Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,941 members, 7,821,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? (24308 Views)

The Benefits Of Boxing / What Does "Boxing Day" Mean? / The meaning of " la vida loca" (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Hoodbilonia: 3:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
Na day to vsit box tv
Watch pre downloaded movies
Ozwo
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Ayobami7(m): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2019
Happy boxing day
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2019
MZrapper:
Please help a sister, I grew up knowing boxing day and it's funny up till now I gave no idea what the boxing day is all about and why 26th of December is dedicated to it.

It means the day you open the box of gifts given to you by Santa or friends and families.

The boxes are usually kept at the Christmas trees from the day they start coming in to be opened on 26th which means boxing of gifts.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by jeph19(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
GeneralPula:
Like this;
That picture made almost pee on my boxers coz I was laughing hysterically
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by lucas1010: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2019
ATTENTION GENERAL PUBLIC PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND BE WARNED AM A VICTIM OF THIS STUDY IN CANADA BY THIS COMPANY SNOWFOX I HAVE ALL MY EVIDENCES IT IS AN AUDIO ADMISSION THEY ARE DOING THEY WASTE YOUR TIME AND ALSO EAT YOUR MONEY ALL IN THE NAME OF THEY TRIED TO GET YOU ADMISSION WHEN I ASK FOR MY MONEY THEY ISSUED ME A POST DATED CHEQUE AND PROMISES TO REFUNDS HALF THE MONEY PAID AND WHEN I ACCEPT THEY GAVE ME A POSTED CHEQUE SINCE DECEMBER 12 2019 TILL NOW I CAN'T CASH THE CHEQUE I WAS TOLD BY THE BANK THAT THERE IS NO FUND IN THE ACCOUNT OF THE CHEQUE ISSUED PLEASE EVERYONE SHOULD PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND STOP EVERY BUSINESS ACTIVITIES WITH THIS PEOPLE NOW I LEARNT THEY ARE ALL THE STATE BECAUSE LAGOS WHERE THEY STARTED FROM DON CAST PLEASE AM A WITNESS I HAVE ALL MY FACT RECORDED........ I WANT THE AUTHORITY CONCERN TO COME TO MY AID LETS DRIVE AWAY THIS ODD ELEMENT PEOPLE OFF THE SOCIETIES BECAUSE THE AIM AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS COMPANY IS TO TAKE THEY DON'T WORK FOR ALL IN THE NAME OF TRYING TO GET YOU AN ADMISSION IN CANADA IMAGINE PAYING 70% DOWN PAYMENT WHEN THEY WANT TO REFUND IS EITHER YOU DON'T GET IT OR IS 50% I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MINE TILL NOW AND THEY ARE STILL OPERATING IN OUR SOCIETIES I WAS IN THERE OFFICE IN LEKKI NIGERIAN THAT ARE AFFECTED ARE MUCH AND EVERY COME WITH THERE MEANS GETTING THERE MONEY BACK WHICH YIELD NOTHING MY TIME WAS WASTED I SPEND HOURS JUST TO SEE THE GM MR. FRED THAT IS THE ARCHITECT OF THE SCAM ACTIVITIES PLEASE THIS IS TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC PLEASE BE WARN AND STAY OFF THIS PEOPLE CALLED SNOWFOX , THEY ARE STILL EWC, STILL SOFT NOON I LEARNT THE OWNER HAS 10 REGISTERED NAMES ALL FOR SAME BUSINESS SO IF THIS NAME IS KNOW HE COMES OUT WITH ANOTHER NAME. ALL FOR SAME MISSION I WANT THE AUTHORITY CONCERN TO INVESTIGATE THEM PLEASE AM A VICTIM I HAVE MY FACT IN MY HANDS THE POSTED DATED CHEQUE IS STILL WITH ME TILL TODAY NOT YET CLEARED .......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by tioles: 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2019
Boxing day is a day of enjoyment with music .That boxing represent music box the one we called speaker today.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:26pm On Dec 26, 2019
a day after Christmas day (26th of December) in which you (people) exchange Gifts with loved ones.

some people exchange pussy and dick, Oloshoism things. grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by GeneralPula: 5:31pm On Dec 26, 2019
jeph19:

That picture made almost pee on my boxers coz I was laughing hysterically

grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by hermesprogidy(m): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2019
It's the day you share people hot, hot slap, whether they ask or not. O almost slapped someone today, but holy ghost spoke to me sad
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by lonlytroy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2019
post=85234056:
Boxing Day got its name when Queen Victoria was on the throne in the 1800s and has nothing to do with the sport of boxing.

The name comes from a time when the rich used to box up gifts to give to the poor.

Boxing Day was traditionally a day off for servants, and the day when they received a special Christmas box from their masters.

The servants would also go home on Boxing Day to give Christmas boxes to their families.

Like bbq in a box grin grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2019
lonlytroy:

Like bbq in a box grin grin
Good boy,
Now..clap for ya sef!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2019
kerryemudiaga:
You were almost correct.........
Except we don't eat meat on Boxing Day

Hahahaha grin cheesy
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by deebrain(m): 6:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
The day for exchange or opening of gift boxes given you for Christmas.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2019
kerryemudiaga:
Them dey share money for ur Signature
them who b that?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

It means the day you open the box of gifts given to you by Santa or friends and families.

The boxes are usually kept at the Christmas trees from the day they start coming in to be opened on 26th which means boxing of gifts.
sad sad sad it's me, do you really mean it...."It's me"
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Kayharry(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2019
The name comes from a time when the rich used to box up gifts to give to the poor. Boxing Day was traditionally a day off for servants, and the day when they received a special Christmas box from their masters. The servants would also go home on Boxing Day to give Christmas boxes to their families.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by GMbuharii: 8:50pm On Dec 26, 2019
Box up your gifts,that's what it means... however,if you see a coneheaded structure,give it a good Anthony Joshua box,thank you...

grin

Lzaa immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by LZAA: 10:47pm On Dec 26, 2019
GMbuharii:
Box up your gifts,that's what it means... however,if you see a coneheaded structure,give it a good Anthony Joshua box,thank you...

grin

Lzaa immhotep
grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 26, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Lol...you ehn!..
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by lucas1010: 4:20am On Dec 27, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

Lol...you ehn!..
HELLO
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 27, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

So you now removed the pics that I'm using to console my spirit. Go and out it back now! Lol....
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 27, 2019
lucas1010:
HELLO

Hi
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

So you now removed the pics that I'm using to console my spirit. Go and out it back now! Lol....
Haha, I will put back.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by lucky4west: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2019
wow nice articles and comments...i think outside the actual meaning and origin of boxing day one should give his wife a good time then box her very well in the bedroom or the other room according to buhari hahahahahahahahaha
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2019
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by dragunov: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2019
MZrapper:
Please help a sister, I grew up knowing boxing day and it's funny up till now I gave no idea what the boxing day is all about and why 26th of December is dedicated to it.

OK. Let me explain. You see, this is the time when people punch their neighbors to stupor for all the misdeeds they perpetrated against them from the beginning of the year.

OK?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 27, 2019
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Boxing Day? by incentive: 8:55pm On Dec 27, 2019
I have gotten something from this thread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Piece Of Advice For Slay Queens And Kings / Charity Policy: We Will Donate Though We Cannot Promote / Questions For Rhodalyn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.