Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,250 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

HP, Lenovo Or Acer? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / HP, Lenovo Or Acer? (979 Views)

HP Pentium Or Acer Celeron? / SOLD OUT - USED Laptops From USA - HP, Lenovo, From 50k / Original Hp /lenovo/logictec /dell/microsoft Wireless & Wired On Docconcepts.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by janeobasi24: 8:43am On Dec 27, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders.... Pls I need help..... My hubby wants to get me a brand new laptop but he insists on HP.....
I don't like HP because of my past experience with it....
Before my final year, I bought a brand new HP laptop, before 8 months, the keyboard developed fault likewise the speaker..... I didn't enjoy the lappy at all.... HP batteries hardly last more than 3hours.....
Should I just manage the HP he wants to get for me?
Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by luvyaself95(m): 8:48am On Dec 27, 2019
Tell him what you like and dislike afterall he is not the one that will be using it.

well i suggest lenovo or dell.
Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by janeobasi24: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2019
luvyaself95:
Tell him what you like and dislike afterall he is not the one that will be using it.

He insists on HP..... He doesn't want to hear another brand.....
Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by janeobasi24: 9:04am On Dec 27, 2019
Pls I need your suggestions......
Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by Darkseid(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2019
In my opinion; Dell > Lenovo > HP > Acer
1. In terms of functionality and best value for money, you'll get something better with Dell.
2. In terms of designs, I'll give it to Dell
3. HP's only advantage is in getting parts and ease of repairs.

I sell laptops so it's from my experience. If you need neat UK Used laptops, check my signature.

1 Like

Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by luvyaself95(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2019
janeobasi24:

He insists on HP..... He doesn't want to hear another brand.....

then tell him if he truly want to buy laptop for you he should get you what you want.
Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by Codepain: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
luvyaself95:

But he will be the one to get another one if it crash again.
Op, Hp is dope
Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by anonymousey: 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2019
janeobasi24:
Good morning Nairalanders.... Pls I need help..... My hubby wants to get me a brand new laptop but he insists on HP.....
I don't like HP because of my past experience with it....
Before my final year, I bought a brand new HP laptop, before 8 months, the keyboard developed fault likewise the speaker..... I didn't enjoy the lappy at all.... HP batteries hardly last more than 3hours.....
Should I just manage the HP he wants to get for me?

Really it's not just about whether it's HP, Dell or Lenovo.
You also have to consider the series. for new laptops price often is an indicator of the quality because of the product categories.
HP Elitebook, Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude, are relatively high end business laptops and are more durable than HP 250/15 series, Lenovo Ideapad and Dell Inspiron 3000 or others.
There are also non-business consumer laptops like HP Envy/Spectre, Dell Inspiron 7000 series/XPS/Gaming laptops, Lenovo Yoga/Legion etc.

If you buy a low budget model from any of the manufacturers it definitely won't be as durable as a high-end or mid range model.

The real questions are: How much is your budget? What do you want in a laptop?

Any of the 3 manufacturers and even others are ok, it just depends on what you buy.

Sorry for the long story.

1 Like

Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by 1x2x3: 2:10pm On Dec 27, 2019
Darkseid:
In my opinion; Dell > Lenovo > HP > Acer
1. In terms of functionality and best value for money, you'll get something better with Dell.
2. In terms of designs, I'll give it to Dell
3. HP's only advantage is in getting parts and ease of repairs.

I sell laptops so it's from my experience. If you need neat UK Used laptops, check my signature.

I sell laptops also and you are 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: HP, Lenovo Or Acer? by simiolu1(m): 8:00am On Jan 02, 2020
anonymousey:

Really it's not just about whether it's HP, Dell or Lenovo.
You also have to consider the series. for new laptops price often is an indicator of the quality because of the product categories.
HP Elitebook, Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude, are relatively high end business laptops and are more durable than HP 250/15 series, Lenovo Ideapad and Dell Inspiron 3000 or others.
There are also non-business consumer laptops like HP Envy/Spectre, Dell Inspiron 7000 series/XPS/Gaming laptops, Lenovo Yoga/Legion etc.

If you buy a low budget model from any of the manufacturers it definitely won't be as durable as a high-end or mid range model.

The real questions are: How much is your budget? What do you want in a laptop?

Any of the 3 manufacturers and even others are ok, it just depends on what you buy.

Sorry for the long story.

While I understand your point, I'll also like to say that knowing how to use a laptop and maintaining it counts too.

I've had a Dell Inspiron n4050 since 2012; bought it brand new for 85k and that thing has really surprised me with its longetivity. Though disc drive as stopped working and I've replaced keyboard and battery a couple of times, it's still going strong.

(1) (Reply)

Pickmeup Online Taxi.company Launches In Akure Ondo State. / Xsmax 256gb Selling Cheap / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.