Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,358 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation (651 Views)

Edwin Ijeoma Who Renounced Nigerian Citizenship, Expelled From South Africa / $1000 Not Too Much. It Include Ukrainian Stay And Citizenship After The War. / Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation by Tehlu(m): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
I've applied for naturalisation in an EU country that requires me to renounce my Nigerian citizenship. However after I become a citizen of this country, I can obtain Nigerian citizenship and keep both since I was born in Nigeria. I know this doesn't make sense, but I didn't write the rules.

I'm guessing I could easily "get" a Nigerian passport, but I'd like to officially regain my Nigerian citizenship after renunciation to avoid stories that touch tomorrow.

Does anyone know if that'd be possible?
Re: Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation by dawnomike(m): 7:02pm On Dec 24, 2019
That is very possible...
Just come back to Nigeria and apply for a green passport.
Re: Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation by Enculer2: 7:21pm On Dec 24, 2019
Dude get citizenship of another country.
Re: Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 24, 2019
It depends on the level of documentation available over here and there,I would advice you talk to someone in immigration, but I know Nigeria government would of always leave room for flexibility for its citizens.
Re: Regaining Nigerian Citizenship After Renunciation by Nickisindigo(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
I have never one is heard one is able renounce the Nigerian citizenship if the country is Germany you can keep your citizenship cuz they know is not under they law to renounce the Nigerian citizenship and they already make exceptions for that

Nigeria and Iran are the only country that I know where you can not renounce your citizenship but you can talk to immigration lawyers if you have or know any

(1) (Reply)

Got An Opportunity To Pickup Employment In Turkey But Confused Because Of Limite / Admission Into Universities In Norway / I Have Bsc. Chemistry (pure And Applied)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.