Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC (1034 Views)

Please Guys I Need Help With My Pc, I Don't Know What Is Wrong With It / Hello Guys,pls Can Autocad Work On Microsoft Surface Pro?and Is It A Good Gadget / Urgent: How Do I Edit Pdf Document On My Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by rerhji(m): 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2019
i was playing call of duty with my dell latitude E3...can't recall d full name......while charging, all of a sudden it went off.....i removed d battery and when i put it back, nd try to on it..the battery got burnt sort of.........now if i plug in the charger.....it returns d current thereby making the indicator of the charger to go off........i just need idea on what might b d problem.....b4 i take it to an engineer to avoid being exploited too much....local man is broke
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by Greatzeus(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2019
rerhji:
i was playing call of duty with my dell latitude E3...can't recall d full name......while charging, all of a sudden it went off.....i removed d battery and when i put it back, nd try to on it..the battery got burnt sort of.........now if i plug in the charger.....it returns d current thereby making the indicator of the charger to go off........i just need idea on what might b d problem.....b4 i take it to an engineer to avoid being exploited too much....local man is broke
First,your communication skill is very poor,next time calm down,use paragraphs where appropriate.
Have you been playing the game on the PC before with no issue? I think it's one of the following:
The PC spec is lower than the minimum recommended for the game.
Your PC overheated during the game due to the game high graphics or non working fan or poor ventilation.
There was a power surge that affected your PC motherboard and damaged your battery.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by yomifowe(m): 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2019
Simply put, your laptop s battery is dead. Try replacing it. However Before you do that for confirmation try using your laptop without the battery and see what happens
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by rerhji(m): 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2019
Greatzeus:

First,your communication skill is very poor,next time calm down,use paragraphs where appropriate.
Have you been playing the game on the PC before with no issue? I think it's one of the following:
The PC spec is lower than the minimum recommended for the game.
Your PC overheated during the game due to the game high graphics or non working fan or poor ventilation.
There was a power surge that affected your PC motherboard and damaged your battery.

Thanks for the correction sir,
i hope that doesn't mean the motherboard is condemned. i'm sure d battery is.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by kevspens: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2019
Depends on the extent of the damage on the board but since you said it's returns current it will work.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by SeedofDavid: 6:41am On Dec 26, 2019
rerhji:
get a new charger first and try again. charger itself is most likely damaged. then check for other issues like battery/motherboard.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by udemzyudex(m): 9:38am On Dec 26, 2019
rerhji:

I understand the situation here.

When you connect the charger ,the light indicator on your charger will go off immediately.

There is a short on your laptop motherboard, some engrs will say "e dey return light" grin
Take your laptop to a laptop technician,you might be lucky it will just be a small capacitor, sometimes it's a mosfet .

As it is now even if you use another charger or battery,the problem will still be there. You need to fix that first.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by udemzyudex(m): 9:43am On Dec 26, 2019
SeedofDavid:

get a new charger first and try again. charger itself is most likely damaged. then check for other issues like battery/motherboard.

He shouldn't get a charger first. Unless if the charger is those fake ones,I'll advise him to get the Original one but if he is using Original charger then no need cos even if he get another charger he will still experience the same thing,he needs to work on the motherboard first before any other thing.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by SeedofDavid: 11:55am On Dec 26, 2019
udemzyudex:

He shouldn't get a charger first. Unless if the charger is those fake ones,I'll advise him to get the Original one but if he is using Original charger then no need cos even if he get another charger he will still experience the same thing,he needs to work on the motherboard first before any other thing.
I advised from first hand experience of a similar situation I had. Doesn't mean the charger is bad, its just to help him narrow down the issue and solution.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by SeedofDavid: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2019
udemzyudex:

he said the charger returns the current so I'm sure thats the course of the issue. I will not be surprised if it also shocks him.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by udemzyudex(m): 1:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
SeedofDavid:

he said the charger returns the current so I'm sure thats the course of the issue. I will not be surprised if it also shocks him.

The question should be what's making the charger to return the current immediately he plug it to the charging port.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by udemzyudex(m): 1:41pm On Dec 26, 2019
SeedofDavid:

I advised from first hand experience of a similar situation I had. Doesn't mean the charger is bad, its just to help him narrow down the issue and solution.
A
I'm advising as a chip level laptop technician.

I didn't say the charger is bad , however a Knock off charger probably the ones sold for #1k can cause a lot of damage to the motherboard,that's why I always advise clients to get original charger.

However, the motherboard is faulty, that's where the problem is.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by Atandajugunu(m): 10:38pm On Dec 26, 2019
The problem is from the motherboard..A
capacitor close to the power IC on the motherboard has got burnt thereby functioning as ordinary wire which makes it to return current...U can contact me or get a skill computer engineer who can work on mother board...or just buy new mother board if u have the money.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by felix55(m): 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2019
am surprised in some reply here...he's playing high graphics game then something happened. d motherboard s seriously faulty.working on d board s not 100% fixable.
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by Atandajugunu(m): 9:06am On Dec 27, 2019
Some issues are fixable on the motherboard...
Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by SeedofDavid: 11:32am On Dec 27, 2019
udemzyudex:

The question should be what's making the charger to return the current immediately he plug it to the charging port.
Possibly a bad capacitor... where is op self. Probably already sorted himself.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can Any Engineer Suggest What Is Wrong With My PC by Onosy: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
Atandajugunu:

The problem is from the motherboard..A
capacitor close to the power IC on the motherboard has got burnt thereby functioning as ordinary wire which makes it to return current...U can contact me or get a skill computer engineer who can work on mother board...or just buy new mother board if u have the money.

I had similar issue won my Dell Latitude e6430. What is your location if you can help me fix it. I am located at the Island.

(1) (Reply)

Macbook Retina 12" 2015 Very Clean(SOLD) / Uk Used Lenovo Thinkpad T410 / Corel Draw.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.