize and upgrade the cities within the state to modern standards to boost the state's GDP. No serious policy statement so far from him on the role technology would play in his policy thrust. In the midst of all the hype, I am still itching to hear him say anything to suggest that his reign would be any different from Ladoja's (whose only noteworthy legacy was prompt payment of salaries).

Oyo needs a visionary who is willing to adopt innovative approaches to tackling its enormous challenges (and harping about 'fighting corruption' isn't one of them). I think he's getting carried away with all the adulation he is currently receiving while losing sight of the enormity of the responsibility placed on his shoulders.

He's way too too exposed to be sounding more and more like a glorified Fayose (who saw and treated Ekiti people as perpetually downtrodden folks whom are content with mediocrity and deserving of no more than mere handouts).

Seyi, please step up your game. You can do way better.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by mumumugu(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2019
let court case come now,they will shout immunity

1 Like

Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by RoyalUc(m): 9:59am On Dec 24, 2019
WisdomFlakes:
Going by his uninspiring and populist utterances lately, I am beginning to think Governor Seyi might be a fluke and an 'empty suit' after all. You hardly hear him make cerebral statements about how he intends to develop human capacity in Oyo, or any innovative ideas on his intentions to industrialize and upgrade the cities within the state to modern standards to boost the state's GDP. No serious policy statement so far from him on the role technology would play in his policy thrust. In the midst of all the hype, I am still itching to hear him say anything to suggest that his reign would be any different from Ladoja's (whose only noteworthy legacy was prompt payment of salaries).

Oyo needs a visionary who is willing to adopt innovative approaches to tackling its enormous challenges (and harping about 'fighting corruption' isn't one of them). I think he's getting carried away with all the adulation he is currently receiving while losing sight of the enormity of the responsibility placed on his shoulders.

He's way too too exposed to be sounding more and more like a glorified Fayose (who saw and treated Ekiti people as perpetually downtrodden folks whom are content with mediocrity and deserving of no more than mere handouts).

grin
Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by helinues: 10:09am On Dec 24, 2019
Easy.....
Re: Makinde:::Ready To Waive Immunity To Face Any Corruption Charges by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
WisdomFlakes:

He is doing this already

And again..this are not things you get to hear everyday

(1) (Reply)

Nothing Works In Nigeria / The North Need Western Education / Understanding Kwara’s New Governance Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.