Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,986 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? (1882 Views)

How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back. / Shehu Yar'adua And Buhari At A Wedding Event Years Back (Throwback Pic) / Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by chrisokw: 4:20am On May 27, 2007
Crisis is looming within the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) fold, particularly in the North West over ministerial nominee list.

Leadership Sunday investigations revealed that most of the people shortlisted for ministerial appointments in some states in the North-West are septuagenarians.

Already, the younger generation of politicians in the zone are protesting the alleged list prepared by party leaders for submission to the president-elect, Alhaji Umaru Musa Yar’Adua.

Those against the submission of the list to the president-elect claim that youths and the young but upward mobile politicians in the zone were responsible for PDP’s outstanding performance in the zone.

In addition, they said cabinet members should not be older or too old to be fathers to the president-elect.

It was gathered that a retired senior military officer from Zamfara State had allegedly submitted names of Mallam Yahayah Abdulkareem – a former deputy governor, the state’s party chairman and Alhaji M.Z Anka. The trio are believed to be over 70 years old.

The argument in Zamfara over the weekend was that the old men have always lost elections to the younger generation. Governor Ahmed Sani, a member of the younger generation had defeated them thrice at general elections.

Leadership Sunday gathered that a leading light among the younger generation of politicians, Colonel Mande Muhammad, was suspended from the party in what a source described as a way of scheming the younger generation out of the ministerial race.

Another younger element, Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, 48 years old was not included in the list compiled for submission to the president-elect.

In Sokoto State, Alhaji Ahmed Gusau the political adviser to PDP chairman was said to be the youngest of the three nominees. He is believed to be in his late 60s.

Others include Ambassador Ladan Sani who was commissioner in 1979 during the late Kangiwa administration and Senator Ila Gada, a director of budget in 1979.

"The younger generation are not happy with what the old politicians are doing. We were responsible for the party’s success in Sokoto and lost in Zamfara because we did not have good candidates," one party faithful who sought anonymity told leadership Sunday.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 6:25am On May 27, 2007
Is it not a shame that the most important criteria for political appointment, professional qualification, is overlooked our empty headed political prostitutes are busy squabling over inconsequential things as age and zoning?

Are we still wondering why we are making no progress except in areas of the economy that are either headed by professionals (Soludo and banking reforms, Akunyili - NAFDAC) or in the hands of the private sector (oil industry)?

Who are these men who only appear when it is time to "come and chop"? Why are we still saddled with these sharia loving looters?
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by awoof(m): 6:44am On May 27, 2007
if this story is true then Nigeria is in worse trouble, this people will drag us back 100 years. I hope Yaradua will have the guts to resist this particular problem, the northerners.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 6:50am On May 27, 2007
awoof:

if this story is true then Nigeria is in worse trouble, this people will drag us back 100 years. I hope Yaradua will have the guts to resist this particular problem, the northerners.

it cant get much worse than this, we are already firmly rooted in the 12th century. Yar Adua cant resist the "northerner" problem, he is one of them. Let us pray and hope we still have at least 5 mins of electricity after another 8 yrs of leprous civilian rule.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by angel101(f): 9:43am On May 27, 2007
amen o!
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Backslider(m): 1:49pm On May 27, 2007
@Daviddylan

I am surprised at your HATRED for the northerners I cant imagine this. I am very disappointed in you honestly. I dont know what is the reason for your Ethnocentrism but May God save you.

I expected you to have bashed this topic.

Let me tell you there is a difference between Morality and religion.

Do you have this Stereotypic view also?

Dont you know that he Calls whom he wills?

Dont you that Other tribes have their thoughts about other people.

Should we use this medium to fan Hatred.

Who is truely the "north"
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 27, 2007
ngwa backslider, stop saying nonsense. This is a forum not a place i come to curry "respect".
Please read my last two posts and point out where i outright lied!

Did any of the two posts show "hatred" for the north? Have i said anything that is widely divergent from public oppinion? go take a poll, majority of southerners rightly think our major problem in Nigeria has been the military and the northernisation of political office.

Backslider:

@Daviddylan

I am surprised at your HATRED for the northerners I can't imagine this. I am very disappointed in you honestly. I don't know what is the reason for your Ethnocentrism but May God save you.

This is pure emotive nonsense! Why is God saving me for having an oppinion? One that is shared by the majority. I am equally appalled at people who make off the wall comments without bothering to read between the lines.

Backslider:

I expected you to have bashed this topic.

On what grounds? Is the topic wrong or is it not a reflection of why Nigeria has persistently failed to progress in 47 yrs? For how long has political office been monopolised by the likes of Adamu Ciroma, Obasanjo, Babangida, Shagari and their military collaborators? The topic was NOT about northerners persay but about why we keep putting square pegs in round holes just to satisfy regional interests, a phenomenon that began with the Shagari presidency.
If you are disappointed that i did not take the hypocritical moral high ground to "bash" a topic that presented a very real and credible problem then i have no appologies.

Backslider:

Let me tell you there is a difference between Morality and religion.

What is the purpose of this nonsense?

Backslider:

Do you have this Stereotypic view also?

Please point out the "stereotypes" and show me why they are wrong!

Backslider:

Dont you know that he Calls whom he wills?

grin One reason why Nigeria is making no progress. We get inefficient looters who rig their way into office and we merely sit and say "He calls whom He wills". God has given us the power of choice, what has God got to do with our corrupt politics?

Backslider:

Should we use this medium to fan Hatred.

Please point out the "hatred".
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by doyin13(m): 2:24pm On May 27, 2007
@davidylan

U definitely have some aggro for notherners. smiley

Oh well i share some of ur views. that is the scary part. I always thought of myself as a reasonable fellow. that is not saying that u are,
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 27, 2007
@ doyin13,
this is a forum and as well as i can remember a debate accomodates both extremes of views. It is not enough to just sit there and say "you definitely have some agro for northerners", please prove me wrong and i am willing to change my oppinions if i see your point of view!

A forum is all about debate, debate, debate! Not about whether my point of view is right or wrong!
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 27, 2007
These men are very active for real.

They might make good ministers.

Their age might make them wiser than others!
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Backslider(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2007
@David the beloved of God

We know how to look at the North and forget about the Thieving south.

We condemn the North and forget we have the same people from the south have a Higher degree of thirst for material things.

I Leave you with your conscience.

I had argued with you in the Religion section with no Hatred in my heart for the People of the North or The Muslims.

To save you from Being a TRIBALRELIGIOFASCIST please read the history of the north and understand their political and class struggle.

Understand the Ethnic and why most speak Hausa even when they are not Hausa.

I thought you had love for your fellow human being as a Christian. I am very sad that I have wasted my time standing beside you in the argument in the religious section. We are told to love our Neighbor as ourself. You have the right to think and say what you think this is a free world.

Can you say that in the south that there is NO "Yoruba" "IGBO" Speaking man that has brought this country to the stone age.

Lets us look at some of the evils happening in the southern part look at the FAKE DRUGS THAT WERE FOUND IN THE SOUTH!

was that the hand work of a "HAUSA MAN"

DID YOU SEE ANY HAUSA MAN USE IT TO JUDGE AND CONDEMN THE WHOLE IGBOE SPEAKING PEOPLE?

WHY ARE WE BIASED?

When a crime is committed it is a crime simple.

I have a heard an Igbo Junior friend of my say that IGBO PEOPLE are ungrateful and You know what i said to him?

He was wrong because he have NEVER MEET IN HIS LESS THAN 3 decades of his life one hundred thousand Igbo people.

WE ARE BEGINNING TO STAIR UP SOUTHERN FASCISM

DO WE THINK IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM?
WE HAVE OUR ELITE ENJOYING THEMSELVES TOGETHER NOT THINKING OF WHICH TRIBE THEY COME FROM.
OUR SOLDIERS DOING THE SAME THING
OUR KIDS ARE DOING THE SAME THING

THE REMNANT ARE PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR TRIBAL SUPREMACY.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Afam(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2007
@Topic,

There is nothing wrong in whoever the new administration chooses to appoint, this is democracy in action.

After all Bush keeps appointing liars and incompetent war mongers in the US.

@Davidylan,

You can never hide your deep rooted hatred for

1. Northerners

2. Muslims

3. Arabs

Rid yourself of the hate and stop inflicting pain on your soul.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 27, 2007
backslider, i shld not have dignified you with a response. this is getting sillier with every response i read from you, did you even read the title of the thread at all?
Did you thoroughly digest my two earlier posts before jumping to conclusions?
I rest my case.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by NymphoQin(f): 3:24pm On May 27, 2007
davidylan:

backslider, i shld not have dignified you with a response. this is getting sillier with every response i read from you, did you even read the title of the thread at all?
Did you thoroughly digest my two earlier posts before jumping to conclusions?
I rest my case.

lmao so says a guy who hounds muslims around NL, a guy who claims to be a Christian yet act like devil's first born, a guy who changes all threads into religious WAR-FARE , a guy who JUMPS TO CONCLUSIONS, MAKES WRONG ASSUMPTIONS, a guy who never digest anything with sense, or see anybody's point except his, a guy who never REST ANY CASE let sleeping dogs lie. kiss

i am expecting you to call me a LovePeddler , a dummy etc, becos i love cock, suck cocks and a woman. so bring it on.
Has anyone noticed how , bigoted, and dim witted David is ? One advise brother, learn to look beyond your nose. If David is a Christian then i am a Virgin grin grin

Afam:

@Topic,

There is nothing wrong in whoever the new administration chooses to appoint, this is democracy in action.

@Davidylan,

You can never hide your deep rooted hatred for

1. Northerners

2. Muslims

3. Arabs

Rid yourself of the hate and stop inflicting pain on your soul.
Afam i agree 100%
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 27, 2007
the usual davidylan bashing brigade. Have fun peeps. grin
As usual the theme of the thread is ignored so we can stick our knives in a mortal enemy. cheesy

NymphoQin:

lmao so says a guy who hounds muslims around Nairaland, a guy who claims to be a Christian yet act like devil's first born, a guy who changes all threads into religious WAR-FARE , a guy who JUMPS TO CONCLUSIONS, MAKES WRONG ASSUMPTIONS, a guy who never digest anything with sense, or see anybody's point except his, a guy who never REST ANY CASE let sleeping dogs lie. kiss

Funny since you've never done more than quote others, piggy back on their oppinions merely to "agree 100%". If i make wrong assumptions it is expected that you do better than merely keeping quiet, wait for someone else to say something and then jump in. wink
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by docokwy(m): 3:41pm On May 27, 2007
If anyone does not see anything wrong for 70-year tested and failed oldies to be hellbent on being ministers at a time Nigeria needs young and contemporary egg-heads to move the economy and other related issues fast on, then the country is doomed to perpetual mediocrity. In this jet-speed electronic and globalisation age, anyone who thinks a Nigerian oldy will make the commensurate impact Nigeria needs to move from the present dead-wood situation is a big ignoramus. Period. Now I am getting sick of everything.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 27, 2007
Afam:

@Topic,

Democracy in action? grin grin Perhaps your own elections took place in the moon.

Afam:

So if Bush appoints thieves into office Yar Adua is allowed to do likewise? grin In the desperate bid to bash Bush, we make some comments that make others wonder.

docokwy:

If anyone does not see anything wrong for 70-years tested and failed oldies to be hellbent on being ministers at a time Nigeria needs yound and contemporary eggheads to move the economy and other related issues fast on, then the country is doomed to perpetual mediocrity. In this jet-speed electronic and globalisation age, anyone who thinks a Nigerian oldy will make the commensurate impact Nigeria needs to move from the present dead-wood situation is a big ignoramus. Period. Now I am getting sick of everything.

My dear, our friends here are not interested in a debate. As long as it is an opportunity to quickly bash those who expose our ineptitude and ignorance.
Amazing that all those who jumped on the bashing bandwagon had absolutely NOTHING to say about the thread. One would think it was all about poor "dim witted" davidylan.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Afam(m): 4:01pm On May 27, 2007
davidylan:

Democracy in action? grin grin Perhaps your own elections took place in the moon.

Elections took place in Nigeria even though that there were riggings in some places. This is a fact and it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not.

davidylan:

So if Bush appoints thieves into office Yar Adua is allowed to do likewise? grin In the desperate bid to bash Bush, we make some comments that make others wonder.

Did Bush appoint thieves? Let us start from there. The president elect reserves every right to appoint people he believes he can work with.

davidylan:

My dear, our friends here are not interested in a debate. As long as it is an opportunity to quickly bash those who expose our ineptitude and ignorance.
Amazing that all those who jumped on the bashing bandwagon had absolutely NOTHING to say about the thread. One would think it was all about poor "dim witted" davidylan.

As usual, because the contribution on the topic proper is alien to you and that you disagree with it then nothing has been said. Keep waiting for other ethnic bigots to re-echo your hatred towards the Northerners simply because Yar'adua is not appointing people you want.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by docokwy(m): 4:01pm On May 27, 2007
Anyone who supports this thrash that is developing is definitely gaining from the rot. Thieving and conniving Niggers
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 27, 2007
Afam:

As usual, because the contribution on the topic proper is alien to you and that you disagree with it then nothing has been said. Keep waiting for other ethnic bigots to re-echo your hatred towards the Northerners simply because Yar'adua is not appointing people you want.

I remember someone somewhere talking about issues please! grin

The theme of the thread is NOT Yar Adua appointing people i want. Yar Adua can appoint his mother for all i care. The issues if you bothered to look beyond the davidylan bashing is why we must have the same set of octogenarians foisted on us under the Yar Adua administration. If you took off your blinkered glasses for once instead of looking for loopholes for personal attacks you'd notice the thread author specifically mentioned examples of those who have been minister since 1979!

Have we not produced anyone capable of leading the country since then? Why are we merely recycling the same old men in power. Look at what Soludo has done to the banking sector, El rufai, Akunyili and other members of the new generation. Why is the emphasis on political appointments based on age and zoning instead of the capacity to serve the people?

That sir, is the crux of the matter that you and your brigade happily skipped over just so you can have room to attack davidylan (er sorry issues) and bash Bush too. I wonder what Bush has to do with the topic!
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Afam(m): 4:14pm On May 27, 2007
docokwy:

Anyone who supports this thrash that is developing is definitely gaining from the rot. Thieving and conniving Niggers

Typical response from a frustrated human being. So, it is either everyone supports a faulty criticism based on nonsense or useless accusations are directed at those who refuse to tow the ethnic line.

Maybe Yar'adua should appoint you based on the stupidy you have exhibited thus far even on this thread.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by NymphoQin(f): 4:18pm On May 27, 2007
@David( that name is wasted on you, you nothing like what the name means)
lmao. at least for once you didn't reply with personal attacks David very good, refreshing to see, oh it must be because its sunday , lets not forget to be holy on sunday to sunday as your types do lol. never mind me piggie backing, i like to  grin. how about you start acting and talking like a true Christian for once and stop chanting your hate for anything non-christian,non-southern, and all your other pet hates huh? how about that?you are an ugly double faced ethnic bigot stop using Christianity to cover up. i would respect only people who are bigoted and don't run under bible quotes. you are all that is so rotten about all religions today. PREACHER PREACH ON, NO one is listening wink
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 27, 2007
Afam:

Typical response from a frustrated human being. So, it is either everyone supports a faulty criticism based on nonsense or useless accusations are directed at those who refuse to tow the ethnic line.

Maybe Yar'adua should appoint you based on the stupidy you have exhibited thus far even on this thread.

Afam:

NB: If you have nothing reasonable to contribute please, just read and move on, no need polluting this thread with personal attacks. Issues please.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Iman3(m): 4:19pm On May 27, 2007
Afam:

The Mother of all Ironies grin

Look,even the article says that many young Northerners criticise the planned appointments.Criticising these appointments doesn't make  you a tribalist.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 27, 2007
NymphoQin:

lmao. at least for once you didn't reply with personal attacks David very good, refreshing to see, oh it must be because its sunday , lets not forget to be holy on sunday to sunday as your types do lol. never mind me piggie backing, i like to grin. how about you start acting and talking like a true Christian for once and stop chanting your hate for anything non-christian,non-southern, and all your other pet hates huh? how about that?you are an ugly double faced ethnic bigot stop using Christianity to cover up. i would respect only people who are bigoted and don't run under bible quotes. you are all that is so rotten about all religions today. PREACHER PREACH ON, NO one is listening wink

and i thought i was the dim witted one. grin
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 27, 2007
I-man:

The Mother of all Ironies grin

Look,even the article says that many young Northerners criticise the planned appointments.Criticising these appointments doesn't make you a tribalist.

Not everyone reads before posting dear. grin
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Iman3(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2007
NymphoQin:

lmao. at least for once you didn't reply with personal attacks David very good, refreshing to see, oh it must be because its sunday , lets not forget to be holy on sunday to sunday as your types do lol. never mind me piggie backing, i like to  grin. how about you start acting and talking like a true Christian for once and stop chanting your hate for anything non-christian,non-southern, and all your other pet hates huh? how about that?you are an ugly double faced ethnic bigot stop using Christianity to cover up. i would respect only people who are bigoted and don't run under bible quotes. you are all that is so rotten about all religions today. PREACHER PREACH ON, NO one is listening wink

It would make more sense if you stopped stalking and  actually made a reasoned contribution to the debate.This is the umpteenth time I noticed your inane rants against one particular individual.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by docokwy(m): 4:23pm On May 27, 2007
Normally, I do not respond to rats of the hue of Afam (or whatever), one of such whom I since considered a lost cause. Just this once, and I am done with it.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by NymphoQin(f): 4:24pm On May 27, 2007
David
oo lol was that meant to do something? lmao i am done with you go preach to the deaf grin. Happy sunday to you, i wonder how you pray with thesame lips you use to abuse people on here? grin . One of God's own many children i guess grin
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 27, 2007
NymphoQin:

David
oo lol was that meant to do something? lmao i am done with you go preach to the deaf grin. Happy sunday to you, i wonder how you pray with thesame lips you use to abuse people on here? grin . One of God's own many children i guess grin

what does this have to do with the topic? grin grin grin Keep it going, you cant be done o! shocked Make us laugh joo.
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by NymphoQin(f): 4:32pm On May 27, 2007
Dafid
what do half of the things you post have to do with the threads you inflict your religious hate and ethnic bile on? laugh? , keep pretending to laugh my dear, you know, I know and anyone with half a skull knows you are a walking joke.  Any guy would have stopped by now, no not David, you must roll in the dirt with girls like you always do. Abeg i am don, take what is left of your dignity and hide, as for me i know i got no dignity i roll with realists kiss not bullshittists. Adios amigo cheesy
Re: 70-year Oldies Want To Become Ministers: Are the ''Hausa-wasted'' years back? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 27, 2007
NymphoQin:

Dafid
what do half of the things you post have to do with the threads you inflict your religious hate and ethnic bile on? laugh? , keep pretending to laugh my dear, you know, I know and anyone with half a skull knows you are a walking joke. Any guy would have stopped by now, no not David, you must roll in the dirt with girls like you always do. Abeg i am don, take what is left of your dignity and hide, as for me i know i got no dignity i roll with realists kiss not bullshittists. Adios amigo cheesy

kai! Someone must be hurting so badly! Its all good, psychologists say being able to rant sometimes can be the first step in the healing process. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Am I A Nigerian? —chichi Aniagolu-okoye / Jonathan, Seeking 7-year Tenure, Meets Tb Joshua And Attends Redeemed Church Hol / APC Adopts New Logo, Slogan, And Motto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.