Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life (267 Views)

Did You Have A Defining Moment Or Experience In 2022? / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? / 2 Things To Check In Your Life, If Things Are Not Going Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by mumumugu(m): 1:26am On Dec 27, 2019
What key event influenced whom you are today?

Tell us about a defining moment in your life. It can be an experience that shaped your values, a conversation that determined your career, an event that changed the course of your life or anything else that you believe has defined who you are.
We might be defined by a word of encouragement from a colleague or, just as likely, from a word of discouragement. We might be defined by a moment of glorious victory or one of horrendous failure. We might also be defined by a moment of perfect intuition or one where our best judgment was ultimately found faulty. Or perhaps, the moment we commit ourselves to a goal or the moment we decide to go another direction.
We could also be defined by the moment when we decide to make our team's experience different than the ones we had in the past or the moment we experience a positive example and decide to model it for our own team. Or we may be defined by the moment a boss lets us know he believes in us or even the moment of honest self-reflection that urges us to take action.
Defining moments, indirectly or directly, create a new direction or perspective for us
Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by czarina(f): 1:45am On Dec 27, 2019
Mine would be T. M. I if I share it so I'll just wait to read those shared by others.

Great thread op
Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by mumumugu(m): 1:47am On Dec 27, 2019
A guy whom I considered my best friend. One day, I travelled on a Tuesday. he never bothered to call me during the journey to inquire if I arrived safely .I text him asked him for #200 card as I was in an emergency situation. then needed to buy data to use my mobile app to transfer money from one bank account to another to enable me withdraw using ATM. next day, Sunday as the traders near me were not yet open. He replied that the only #200, he had on him was for mid servicechurch offertory, and he none to spare.

This is a guy I have spent my last cash on on so many ocassion including a police case he was involved with. I have even missed work for his sake.

I decided to extend the SMS to many of my friends just to see their reaction. It became clear to me that I had no friend- no helper. those who came to my help were associates,I won't call them friends as their lifestyle was " WORLDLY"

That was a defining moment in my life. I stopped pleasing anybody.I began to strive for myself. True brotherhood exists more among cultist than among brethren.

Before I stick my head for anyone, I will first ask myself if he has done the same for me in the past.
no more a mugu

1 Like

Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by RoyalBlu(f): 6:12am On Dec 27, 2019
For me, that should be sometime in 2017.

My eyes were opened to the fact that some of the most poisonous people that can hurt you big always comes disguised as friends and family.

The experience dealt seriously with my trust values.

I know now, the one I can trust completely without any fear is God. My sons. *****

1 Like

Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by Lonelypacifist6: 10:40am On Dec 27, 2019
mumumugu:
A guy whom I considered my best friend. One day, I travelled on a Tuesday. he never bothered to call me during the journey to inquire if I arrived safely .I text him asked him for #200 card as I was in an emergency situation. then needed to buy data to use my mobile app to transfer money from one bank account to another to enable me withdraw using ATM. next day, Sunday as the traders near me were not yet open. He replied that the only #200, he had on him was for mid servicechurch offertory, and he none to spare.

This is a guy I have spent my last cash on on so many ocassion including a police case he was involved with. I have even missed work for his sake.

I decided to extend the SMS to many of my friends just to see their reaction. It became clear to me that I had no friend- no helper. those who came to my help were associates,I won't call them friends as their lifestyle was " WORLDLY"

That was a defining moment in my life. I stopped pleasing anybody.I began to strive for myself. True brotherhood exists more among cultist than among brethren.

Before I stick my head for anyone, I will first ask myself if he has done the same for me in the past.
no more a mugu
Seriously dude this post is talking to me 99.9 percent of my friends call me when they need something the rest don't even call at all, Whereas I'll be worried about them if I don't see them online or hear from them This coming year I'm cutting Alot of people off completely
Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by mumumugu(m): 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2019
czarina:
Mine would be T. M. I if I share it so I'll just wait to read those shared by others.

Great thread op

waiting
Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by mumumugu(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2019
RoyalBlu:
For me, that should be sometime in 2017.

My eyes were opened to the fact that some of the most poisonous people that can hurt you big always comes disguised as friends and family.

The experience dealt seriously with my trust values.

I know now, the one I can trust completely without any fear is God. My sons. *****

so sad, trust and loyalty which bind family those days no longer exist.

1 Like

Re: What Defining Moment Shaped Your Life by czarina(f): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2019
mumumugu:

waiting
I mean, I'm not sharing. I'll be here to read the experiences shared by others though....

(1) (Reply)

The African Child / Close To Third World War! US Murder Iran Commander And They Want To Revenge / Swimming Pool Painting, Road Marking, Car Park.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.