Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,539 members, 7,861,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:36 PM

Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy (1000 Views)

You’re The Only African Leader Biden Has Requested To Meet,US Envoy Tells Tinubu / You Can’t Buy My Conscience, Igini Tells APC / The Torments, Pain, Abuse My Party (PDP) Put Nigeria Through. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by sarrki(m): 2:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
hed December 25, 2019

John Ameh, Abuja

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has told the newly-posted United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Ms Mary Leonard, that though it is not an easy task to work for the unity of Nigeria, he is doing his best.

The General added that his conscience was clear with regard to upholding human rights in the country, saying, “I took an oath and I am honoring the office.

Buhari spoke to Leonard on Tuesday in Abuja when she visited the Presidential Villa to present her Letters of Credence to him.

Leonard, during the visit, had said that her country placed Nigeria on its watch list due to the humanitarian situation in the country.

She stated that the action was taken as part of efforts to deepen conversation on the issue.

SEE ALSO: Human rights abuse: Why we placed Nigeria on watch list —US ambassador

In response, Buhari insisted that Nigeria was wrongly presented to the rest of the world because other countries, including the US, did not widen their sources of information on the country.

A statement by Buhari’s media aide, Mr. Garba Shehu, after the meeting, quoted the retired General as saying that some sources of information might be “misleading” and “self-serving;” adding that Buhari told his visitor that his conscience was clear in line with the oath he took to defend Nigeria.

“I know that those with access have created an impression of being marginalised.

“I sit here with a clear conscience. I took an oath and I am honoring the office,” General Buhari said.

He recalled how he explained to President Donald Trump, during a visit to Washington DC, that reports on attacks on segments of Nigeria were not entirely true.

Buhari added, “It is not an easy task to work for the unity of the country, and I am doing my best.

“During your stay in the country, I am asking you to ensure that your sources of strategic information cut across.”

He advised the envoy to take her time to study Nigeria by getting facts on the situation of things in the country.

https://punchng.com/human-rights-abuse-my-conscience-is-clear-buhari-tells-us-envoy/
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by carbon1224(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
USA never talk hmmm major general easy with your citizens .
sarrki:
hed December 25, 2019

John Ameh, Abuja

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) has told the newly-posted United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Ms Mary Leonard, that though it is not an easy task to work for the unity of Nigeria, he is doing his best.

The General added that his conscience was clear with regard to upholding human rights in the country, saying, “I took an oath and I am honoring the office.

Buhari spoke to Leonard on Tuesday in Abuja when she visited the Presidential Villa to present her Letters of Credence to him.

Leonard, during the visit, had said that her country placed Nigeria on its watch list due to the humanitarian situation in the country.

She stated that the action was taken as part of efforts to deepen conversation on the issue.

SEE ALSO: Human rights abuse: Why we placed Nigeria on watch list —US ambassador

In response, Buhari insisted that Nigeria was wrongly presented to the rest of the world because other countries, including the US, did not widen their sources of information on the country.

A statement by Buhari’s media aide, Mr. Garba Shehu, after the meeting, quoted the retired General as saying that some sources of information might be “misleading” and “self-serving;” adding that Buhari told his visitor that his conscience was clear in line with the oath he took to defend Nigeria.

“I know that those with access have created an impression of being marginalised.

“I sit here with a clear conscience. I took an oath and I am honoring the office,” General Buhari said.

He recalled how he explained to President Donald Trump, during a visit to Washington DC, that reports on attacks on segments of Nigeria were not entirely true.

Buhari added, “It is not an easy task to work for the unity of the country, and I am doing my best.

“During your stay in the country, I am asking you to ensure that your sources of strategic information cut across.”

He advised the envoy to take her time to study Nigeria by getting facts on the situation of things in the country.

https://punchng.com/human-rights-abuse-my-conscience-is-clear-buhari-tells-us-envoy/

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by DavidEsq(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
I knew it's that vulvaniser on NL that posted this

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Brandstudio01: 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
This single act for me was simply the an insult on every Nigerian Citizen. Therefore requires an apologies
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by scribble: 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari wants us ambassador to get her information from Liar Mohammed and Femi Adeshifraud

3 Likes

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by V1C70R(m): 3:00pm On Dec 25, 2019
Is it not years ago that we found out he didn't have working ears, so how sure are we, that he even has the conscience talked about? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Madibah(m): 3:11pm On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari na werey grin

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Surveyoruzoma: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
Iam not blaming buhari government but iam blaming the south west that supported and he is dealing with them
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by sarrki(m): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
Surveyoruzoma:
Iam not blaming buhari government but iam blaming the south west that supported and he is dealing with them

We got Lagos Ibadan railroad

What did southeast gained for the 16years of pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Beremx(f): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2019
You are destroying the unity of Nigeria by giving lopsided appointments Mr President. There's nothing you are doing to keep Nigeria one.

BTW, the federal roads in the SE are all bad. Something should be done about it.

2 Likes

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by sarrki(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
Beremx:
You are destroying the unity of Nigeria by giving lopsided appointments Mr President. There's nothing you are doing to keep Nigeria one.

BTW, the federal roads in the SE are all bad. Something should be done about it.

You spoke like a true Nigeria

This is how opposition should be played

Devoid of name calling and insults

Compliments of the season

3 Likes

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by BitCraftman: 3:33pm On Dec 25, 2019
Idi Amin's own was also. Even Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga's own too was.

2 Likes

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Beremx(f): 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
sarrki:

You spoke like a true Nigeria

This is how opposition should be played

Devoid of name calling and insults

Compliments of the season
Same to you and your family

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Angelparadise: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
If at all you have any atom of conscience why releasing now after the threat from USA.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2019
sarrki:
hed December 25, 2019

John Ameh, Abuja

There are three kinds of lies . . . .

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii helinues

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Turantula(m): 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2019
The terrorist said that source of information should be widened while his appointments should be narrowed to head slamming mallams

1 Like

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari, even though you have your faults, don't worry, Imes is coming grin

When the end of days arrive, we are gonna be alright in Shaa Allaah

The tables are gonna turn around... The world will know the truth..

The wolves in sheep clothing will show.. while the people of truth will surface

When Imes comes, there'll be the end of days of falsehood and the beginning of new days of truth...

Imes, we await your coming grin
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by oyin44: 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2019
sarrki:

We got Lagos Ibadan railroad

What did southeast gained for the 16years of pdp
Absolutely Nothing,20years wasted all for nothing
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Racoon(m): 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
You government got so much blood on its hands.Bloody self-righteous sanctimonious hypocrite.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by BlackSpanner: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2019
IAmStrange:
Buhari, even though you have your faults, don't worry, Imes is coming grin

When the end of days arrive, we are gonna be alright in Shaa Allaah

The tables are gonna turn around... The world will know the truth..

The wolves in sheep clothing will show.. while the people of truth will surface

When Imes comes, there'll be the end of days of falsehood and the beginning of new days of truth...

Imes, we await your coming grin

Please what is Imes?
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by LZAA: 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2019
immhotep:

There are three kinds of lies . . . .

Cc lzaa sarrki gmbuharii helinues
Afamed can tell us more
Cc pythonamaka alariiwo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by oyin44: 4:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
Surveyoruzoma:
can you compare sw to any other regions in nigeria? Or Don't you see that SW is growing rapidly .thank to buhari and tinubu.if you doubt me ,come to lagos.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by BuhariAdvocate: 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Sir you have done well. And Nigerians are thanking you for the good job.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by sapientia(m): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Uncle that can lie anyhow.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
Dead man standing.
Do u even have one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
Please the Good people of Nairaland help my friend he's doing his IT in Zaria plz help him, this Xmas so that he can eat today plz

Nweke kenechukwu c
Uba bank
tnxxx nairalanders
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Offshore34: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2019
LOOL TYRANT SPEAKING!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2019
Story for the gods.
He's not wrong anyway, he's a fanatic cum tribalist so I don't expect something different.
Fanatics don't see anything wrong in their actions.
Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
LZAA:

Afamed can tell us more
Cc pythonamaka alariiwo
Please where is alariiwo? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Human Rights Abuse: My Conscience Is Clear, Buhari Tells US Envoy by Bahddo(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
So na fear of USA even make am release Sowore and Dasuki. This man has no regard whatsoever for Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

While Gov. Obiano Booze Away In Usa, Commissioners Exposes Selves And First Lady / Photos :2017 IPOB Solidarity Rally For Donald Trump, Igbos In USA To Vote Trump / Coronavirus: The Moment A Nigerian Senator Sneezed During Plenary Others Laughed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.