Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,561 members, 7,820,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem (843 Views)

Is A Low Chipset With High Ram Better Than A High Chipset With Low Ram? / Mediatek Announces The Dimensity 820 5G Chipset / Mediatek Announces Helio P95 Soc With Amazing Specs(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by Rubiesangel: 3:16pm On Dec 27, 2019
MediaTek has announced new Dimensity 800 chipset which it hopes will compete with Huawei’s Kirin 800 series and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 7 series. This announcement was made at a quick press conference in Beijing and the company hopes to have it powering mid-range devices in 2020.

The specifications have not yet been revealed but the chipset will be coming with an integrated 5G modem. It is expected to be a good alternative to the Dimensity 1000/L found in Oppo Reno3. At the press conference, it was announced that a performance demo will be shown at the 2020 CES which will be taking place in Las Vegas.

From what is known so far; its modem is Helio M70. It has a download speed which can go as high as 4.7Gbps and a 2.5Gbps of uplink. It comes with support for SA and NSA networks and is NR 2 Component Carrier compliant.

In terms of speed, the chipset comes with four Cortex-A77 and four Cortex-A55 cores. According to MediaTek, it brings up to 20% improvement performance-wise and battery life when compared to chipsets running the Cortex-A76.

Source: https://howtotechnaija.com/mediatek-dimensity-800-chipset/

Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2019
Excellent.

I cant wait to run Consciousness Modules on my neuronetwork and program my own robots, created in my image.
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by yusluvad(m): 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2019
Good one from the Mediatek chipset...
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by nnaomaog(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
Wow...this is good as the keep upgrading the tech
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by sunshineV(f): 7:05pm On Dec 27, 2019
Transsion holdings will ignore this like a plague
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2019
sunshineV:
Transsion holdings will ignore this like a plague

We can't say yet.
I wish Tecno can adopt it for their flagship next year.
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by sunshineV(f): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2019
Abiodunspectre:

We can't say yet.
I wish Tecno can adopt it for their flagship next year.

And it will go on sale for half a million
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by Blastedholligan: 2:16pm On Dec 29, 2019
sunshineV:

And it will go on sale for half a million
hahaha, you wish. But never say never
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by sunshineV(f): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2019
Blastedholligan:
hahaha, you wish. But never say never
They sell crap for 70k with this processor how much do you think this will go for? I'm guessing about 350k or they will ignore this processor like plague
Re: Mediatek Announces Dimensity 800 Chipset With Integrated 5G Modem by Blastedholligan: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2019
sunshineV:

They sell crap for 70k with this processor how much do you think this will go for? I'm guessing about 350k or they will ignore this processor like plague
to each there own opinion sha

(1) (Reply)

Use Whatsapp Web On Your Laptop Without Download / Original Nokia 3310 / itel P36 Series- The Best Smartphone Solution For Power Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.