Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal (8801 Views)

Abubakar Suleiman Makes Lasepa To Take Action. / Nigeria’s Borrowing: ‘Trouble’ Imminent, Says Budget Office / 2020 Budget: CUPP Says Budget Is Just A Heavy Travel Bag Which Is Empty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Racoon(m): 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
The Speaker of Bauchi State House of Assembly, Abubakar Suleiman, says budget padding is legal. Suleiman, who said this yesterday while presenting the approved 2020 Appropriation Bill to Governor Bala Mohammed for assent, said budget padding meant legislative adjustment to ensure fairness and equity for all within the budget.

“As legislators, when the governor presented the draft estimate of the budget, we studied the draft and in the process of working on the proposal, we made adjustments and moved some amounts to some other sectors, this is what some call as padding, anyway, padding is legal,” he said.

The speaker assured the governor that the house would continue to synergise with the executive in the implementation of the budget and other programmes so as to develop the state. He thanked the governor for personally signing  letters of commendation sent to all the 31 lawmakers.
Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/bauchi-speaker-budget-padding-is-legal.html

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by yarimo(m): 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2019
The speaker must be a PDP member grin grin grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Opistorincos(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
GLO BULK AIRTIME FOR SALE!!!

I have 50k worth of Glo airtime for sale at extremely cheap price. If anyone is interested, you can go through my nairaland profile and posts to know how legit I am.

My contact is on my signature.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Kendumazy(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
Chai! Stealing isn't corruption kind of padding. Some things you will hear from our so called leaders and you will realize there's a country indeed!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by MrImole: 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
He's a devoted Muslim, he doesn't lie.

7 Likes

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by nairalee(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
But when PDP did same we didn't hear word o

APC simply means

A-Activating
P-Previous
C-Corruption

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Emu4life(m): 2:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
If you don't read through the write up, you will be misinformed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Proffdada: 2:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
When you give criminals reins of power undecided

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Brandstudio01: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
These guys are Comedians. He is sounding nice because he is not one of those Lawmakers

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by socialmediaman: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
Trying to sugarcoat corruption.

Anyway, corruption is fully endorsed by the tyrant himself. See proof below

6 Likes

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by shotin(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Nigeria is finished.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by StarUp: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Am not surprised to hear that from an Aboki...
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by jumper524(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
nairalee:
But when PDP did same we didn't hear word o

APC simply means

A-Activating
P-Previous
C-Corruption
lol..
What if I inform you now that the said speaker is PDP?

Don't just jump into the normal wailing conclusion.
The man is actually still making a point.
That headline was meant for folks with low IQ to wail on..

5 Likes

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Hienna(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
That one no b today
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Lol... If you want want give award for the funniest politicians ehn, Nigeria go win am back to back...
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Homers123(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Kleptomaniacs na dem full every facet of our public offices. Legality kill you.
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
When thieves are in power. Budget padding kii you there.

In other news,
Jesus is the reason for the season. May the Birth of Christ Jesus renew all things in your life and fill you with peace, love, joy. Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
yarimo:
The speaker must be a PDP member grin grin grin
Stop talking anyhow. He's part of your saint party angry

Day by day these thieves keep getting bolder

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by chiefolododo(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
This is coming from a Northern speaker
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Emu4life(m): 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
shotin:
Nigeria is finished.....
Your comment contradicts your signature.
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Humphrizy(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Na so dem go dey talk..... padding ni ...padding kò

Shishi...the citizens no go see... Dx country matter Don tire person undecided
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by KEVIND: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2019
Femi Falana: Dear Attorney Malami, pursuant to your constitutional powers, please order the release of Sowore.

Attorney Malami: Dear Falana, I have no powers anywhere to release Sowore. Sowore is held lawfully.

US: Having observed the human rights abuses in Nigeria, we hereby designate Nigeria as a country where human rights do not exist. We are sending representatives to witness the trial of Sowore henceforth.

Femi Adeshina: US should go to hell. No one has appointed US as the World Police. Nigeria is a sovereign nation, operating her own laws.
Buhari: This Femi Adeshina will put me in trouble. Who send this guy to run mouth like this? Attorney Malami, do something.

Attorney Malami: Pursuant to my constitutional powers as the AGF and following the order of Court to release Sowore, I hereby order his release with immediate effect.
Note that the Constitution was amended last night to give Attorney Malami the powers he denied he had.

Note also that the Court Order to release Sowore was made last night
Note finally that the US has not even acted. Her representatives just granted Press interview
Oh sorry, note finally finally that we are the GIANT of Africa, a country led by a GENERAL

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Gkay1(m): 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
Fghhg
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by ransomed: 2:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
Baba nbarawo,
Dan iska
Sarki manarfiki kawai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by beautyhd: 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
That means stealing is corruption.
Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by obcpascal: 2:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
The Word Padding was just used as a tool to attack Saraki... Nothing more.. it's very Legal and the duty of the Legislative

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by himu91: 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Dobson43: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
sad

Musa has seen and heard enough.

Musa is leaving this con3.

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by tempest01(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
Padding is increasing the allocated amount more than is required for presumable kickbacks and gains.

Budget padding is corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Suleiman Says Budget Padding Is Legal by Jabioro: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
I couldn't read it ,the fool should state the Constitutional part that legalized it..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About / PEPT: Accept Judgement, Kaduna CAN Urges Nigerians / Okonjo-iweala Says Fg’s Spending On Salaries Has Quadrupled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.