Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,837 members, 7,956,162 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

Okowa Condemns Attack On Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Condemns Attack On Jonathan (422 Views)

2023: Why APC Bigwigs Have Eyes On Jonathan / Dele Momodu: Doyin Okupe Is Owing Me $20,000 From 2015 Bet On Jonathan / APC Governors Swoop On Jonathan Ahead Of 2023 Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Okowa Condemns Attack On Jonathan by comrodioodio001: 4:00am On Dec 25, 2019
Okowa condemns attack on Jonathan

Delta Governor, Sen. (Dr.) Ifeanyi Okowa, has condemned in strong terms Tuesdays's attack on former President Goodluck Jonathan at his Otuoke home in Bayelsa.

In a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, on Tuesday in Asaba, the governor said the incident was disturbing and and unwarranted, noting that it was more condemnable because the fkmormer President was a peace loving man who always preached peaceful political engagements.

He stated that Jonathan, had been a great patriot and a promoter of peaceful politics, and did not deserve to be attacked in his home town or anywhere else.

“I join men of goodwill in condemning the attack on former President Goodluck Jonathan, who has been a great patriot and exemplary leader.

"It is pathetic and shameful that unknown gunmen could attack a leader who had on several ocassions said his 'ambition was not worth the blood of any Nigerian'.

"On behalf of the government and people of Delta, I condemn the attack on our dear former President.

"I also commiserate with him on the unfortunate demise of a gallant soldier who lost his life in the attack.

"I call on the police and other security agencies to fish out those behind the attack and bring them to justice.

"I also urge the Federal Government to beef up security around the former Nigerian leader," Okowa said.

Re: Okowa Condemns Attack On Jonathan by shuttox: 4:13am On Dec 25, 2019
Okay
Re: Okowa Condemns Attack On Jonathan by Charmingrascal(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2019
Just because GEJ visited General Buhari and because some pple assumed that he worked against PDP in Bayelsa, some blood thirsty PDP members are trying to assasina8 him, when does it become a crime for an opposition leader and ex President to visit the ruling President or even decamp to the ruling party. If it was the other way round wailers would hav been calling APC party of monsters and killers. Dickson, FFK and Kwankwaso nothing must happen to GEJ.

(1) (Reply)

I Wish Our Politicians Learned From Adedibu, A.KA Alaafin Molete / Buhari Interfere As Saudi Sentences Islamic Cleric To Death Over Alleged Drug Ab / Prince Erondu Uche Salutes Gen Yakubu Gowon For Supporting PANPIEC 2023 Crusade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.