Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,231 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official (808 Views)

Ganduje Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles - Official / Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official / Deputy Governor Hamzat Apprehends Road Users Plying One Way In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by gaetano: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2019
The Kano State Government has banned persons of opposite genders from plying same commercial tricycles across the state from January, 2020, an official has announced.

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje revealed this on Wednesday at the closing ceremony of 77th annual Islamic Vacation Course (IVC) organised by Zone A of Muslim Society of Nigeria (MSSN) held at Bayero University, Kano.

Mr Ganduje, who was represented by Commander General of Hisbah Board, Harun Ibn-Sina, said the state government is committed towards upholding Islamic values.

Commercial tricycles, popularly known as ‘A daidaita sahu’ in Kano, were introduced by a former governor of Kano, Ibrahim Shekarau, as a means of transportation for women only.
This was after Mr Shekarau’s government banned commercial motorcyclists from conveying women.

Since Mr Shekarau’s exit as governor, however, tricycles have been allowed to carry people of both sexes, a move the state government has now said will be changed.

Meanwhile, Governor Ganduje at the event charged participants to face their studies and shun drug abuse.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how during his address at the event, the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar lll, faulted the Christian Associstion of Nigeria’s reaction to a United States classification of Nigeria as one of the nations where religous freedom is not guaranteed.

In his address, the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi ll, cautioned Muslims against “growing their needs beyond their resources.”

The emir attributed the increasing rate of out of school children in Muslim North to “uncontrolled polygamy and high rate of divorce.”

The Islamic Vacation Course (IVC) was attended by students of secondary schools and tertiary instinstitutions from the 19 Northern states and Abuja.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/369919-kano-govt-bans-opposite-sexes-from-plying-same-tricycles-official.html
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by deboysben(m): 10:17am On Dec 26, 2019
Is that necessary?
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2019
Are you serious?? Wetin the orphan Jenifer no go see for boko haram hands? Its like banning both sexes from walking in the street..

Gandollar is a fool, mumu, idiot and a scallywag..
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by alsudan: 10:18am On Dec 26, 2019
Fake azz hypocrites, how come the Babariga thief Gandollar is still Governor, instead of being an amputee according to Sharia law.

There’s no difference between any Religion of piss person and Boko Haram. They all share same ideas of Islamizing Nigeria and spreading Sharia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by chloride6: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2019
Hunger go finish this people eh?

grin

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Davash222(m): 10:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Primitive people!!!
God will continue to punish Lord Luggard wherever he is now.

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by gaetano: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2019
Divide this shithole and give these guys their own half so they can have their sharia nation. Imagine how these folks are planning on beginning their 2020 grin

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by ghettokid1(m): 10:25am On Dec 26, 2019
Wetin musa no dey see for north?

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by murphyibiam15(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2019
And if I'm going out with my sister to the same location? My wife? Or mother?

So primitive set of backward never do well set of people

Chai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by gaetano: 10:32am On Dec 26, 2019
murphyibiam15:
And if I'm going out with my sister to the same location? My wife? Or mother?

So primitive set of backward never do well set of people

Chai

Very useless people. My friend serving in the North was humiliated because he held hands with his girlfriend in public while walking.

You can imagine Saudi Arabia the custodians of Islam are amending their laws to encourage more openness but arewa wants to take the entire country back to 1600.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Pigsandidiots: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2019
Misplaced priority
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by jumper524(m): 10:34am On Dec 26, 2019
These move makes no sense to me.
So what if they are brothers and sisters?
This one is totally unnecessary..
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by GamalNasser: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2019
Remember this is APCs best governor at work
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by LegendHer0: 10:38am On Dec 26, 2019
This is just nonsense. The world is progressing while the North chose to remain backward in their thinking.

What is the effect of this policy? Will it stop fornication?

Well all man to himself. They are grown ups and they can decide how to live their life. In as much as they don’t bring the craze to the national scene, then everyone should be good.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by saaron(m): 10:39am On Dec 26, 2019
Sharia law in action. This is the model buhari's islamist regime want to spread and implement all over Nigeria through imposition of Sharia law.

Pls take a moment and read the expose below:

For those who do not know pls know this, boko haram is an islamist terrorist organization fighting against Christians and non muslims in Nigeria. Remember they are fighting for Islamization and all muslims are in TOTAL support of islamization of Nigeria.
The christian lady from Plateau state kidnapped by Boko haram islamist terrorist on 22/12/19 was not the only one kidnapped by boko haram. There are others.
I can authoritatively say that there are other Christians kidnapped along with her. The interesting thing about the incident is that muslim aid workers were also in the same vehicle together with the Christian aid workers, but the muslims were allowed to go while the Christians were rounded up and taken to captivity by the terrorist.
I know this because this because I sometimes worship in the same church were some of the kidnapped Christians worship.
That's why I keep saying that Nigerians should open their eyes to the Taqiyya (LIES & DECEPTION) going on in the name of fighting terrorism. Boko haram and Nigerian muslims are ONE and they are fighting for the same thing!
The saying that boko haram killed more muslims than christians is a LIE from the pit of hell!! Yes boko haram killed muslims but those muslims were against Boko haram and the percentage of muslims who are against boko haram is very tiny. The vast majority of Muslims support boko haram COVERTLY. That's why islamist regime like buhari's can fund boko haram and even release their fighters in the name of 'Repentant Terrorist.' But is there anything thing like repentant terrorist? The only way a terrorist can be said to have repent is if that terrorist renounce Islam. As long as they're muslims they're still terrorist. Remember Taqiyya (Deception) is islamist number one tool for waging war against infidels.
Before the birth of boko haram, the percentage of Christians Vs Muslims in Bornu for instance was 50-50%. Today Bornu's indegenous Christian population has been severly decimated no thanks to Boko haram islamist terrorist.
Boko haram's number one enemies are Christians.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by donbachi(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2019
Everything man take dey help him sef,dem go ban...nawao.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by saaron(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2019
LegendHer0:
This is just nonsense. The world is progressing while the North chose to remain backward in their thinking.

What is the effect of this policy? Will it stop fornication?

Well all man to himself. They are grown ups and they can decide how to live their life. In as much as they don’t bring the craze to the national scene, then everyone should be good.
Believe it or not Buhari's sole reason for constesting presidential elections is to advance the cause of Islamic Sharia law all over Nigeria and Fulanization. Nothing more nothing less. He doesn't care about economy or wellbeing of all Nigerians especially Middle Belt and Southern Nigerian christians.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2019
When will thos people enter the 21st century.

Is that the problem of kano state?

Nawa ooo. Thank fully saudi Arabia has banned/prohibited the marriage of persons under 18 years, kano state should copy that one.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Kendumazy(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2019
This is just nonsense!
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2019
If they like, let them ban pleasantries, an Aisha or Nafisa that wants to be knacked will still be knacked thoroughly.

Hypocrites!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by LegendHer0: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2019
saaron:
Believe it or not Buhari's sole reason for constesting presidential elections is to advance the cause of Islamic Sharia law all over Nigeria and Fulanization. Nothing more nothing less. He doesn't care about economy or wellbeing of all Nigerians especially Middle Belt and Southern Nigerian christians.

It’s not possible to implement shariah law nationally. No one can do that in Nigeria not even Buhari.

The issue bedeviling Nigerians is the constant paranoia and the attribution of too much powers to the Fulanis like we always do.

How exactly will Buhari implement Shariah on the south with the Christian population? Even we the Muslims in the south won’t accept Shariah law let alone the Christians.

No matter how I try to fathom it, it just dosen’t make sense and I don’t see any government that will forcefully implement shariah law or Islamization on the south. Not even during the military government let alone democratic regime.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 26, 2019
What will I say. Let abokis fight their battle
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by muykem: 11:29am On Dec 26, 2019
Misplaced of priority. I don't hate Islam but the hypocrisy in the religion is very alarming.
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 11:29am On Dec 26, 2019
LegendHer0:

It’s not possible to implement shariah law nationally. No one can do that in Nigeria not even Buhari.

The issue bedeviling Nigerians is the constant paranoia and the attribution of too much powers to the Fulanis like we always do.

How exactly will Buhari implement Shariah on the south with the Christian population? Even we the Muslims in the south won’t accept Shariah law let alone the Christians.

No matter how I try to fathom it, it just dosen’t make sense and I don’t see any government that will forcefully implement shariah law or Islamization on the south. Not even during the military government let alone democratic regime.
self denial. grin
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by JubrinElSudan: 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2019
Why not employ or give out keke to female drivers with a different colour so that ladies will use them.

Collecting contract money is Islamic?
Re: Kano Govt Bans Opposite Sexes From Plying Same Tricycles – Official by Liposure: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2019
So man n woman entering a tricycle is now an offence?

(1) (Reply)

50 Years On Since Biafra: 3 Things Ojukwu Did To Avoid War With Nigeria / Amotekun: Igbos Launch Own Security Service_Scannews / BREAKING: INEC presents Certificate Of Return to PDP’s Douye Diri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.