Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,272 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas (106657 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos / 11 Reasons Why I Don't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Mcuzy(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2019
Muyiwaipere:
Well more points on Jehovah's witness..we don't celebrate because
1.There's no biblical backing stating Jesus was born on Dec 25
2.Jesus never in anywhere said we should celebrate his birthday nor did he celebrate it himself
3.Go and check Wikipedia this Christmas celebration it's no biblical it's from there pagan origin

If you don't believe this... Argue with your phone
Do u know u are of pagan origin ? Go to wikipedia.com and Google Africa . That means Christ won't accept u . If u don't believe This argue with ur phone
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by xreal: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
but you can celebrate world naked day?

Go ahead please.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2019
chinae:
Christmas" Is Not In The Bible
He has just decorated his sitting room with Christmas tree and Christmas light. His wife just returned from the market with two life chickens and some food items as she tries to offload them from the car. Somewhere inside the house, you could hear noise, the children are testing their new shoes and the dress daddy bought recently. Something of joy surrounds the house.
Then, from nowhere a tall slim man came into the house. His shoes appear to be crying of overuse. He is putting on a pair of old trousers with a shirt tucked into it in a way that brought out his flat stomach. He is carrying a hand bag and by his side is a lady who is both dark and fair at the same time depending on how you look at her.
"Do you know that Christmas is not in the bible and all what you call Christmas is a pagan thing?" the slim man said. He was telling the man in the house alongside his wife who just returned from the market.
"There is nothing like Christmas tree or Christmas light. Even 25th December is not the date Jesus was born." He continued.
"If God had intended that Christians should celebrate the birthday of Jesus, it would have been clearly stated in scriptures. All these wrong teachings came from C**. They are misleading you." He concluded.
The owner of the house looked at the slim man and the lady standing close to him and said "If C** can so mislead me and my family to be happy and excited this period, I am delighted to be misled. And if Christ is angry that I am celebrating the fact that he who is God could come into this world and take flesh to be like me, to show me that he is with me, regardless of whichever date I am celebrating it, then that christ must be a sadist and not the one I know. The word "Christmas" is not in the Bible, but the birth of Christ is in the Bible, what is the meaning of Christmas then? And since you don't have any other work you are doing apart from going house to house telling people not to celebrate Christmas, can you please help me let's go and kill the chicken my wife bought? At least, I am sure the bible said we should help one another. Abi
Merry Christmas to You all!
God bless you for makin me laugh hard this beautiful christmas morning. The last part made me laugh most. Yes the bible said we should help one another my brother . Hahahahahahahahahahahah

3 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by MichaelPoem002(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2019
That doesn't stop the inflow of chickens and wine to dine.

merry Christmas y'all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 8:07am On Dec 25, 2019
spiralwedge:

Do you celebrate New year?

We don't rather we hold prayers commiting the new year into God's hands and commanding the new year to favour us.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Seetto: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
When it is obvious Christianity itself is a scam...

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mu2sa2: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
GogobiriLalas:
The Orthodox Aethiopic Church does not celebrate Dec. 25th
Wow! Churches, denominations and sects everywhere. And all are Christians!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by edoairways: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
Many Christians claim to celebrate the birth of Christ yet they indulge in these;
1. The use of father Christmas
2. Shooting fireworks or knock out
Would you use these on your birthday?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
When mentioning churches, please don't mislead people with occult organisations, you devil!
Jehovah's Witness, Church of Christ, GKS, Seventh Day Adventist, Quaker are all occult groups disguising as churches. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by davidtemi(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
helinues:
Best Church to enjoy Christmas Carol in Nigeria

Apostolic Faith
if u come to my redeemed church carol, damn! Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by skentelelady(f): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2019
[quote author=MrCaesar post=85199261]Mountain of fire celebrate Christmas [/q

We don't
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by ransomed: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2019
WalkerMichael:
THE THREE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRISTMAS:

1. If you can't afford NEW CLOTHES, wear the ones you already have. It's JESUS' birthday and not yours. You mustn't 'out dress' the celebrant.

2. If you can't afford the kind of FOOD you want, eat what you have and move on. If you don't tell people what you ate, no one knows. 'belle no get show glass'.

3. If you don't have the means to TRAVEL, stay where you are. JESUS wasn't born in your village afterall. And your village isn't the appointed place for His birthday celebration either. Any villager who is desperately bent on seeing you, should come look for you where you are.

Of all the things he said, "Do in remembrance of me", CHRISTMAS wasn't one of them.

Take life easy and don't stress yourself.

Just my advice
©©©©© 1million share and like.
You made my day.

3 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by futuregeneratio: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2019
muzeze77:
It is the birthday of zeus a roman god who was sent to save the world. Jesus was not born on Christmas day. he was not born in the winter. Someone could have picked another day to honor him as his real birthday is not known instead they took a day to honor a Pagan. Do the math

Nobody is honouring any pagan. We are celebrating d birth of Christ. U want to tell me if u where born on the 25th of December you will not celebrate your birthday, and if u do that means you are celebrating the pagan gods?. All the days are created by God and we can choose any day to celebrate.

3 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2019
fredoooooo:
Their wahala ....abeg make neighbours start to dey bring these rice and chicken .. grin
Hahahahaha. You no go start dy bring ur own too ?
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by joyandfaith: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.

Sunday is just public holiday which makes it easier for workers to worship God.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by boxer022(m): 8:10am On Dec 25, 2019
Sunnycliff:

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.
I know of this but which day did Christ die on the cross to resurrect on Sunday
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Oricha62(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2019
GRADUALLY THE TRUTH IS COMING AND THE FALSEHOOD IS VANISHING
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2019
spiralwedge:

You are right. But do you know the origin of SUNDAY?

Just like CHRISTMAS, you know the origin and won't celebrate on DECEMBER 25th. Would you do the same when you know the origin of SUNDAY?

SUNDAY is even worse because it retains it's pagan name. Christmas at least doesn't and it points to Christ. SUNDAY doesn't

Mark 16:9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Jesus rose on the first day.
The apostles gathered in fellowship on the first day and Jesus declared peace unto them.
The apostles gathered offerings as instructed by Paul under the power of the Holy Spirit.

These are why we worship on Sunday

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by bbstarr(f): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2019
MrCaesar:
Mountain of fire celebrate Christmas

We don't.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by peteruuu(m): 8:11am On Dec 25, 2019
Solidkay:
Christmas celebration has become rampant among the Christians. Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

But some Churches refuse to be celebrating Christmas and below are the 6 Churches that don't celebrate Christmas.

1- JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
This religious organization is one of the biggest groups of Christmas-Shunners. Once upon a time, Jehovah's Witness used to observe Christmas. This was until 1928, after further study bynone official. The official found that this is based on "false religious beliefs or activities". Deseret news reports that this is explained in a 1993 book, "Jehovah's Witness-Proclaimers of God's Kingdom".

2- SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
Just like Jehovah's Witness, this is Church is also against Christmas celebration.

A publication from them reads: "We do not celebrate Christmas as the Birth of Christ per say since Christ was not born in December".

He did not want us to celebrate his birth or He (Christ) would have told us when he was born. It has become a money-making celebration with Christ mixed in. It is a paga ritual.

3- DEEPER LIFE
A few years ago, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, the head of the Church announced to the world that his Church does not celebrate the popular Holiday. Explaining at the 2013 retreat. He said: "We don't celebrate Christmas nor sing Christmas carol; because Christmas is of idolatrous background "

4- GOD'S KINGDOM SOCIETY (GKS)
GKS believes that there us no single evidence that Jesus was born on the 25th of December. Rather, they believe he was born on October and that Christmas originated from a "noisy pagan festival in honour of the god of the sun".

The church was started by St. Gideon MeriodereUrhobo in 1934 after leaven Jehovah's Witnesses with the headquarters found in Warrior.

5- RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS AKA QUAKERS.
This church believes that " every day is a holy day", so there is no need to single out just one day to celebrate.

6- MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRIES (MFM)
According to the founder of the church, Pastor D.K. Olukoya, " We don't celebrate Christmas because the root is demonic "

OP you forgot to add the " BRANHAMITES".

I am one of them.

Christmas celebration is not Biblical.
It's pure pagan worship.

1 Like

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Samanza89: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2019
mastermaestro:

That American cult. You are a slave to an American occult society. May your eyes open so that you can escape for your soul in JESUS' name. Amen.

You're the real slave and you need the eye opener more than anyone. I pray God open your eyes to what you don't know about and quit believing people's antics and ask God for directions. I believe He will surely guide you.

Read the Bible, understand it and stop believing the lies you've heard since you were born. Seek wisdom!
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2019
Solidkay:
Christmas celebration has become rampant among the Christians. Christmas is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world.

But some Churches refuse to be celebrating Christmas and below are the 6 Churches that don't celebrate Christmas.

1- JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES
This religious organization is one of the biggest groups of Christmas-Shunners. Once upon a time, Jehovah's Witness used to observe Christmas. This was until 1928, after further study bynone official. The official found that this is based on "false religious beliefs or activities". Deseret news reports that this is explained in a 1993 book, "Jehovah's Witness-Proclaimers of God's Kingdom".

2- SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST CHURCH
Just like Jehovah's Witness, this is Church is also against Christmas celebration.

A publication from them reads: "We do not celebrate Christmas as the Birth of Christ per say since Christ was not born in December".

He did not want us to celebrate his birth or He (Christ) would have told us when he was born. It has become a money-making celebration with Christ mixed in. It is a paga ritual.

3- DEEPER LIFE
A few years ago, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi, the head of the Church announced to the world that his Church does not celebrate the popular Holiday. Explaining at the 2013 retreat. He said: "We don't celebrate Christmas nor sing Christmas carol; because Christmas is of idolatrous background "

4- GOD'S KINGDOM SOCIETY (GKS)
GKS believes that there us no single evidence that Jesus was born on the 25th of December. Rather, they believe he was born on October and that Christmas originated from a "noisy pagan festival in honour of the god of the sun".

The church was started by St. Gideon MeriodereUrhobo in 1934 after leaven Jehovah's Witnesses with the headquarters found in Warrior.

5- RELIGIOUS SOCIETY OF FRIENDS AKA QUAKERS.
This church believes that " every day is a holy day", so there is no need to single out just one day to celebrate.

6- MOUNTAIN OF FIRE MINISTRIES (MFM)
According to the founder of the church, Pastor D.K. Olukoya, " We don't celebrate Christmas because the root is demonic "

When mentioning churches, please don't mislead people with occult organisations, you devil!
Jehovah's Witness, Church of Christ, GKS, Seventh Day Adventist, Quaker are all occult groups disguising as churches. angry angry
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Dar4(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by LINTUNE(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
fraymite:

See the way you're confusing yourself. So someone can just sit and add anything to Christianity which is not commanded by Jesus and no biblical backing? No wonder why we even say the modern day Christianity is based on falsehood. Renounce this and worship your lord, your creator. That is Allah. Research about Islam and accept before death meet you.
u are really stupid for this, are u talking of the same Allah that promotes violence and pedophilia..

3 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mastermaestro(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2019
Samanza89:

You're the real slave and you need the eye opener more than anyone. I pray God open your eyes to what you don't know about and quit believing people's antics and ask God for directions. I believe He will surely guide you.

Read the Bible, understand it and stop believing the lies you've heard since you were born. Seek wisdom!

I pity your soul. grin grin A willful captive. grin grin

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by jullary(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2019
jcross19:
hypocrites in the church of God well the same churches are worshipping on Sunday which has demonic root! some church leaders are just bunch of Pharisee.
in a simple way u nailed it, see people oooo!Sunday wasn't the exact sabbath day in the Bible,but because they wanted to make money through it they accepted Sunday as sabbath day. idiots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by jcross19: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2019
joyandfaith:

Sunday is just public holiday which makes it easier for workers to worship God.
ahahahah are you sure ? is that the reason they worship on Sunday?oh okay ask your pastor.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Penboy: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2019
Roon9:
Lol! I feel they are highly delusional and paronoid. True that his birth isn't as significant as his death but then even wise men travelled donkey distances just to honour his birth. Surely that ought to mean something

Define delusion
Don't use word you don't know the meaning.

If you want to learn, pick up Shorters Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry and read.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by toluxe0075: 8:14am On Dec 25, 2019
When the world ends, we will know who is right and wrong. But not celebrating Christmas is their own palava. Make I enjoy my chicken and the sweet euphoria of the season with my family and friends jare.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by einsteine(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2019
paxonel:
who created the day 25th December, is it idol or God?
If idols were celebrated 25th December are they not thieves like that and God is taking back his day he created?

Merry Christmas to even the idol worshippers Jo, let them accept Jesus.

Just say you want to eat rice.
Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by mu2sa2: 8:15am On Dec 25, 2019
ChieduJoshua081:

God bless you for makin me laugh hard this beautiful christmas morning. The last part made me laugh most. Yes the bible said we should help one another my brother . Hahahahahahahahahahahah
Make i join in the laughter, the man is a killer on the birth day of Jesus - killer of chicken! Hahahahahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas by Sunnycliff(m): 8:16am On Dec 25, 2019
boxer022:
I know of this but which day did Christ die on the cross to resurrect on Sunday

Mark 15:37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. 15:42 And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath,

The day before the Sabbath Sir

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

"Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo) / Apostle Suleman's 50 Prophecies For 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.