Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence (656 Views)

Naomi Campbell Joins Akon To Refer To Wizkid As "Lil Brother" / Twitter Slams MI Abaga For Calling Out Akon For Referring To Wizkid As “lil bro / Watch Temi Otedola Twerking For Mr Eazi As Lil Kesh Smoking Like A Thief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence by Naijalikeplay07: 1:00am On Dec 27, 2019
Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence, Work Ethics, Rap skills

I think when I first started out, I just wanted to be as important as Lil Wayne. Because I felt like nobody was ever going to be as big as Lil Wayne during ‘Lollipop’ times, ‘Tha Carter III’ times. You know I just never seen rap be that, it was such a bright flash ball, I just never seen it look so massive and so big.
Remember I’m on tour with the guy, so I’m at his shows, I’m watching everything. By the way I don’t think that anybody ever in music, from now and before and the future, I don’t know if there will ever be anybody that will work harder than that guy. So that was a big thing that I paid attention to as well, he has the most insane work ethic.
There was nothing like Wayne, I used to watch Wayne cut like 4 or 5 classics in one night, joints that would just go on to be mind-blowing. He would get 4 verses off and 2 months, 3 months later those songs would come out, I can’t believe these songs are like ‘Make It Rain’.
I think initially my goal was to be a protégé that didn’t flop. I just wanted to be somebody that was remotely as important as my mentor. From there I think a lot of things changed when Wayne went to jail.
My current situation? Well, I’ll always be involved with YMCMB imprint. But I’m just signed direct to Universal. That situation was a lot of mess that needed to be cleaned up over the years.”
Watch the video below
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jdRMnpgAn/?igshid=cjvbk29nr1zo

https://naijalikeplay.com/2019/12/26/drake-speaks-lil-wayne-influence-work-ethics/

Re: Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence by unity004(m): 1:04am On Dec 27, 2019
this will never make Front Page
Re: Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence by Naijalikeplay07: 2:18pm On Dec 27, 2019
unity004:
this will never make Front Page
Why
Re: Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence by Freshfish4: 2:43pm On Dec 27, 2019
Drake is even more important than lil Wayne presently
Re: Drake Wanted To Be As Important As Lil Wayne, Speaks On His Influence by Realbelieveer(m): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2019
Freshfish4:
Drake is even more important than lil Wayne presently
jus like burna and fela abi? music get time bro- one day jus play lil Wayne's songs. u will no why drake called him his mentor

(1) (Reply)

I’m Tired Of Being Single – Nigerian Rapper, Falz Opens Up / See The New Way Of Greetings And Shaking To Avoid Coronavirus "The Wuhan Shake" / Coronavirus: See 7 Nigerian Celebrities Giving Cash To The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.