Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? (928 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / Monthly Payment For Home Laundry & Dry Cleaning Services In Lagos / Snake Catchers Battle With Huge Python Found In Australian Family Laundry Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by LocalMan007(m): 3:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
Okay, first, I heard they are no more doing Jumia Travel. I also heard they just shut Jumia Food in some of the countries they operate. But localman woke this morning and this ad is everywhere I turn to online.

How come they didn't inform us before dropping this one? So they now want to get involved in every sector. I also heard that Jumia Pay is being rolled out as a stand alone.

Abeg, Abuja people, who has used their service? Localman is not understanding Jumia people again o. I even went to their website, the press statement there na. . . I still come see dettol for everywhere for the website. This one na colabo? grin

https://jumiaclean.com/on-demand-laundry-dry-cleaning/

Lalasticlala

Coman see snake o � grin

Please, make una talk o

1 Share

Re: Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by LocalMan007(m): 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2019
Please, someone should say something sensible. Who has used their service abi nobody dey stay for Abuja on this Nairaland? How good are they ?
Re: Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by uncjay(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Computergeek

I must confess you are one of a kind, no, I'm not trying to cajole you, you're an inspiration and I'm grateful I meet you on this faceless forum. I'm not a regular on dairy section, I don't even do dairy. But someone I followed share Meynation's (what a beautiful soul she is) comment one time, going through it I was stunt by her words and eventually her person, little did I know I was yet to meet amazing women like her here. I was glue to her dairy (so painful she had to delete it) and her comment about you made me search you out. Was I blessed I did? Hell Yes! I was, I am. I am an avid reader of your dairy, in short, I'm a fan.You are truly amazing. I admired and truly envy you. We all don't have equal graces but with the little we have, we can change the world for better.

It pained me during the t and d challenge you entertained I wasn't opportune to be online till it pass. However going through the answers you provided for others I'm truly overwhelmed. Someone said you are good with words, that's an understatement, you're words goddess, and as the person rightly said, your work should be published. You are good.

Well here I am seeking for your good favour to answer my three and perhaps subsequent questions. Please in order for you to understand the angle from which I ask these questions, I will like to share few personal things. I will be 30 by September the year, and I've been struggling till now. I'm fascinated by the world of programming (that's why I use 'envy' up there), I've been on it for like six years now and sadly I'm on the zero phase of it, in fact, bar-zero phase of it. I'm not a very sharp guy and I'm not really sensitive to things until it brought to my notice, I wasn't privileged to be properly adviced, not that I did bad things, no, I am just a crawler( very painful weakness). All I wanted to do was to finish school and go into it, I was dumb. After school other challenges start setting in, and I'm tight fisted. I took up teaching to help myself but it killing me, I'm stressed and depressed, I have no time for other things, the school (being a private school) drains me completely. Most times I return home have pounding headaches and pains. And the pay is nothing to right home about as I cannot sustain myself.

I'm so sorry I bore you with my nonsense, please bear with me. I'm the type that can't multitask (but I'm willing to do it anyway), I'm often prone to crashing, I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I'm not lazy, I can't just get hold on that pillar of breakthrough. 2018, I went to NIIT office here in Lagos in their FESTAC branch to enrol, but the financial involvement for just the basics alone (I mean, according to the lady, little intro to graphic designs, HTML, CSS) running into about 300k put me off. As I type now I only have #200 in my account (pls I'm not saying this to gain your pity, what I want is your honest opinions, and tips that can help me). Programming requires dedication and resilience, I'm ready to give all, but I need a sustainable source of income, even if it just one, which I don't have. I'm thinking of quitting the teaching job I have, I don't have passion for it, I'm just left with it to make a living. Now I'm tired. Sorry my words are too much. Please again bear with me.

Now my questions:

1. You told someone that when you started learning programming you had no laptop, how were able to manage through? What did you use, a phone? (Because I've always thought web development requires laptop as many features maybe absent on phone)

2. For an individual who support herself up with the financial burdens, at the beginning, how were you able to sustain it?

3. You talk about marketing oneself while replying another questioner. For someone like me, who obviously have no clue about marketing, also, I'm introverted to the core, like, I don't talk to people.(I've been in my street for 11 years now, I have no single friend there, that's how bad I get), how can I build such skills?

Anticipating your reply.
Thank you very much...

PS: please I will really appreciate it if you don't reply here or quote this post to your dairy, so as not to attract attention. Just a mention will do. I'm sorry I may be demanding too much, I just don't like the attention. Or if you want, you can simply send me the reply via an emai- unclejays00@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
uncjay:
Computergeek

I must confess you are one of a kind, no, I'm not trying to cajole you, you're an inspiration and I'm grateful I meet you on this faceless forum. I'm not a regular on dairy section, I don't even do dairy. But someone I followed share Meynation's (what a beautiful soul she is) comment one time, going through it I was stunt by her words and eventually her person, little did I know I was yet to meet amazing women like her here. I was glue to her dairy (so painful she had to delete it) and her comment about you made me search you out. Was I blessed I did? Hell Yes! I was, I am. I am an avid reader of your dairy, in short, I'm a fan.You are truly amazing. I admired and truly envy you. We all don't have equal graces but with the little we have, we can change the world for better.

It pained me during the t and d challenge you entertained I wasn't opportune to be online till it pass. However going through the answers you provided for others I'm truly overwhelmed. Someone said you are good with words, that's an understatement, you're words goddess, and as the person rightly said, your work should be published. You are good.

Well here I am seeking for your good favour to answer my three and perhaps subsequent questions. Please in order for you to understand the angle from which I ask these questions, I will like to share few personal things. I will be 30 by September the year, and I've been struggling till now. I'm fascinated by the world of programming (that's why I use 'envy' up there), I've been on it for like six years now and sadly I'm on the zero phase of it, in fact, bar-zero phase of it. I'm not a very sharp guy and I'm not really sensitive to things until it brought to my notice, I wasn't privileged to be properly adviced, not that I did bad things, no, I am just a crawler( very painful weakness). All I wanted to do was to finish school and go into it, I was dumb. After school other challenges start setting in, and I'm tight fisted. I took up teaching to help myself but it killing me, I'm stressed and depressed, I have no time for other things, the school (being a private school) drains me completely. Most times I return home have pounding headaches and pains. And the pay is nothing to right home about as I cannot sustain myself.

I'm so sorry I bore you with my nonsense, please bear with me. I'm the type that can't multitask (but I'm willing to do it anyway), I'm often prone to crashing, I don't know what is wrong with me. I know I'm not lazy, I can't just get hold on that pillar of breakthrough. 2018, I went to NIIT office here in Lagos in their FESTAC branch to enrol, but the financial involvement for just the basics alone (I mean, according to the lady, little intro to graphic designs, HTML, CSS) running into about 300k put me off. As I type now I only have #200 in my account (pls I'm not saying this to gain your pity, what I want is your honest opinions, and tips that can help me). Programming requires dedication and resilience, I'm ready to give all, but I need a sustainable source of income, even if it just one, which I don't have. I'm thinking of quitting the teaching job I have, I don't have passion for it, I'm just left with it to make a living. Now I'm tired. Sorry my words are too much. Please again bear with me.

Now my questions:

1. You told someone that when you started learning programming you had no laptop, how were able to manage through? What did you use, a phone? (Because I've always thought web development requires laptop as many features maybe absent on phone)

2. For an individual who support herself up with the financial burdens, at the beginning, how were you able to sustain it?

3. You talk about marketing oneself while replying another questioner. For someone like me, who obviously have no clue about marketing, also, I'm introverted to the core, like, I don't talk to people.(I've been in my street for 11 years now, I have no single friend there, that's how bad I get), how can I build such skills?

Anticipating your reply.
Thank you very much...

PS: please I will really appreciate it if you don't reply here or quote this post to your dairy, so as not to attract attention. Just a mention will do. I'm sorry I may be demanding too much, I just don't like the attention. Or if you want, you can simply send me the reply via an emai- unclejays00@gmail.com. Thank you
Hey. Thanks so much for the kind words. Your mention got me elated. I'll do well to get back to you soon. Thanks once again and stay safe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by uncjay(m): 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2020
computergeek:
Hey. Thanks so much for the kind words. Your mention got me elated. I'll do well to get back to you soon. Thanks once again and stay safe!

Good Afternoon ma,

Just to remind you about my questions, please don't forget.

thank you.
Re: Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
uncjay:

Good Afternoon ma,

Just to remind you about my questions, please don't forget.

thank you.

Hello. Sorry I took so long. I just keep getting too many mentions. Well, firstly, I was reading pdfs and e-books from my phone. My aunt then gave me her laptop to use for a while, and when she collected it back, that gingered me to hustle for my own.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking but discipline is my answer. I maintained my jobs and did very well, and I always lived within my means. I was even paying for some of my family members welfare, so I couldn't afford to fail.

3. You have to read wide and watch as much motivational videos as you can. I've never been with that problem so I can't really tell, but reading always helps widen your horizons.

Also, this below may help.

computergeek:
IT may seem overwhelming at first. But here's what you can do: I wrote this for someone else so it should work for you too.

"Hello Dear. I love that you realized on time how important it is to look outside the useless theories that are being taught in school.

While I encourage you to work hard to come out with the best possible grade, don't rely on it because you'll end up being at square one in the field.

That said, I'll encourage you embrace research, but I'll leave you with some guide lines. The field of IT is so vast that it's always a stress to choose an area to focus on.

But if you really want to make out a solid nice for yourself in this day and time, I'll advice you to get started learning an area of programming. Programming, in simple terms is you writing code to change the world.

-Data science
-Web development
-App development

You can choose one out of these three or even do all if you want. But I'll advise you to focus on one and make sure you're already a guru before moving to another.

You can learn online or attend a good computer training center. For learning online, I suggest you don't pack too much material and start with the ones that are easiest and understandable.

For Data science, this area involves some of the highest earning programmers out there. They are people who make predictions and find corporate solutions by mining complex data structures. I'll advise you to start Learning Python, and then Data science with Python. Don't just learn the syntax and know the functionalities, watch and read tutorials on live projects. That's the best way to learn.

For web development, you can start with HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP/Node.Js and MySQL, and then there relevant frameworks (ways of writing code easily). The first three are front-end while the last two are back back-end languages. The total thing is full-stack.

For app development, you can choose a native language such as Java or C++, But these languages will mean that you'll have to write code for Windows and Mac separately, or for Android and iOS if you're doing mobile development.

You can learn hybrid languages such as Flutter and React Native for building apps that can run on all platforms without writing separate codes.

I won't lie to you, programming is difficult. I've had many people come to me with complaints, claiming they can't do this anymore. I tell them the same thing: you need to build passion and determination, else you won't be happy with it.

However there are other areas, such as graphic design, networking, animation, machine learning (used for artificial intelligence), editing, and so much more.

You can visit the YouTube channels: Traversy Media, FreeCodeCamp, and just search online for the best programming channels.

If you have any further questions, I'll answer when I can."
Re: Has Jumia Entered The Laundry & Dry Cleaning Market? by uncjay(m): 2:18am On Apr 13, 2020
computergeek:

Hello. Sorry I took so long. I just keep getting too many mentions. Well, firstly, I was reading pdfs and e-books from my phone. My aunt then gave me her laptop to use for a while, and when she collected it back, that gingered me to hustle for my own.

2. I'm not sure what you're asking but discipline is my answer. I maintained my jobs and did very well, and I always lived within my means. I was even paying for some of my family members welfare, so I couldn't afford to fail.

3. You have to read wide and watch as much motivational videos as you can. I've never been with that problem so I can't really tell, but reading always helps widen your horizons.

Also, this below may help.

Thank you ma.

(1) (Reply)

. / Have You Done This To Your Spouse Today / Men: The Only Sex That Never Stops Sucking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.