Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Main Course At Christmas And Always! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Main Course At Christmas And Always! (178 Views)

Six Churches That Don’t Celebrate Christmas And Why / Muslims Present Jesus' Portrait At Christmas Service In Kaduna (Photo) / Difference Between Christmas And Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Main Course At Christmas And Always! by e316(m): 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2019
THE MAIN COURSE!

(A WHITE CHRISTMAS, MERRY AND BRIGHT DAYS ASSURED!)

By Rev. Edosa Edobor

Sometime ago, a very important guest showed up at the home of two sisters and was warmly received. While one of the sisters went to the kitchen and was completely engrossed in preparing a lavish entertainment for their guest, the other sat at the feet of the guest listening attentively to every word that the guest said, as a good mentee who wanted to make the most of the rare privilege of hosting a mentor who is highly sought after.

After sometime, Martha, who had been engrossed in trying to get a good meal for their guest, went to check on the guest for the first time since she left for the kitchen. On seeing her sister, Mary, listening to the guest with an undivided attention, Martha queried the guest why he didn't encourage Mary to assist her in the kitchen.

In response, the guest said, "Martha, Martha, you are worried, anxious and bothered about so many things, but few things are needed - or indeed only one - and Mary has chosen the good part - the main course - which will not be taken away from her." (Luke 10:38-42 KJV, Amp, NIV & Msg)

Some many persons focus more on their preparations for Christmas celebration rather than the essence of the Mass - Jesus Christ; they are more concerned about the celebration rather than the Celebrant.

The most important aspect of Christmas is knowing the Christ - before the Mass, during the Mass and after the Mass. Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 3:10 "That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection..."

Those who know their God shall be strong and do exploits - in the face of adversity, lack, scarcity, persecution, a doctor's report that nothing can be done, hopelessness, uncertainty and death staring at you. (Daniel 11:32b; Psalm 23:4).

David could boldly declare that the Lord is his Shepherd because he knew his God and had had encounters with Him. Hence his testimony in Psalms 23: 1 - 6. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures..." Accessing a greener pasture is more as a result of one's connection to the Good Shepherd rather than just changing one's location!

In the face of death by one of the most horrible ways - being thrown into a burning fiery furnace - three Hebrew boys who were taken captive by the most powerful man in the world at the time, ignored every form of protocol when they addressed the King by his name, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer you in this matter. Our God whom we serve will deliver us from the burning fiery furnace and He will deliver us from your hand." (Daniel 3:1-17 KJV).

Dear friend, knowing Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd, ensures that your Christmas and the rest days of your life will truly be merry and bright. It ensures that your path becomes as the shinning light that shines brighter to the perfect day! (Proverbs 4:18).

Jesus Christ is that Light that makes our path to shine very bright! He is also the Way, the Truth and the Life! (John 1; John 14:6).

If you want today to be the first day of the rest of your life, and for the rest of your life to be merry and bright, please pray this prayer:

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10: "If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God has raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." I do that now. I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

Congratulations!

Have a merry Christmas and brighter days ahead!

God bless You!

#RevEdosa
#ALIC

(1) (Reply)

U Cant Always Control People's Actions, What U Can Control Are Ur Own Reactions / RCCG House Fellowship Leaders Manual, Sunday 29th December , 2019 / Seeds Of Destiny 9 January 2020 -- EXCELLING BY EXCELLENCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.