Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS (2161 Views)

FG Withdraws Corruption Charges Against Ashinze, Sambo Dasuki’s Aides / Abducted Greenfield Student Reunites With Family After Being Released By Bandits / Dasuki Granted N200 Million Bail By Abuja Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by Naijanewsgist00: 3:22pm On Dec 25, 2019
Dasuki speaks up after being released by DSS

Former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki has opened up on his ordeal after being arrested in December 2015 and prosecuted for alleged corruption while in office.

In a radio interview with Voice of America (Hausa Service), Dasuki who spent 4 years in the Department of State Services (DSS) custody stated that he has no feud with President Buhari.

latest news

The former NSA also disclosed that he stopped going to court because the federal government refused to release him despite meeting his bail conditions.

Here are excerpts from the interview below;

VoA: How can you thank Nigerians who have been praying for your release which eventually happened today, you have your freedom?

Dasuki: There are no words enough to show appreciation for all the prayers offered. All we can do is to thank them and pray to God to reward them abundantly. We have seen the results of their prayers.

VoA: Seeing that you have spent four years in detention; do you feel healthy or you have certain health challenges?

Dasuki: Thank God I am in full health. I have no ailment at all.

VoA: How did you meet your family?

Dasuki: Glory to God, everyone is ok.

Voa: So what will you say to the federal government?

Dasuki: There is nothing really to say to the government. Everything that happens to an individual is from God. It is only God’s will that will prevail. It is ignorance or lack of faith that pushes some to think that certain individuals are behind their predicaments. Everything is ordained by God. Like you said, I was detained for four year and I am out today. Only God knows tomorrow. The only thing is that there must be fairness. Whoever goes to the Mosque on Friday must surely have heard the Imam always preach for fairness and honesty. There is a reason for that. Everyone should listen to it.

VoA: Are you now returning to court to prove that the allegations against you are not correct?

Dasuki: Of course, I stopped going to the court because I was granted bail but the government refused to release me and I said whenever the bail order is complied with I will appear before the court and defend myself. I am ready.

VoA: There are rumours that your predicament is traced to the fact that you were the one who arrested President Buhari during a military coup and you are now paying for it?

Dasuki: I am not aware of that. All I know is that everything is from God.

VoA: So there is no sort of feud between you and the President?

Dasuki: I have no feud with anybody. I am more than that. I can’t engage in a feud with anyone.

More>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by Kwamecron(m): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2019
Wetin en talk?
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
What did he want to say.
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by SLAP44: 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
If this man speaks what he knows when he was NSA, "you all won't sleep again" - Danjuma

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by pdppower: 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
I'm very sure he would not want to say something that will anger the dictator to push him into detention again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by ETWs: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
He avoided hate speech.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 25, 2019
Well he also said he doesn't know what would happen tomorrow, you know Oga Buhari is like a police man who offer you tea and cake at the station and you feel very comfortable and start cooperating forgetting the law is the law. He should just be prayerful and trust the Good Lord be on his side.
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by hisgrace090: 3:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
He really minded his words in this interview.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by BitCraftman: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2019

Everything that happens to an individual is from God. It is only God’s will that will prevail. It is ignorance or lack of faith that pushes some to think that certain individuals are behind their predicaments. Everything is ordained by God. Like you said, I was detained for four year and I am out today. Only God knows tomorrow. The only thing is that there must be fairness. Whoever goes to the Mosque on Friday must surely have heard the Imam always preach for fairness and honesty. There is a reason for that. Everyone should listen to it.

Did god(not God) also ordain you to sin and steal money?

These guys can explain the unexplainable with religion. You oversaw the diffusion of $2.1 billion and still have balls to say every happening to man is from God.
Poverty inclusive I quess.

These people are amazingly shameless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by BitCraftman: 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
hisgrace090:
He really minded his words in this interview.
You mean it? Dude has nothing to say. He is saving faces by attributing his willful evil to god(not God).
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Dec 25, 2019
Everything is from God he said.
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by BitCraftman: 3:43pm On Dec 25, 2019
ETWs:
He avoided hate speech.
Lol...so funny.
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by BitCraftman: 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2019
SLAP44:
If this man speaks what he knows when he was NSA, "you all won't sleep again" - Danjuma
Lol.

I tell you.
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by itsme01: 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2019
cool

Buhari just bought market.... canary would sing... Dasuki would surely rat out many people if they try him

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by 0monnak0da: 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2019
BitCraftman:

These guys can explain the unexplainable with religion. You oversaw the diffusion of $2.1 billion and still have balls to say every happening to man is from God.

How do you know these things? People like you are the first to rush to get a tyre when you hear "thief"

If indeed he did all that you claim what is stopping his prosecution and conviction? Is nairaland now a courtroom with you as Chief Judge??
After all Orji Kanu was convicted and jailed?

How come the government has not been bold enough to charge one single general from the Nigerian Army ?? Danbazzau, Ihejirika or Minimah

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by bigass123(m): 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2019
Typical of the North.. Diplomatic and sly.
There's always a return match.. Let's wait and see as events unfold
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by 0monnak0da: 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2019
BitCraftman:
You mean it? Dude has nothing to say. He is saving faces by attributing his willful evil to god(not God).
His words are directed at a target audience . He is saying exactly what that audience wants to hear

1 Like

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 25, 2019
I didn't bother to read because what I sha know is when Imes comes, we'll are gonna be alright in Shaa Allaah

Imes, the end of days and beginning of new ones, we await your coming cheesy
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by uzohrome(m): 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2019
Extremely smart guy. Nice answers
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by WildChild00(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2019
BitCraftman:

It's the believe of Islam, that it's destiny, I might be wrong through
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by 0monnak0da: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
WildChild00:

It's the believe of Islam, that it's destiny, I might be wrong through
It is not a "belief"
It is what people say in Islamic societies what they actually believe is another matter
It is just institutionalized hypocrisy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by DAVEZONIGLTD: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2019
Merry Christmas to you all.

Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by oyatz(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2019
This man won't listen.

I have told him several times that, Emperor Imes has come two thousands years ago at Ile-Ife under the name of Obatala.

IAmStrange:
I didn't bother to read because what I sha know is when Imes comes, we'll are gonna be alright in Shaa Allaah

Imes, the end of days and beginning of new ones, we await your coming cheesy
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2019
oyatz:
This man won't listen.

I have told him several times that, Emperor Imes has come two thousands years ago at Ile-Ife under the name of Obatala.

grin

And I've told you several times... Imes is different from Obatala.. You just won't listen grin grin
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by Stevengerd(m): 5:28pm On Dec 25, 2019
Someone should kindly show me love this Christmas.
I have been indoor since morning.
3105138418, First bank
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by udemzyudex(m): 5:36pm On Dec 25, 2019
You better leave naija for now.
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by oyatz(m): 8:06pm On Dec 25, 2019
The Arabs are deceiving you by making you to adopt their religion and downgrading your ancestral traditional faith.

IAmStrange:

grin

And I've told you several times... Imes is different from Obatala.. You just won't listen grin grin
Re: Dasuki Speaks Up After Being Released By DSS by sammyj: 8:12pm On Dec 25, 2019
Buhari’s regime has now turned to laughingstock and reduced to ridicule. Just read between the lines of Dasuki’s statement and see for yourself!!!

(1) (Reply)

If Some Churches In Nigeria Have 247 Power Supply, Why Can't Nigeria Have Same? / Defend Yourselves; 'armed Forces Are Not Neutral’- Theophilus Danjuma / Adamasingba Stadium: Why Olubadan, Alaafin Turned Back At The Gate – Aseyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.