Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference (6531 Views)

Yoruba Christians Vs Yoruba Muslims / Christmas: Northern Christians Disown Kukah Over Statement On Buhari’s Administr / Karma Made Middle Belt And Northern Christians Busy ,"if Not Igbos Go Here Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by Blackking98(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2019
Atigba:

Edo State gave birth to south south, part of south west and part of south east.
lol shut up abeg. As an IBIBIO man what is my business with Edo state. Know how u run your mouth.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by pseudaria: 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
Bazamfare:
Lol.. just listen this fool!! And ur parents will think they have sent you to school!! I'm not surprised that since u were exposed as 5% in population, you have been desperately trying to attach urself by force with the SS to increase ur numbers, while bringing others down!!

There is nothing like kafanchan and southern Borno in the constitution, but Borno and Kaduna state.. all these places are governed by the overall laws and regulation governing the region, since its a majority hausa/fulani/Muslim states, we have the right to have an emir in every nook and cranny we feel like and there us nothing anybody can do about it!!

You can claim Muslims are merely 20% in the northfor all we care, but that won't change reality on ground!!! For those that get their information from RadioBiafra, I don't expect much

You are the bloody fool. Oppressing Christian minorities and forcing your illiterate emirs on them will surely have a repercussion soon. No wonder there is such humiliating poverty and hardship coupld with illiteracy disease and banditry, when there are irredeemable foolish Muslims all over the place, what a curse to this country

1 Like

Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by TooMuchStuff: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2019
pseudaria:

You are the bloody fool. Oppressing Christian minorities and forcing your illiterate emirs on them will surely have a repercussion soon. No wonder there is such humiliating poverty and hardship coupld with illiteracy disease and banditry, when there are irredeemable foolish Muslims all over the place, what a curse to this country
The Emirs are not only illiterates but Islamic overlords who adjudicate and arbitrate with strict Sharia Laws.
In some cases the Sarki can be brought from Niger Republic or Chad or farther Arid regions of Africa. This was the practice in the days of precolonial era till 90s leading to Sharia crisis in Kaduna.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by proudevil: 8:42pm On Dec 31, 2019
INTEGRITYA1:

Op is correct with the information provided. I am a Yoruba and before my NYSC, I used to think that; from Niger State to the far northern States, they are all Hausa/Fulani; I never even knew we have good numbers of people from those regions who are Christians. But after been posted to Sokoto State my orientation change[b], I have friends from Nasarawa, Jigawa, Benue[/b] and so on who are Christians; in fact they are ready to fight you if you keep calling them Hausas after they've corrected you over time.
if you believe the Only tribes in the North are Hausa and fulani, and you belived there are no christians from these tribes then you must be a tribalist. I didn't write anything bad against the op, I'm just reminding op that we have more than two tribes, more than two religion, more diversity, and the most united.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
proudevil:
if you believe the Only tribes in the North are Hausa and fulani, and you belived there are no christians from these tribes then you must be a tribalist. I didn't write anything bad against the op, I'm just reminding op that we have more than two tribes, more than two religion, more diversity, and the most united.

Most likely you find it difficult to read and understand my text. I will suggest you take time to read through again and again.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by Naajjii: 1:28am On Jan 01, 2020
Nowenuse:
This thread was on frontpage yesterday

https://www.nairaland.com/5600225/indigenous-hausa-christians-kano-mark

And from the comments on this thread, it is very very clear that majority of Nigerians especially the Southern Nigerians and shockingly even some Core-northern Hausa fulani muslims do not even know the difference between Hausa Christians and Northern/Middlebelt christians who speak Hausa as 2nd language. I had to correct an uncountable number of people on that thread.
How can Nigeria progress as a nation when people do not even know and understand each other very well?

There is a very big difference between the two for those who don't understand.

FOR STARTERS, If you have a Christian friend from the states of PLATEAU, NASARAWA, FCT, TARABA, ADAMAWA, SOUTHERN KADUNA, SOUTHERN GOMBE, SOUTHERN BORNO, SOUTHERN KEBBI, EASTERN & NORTHERN NIGER, SOUTHERN BAUCHI & SOUTHERN YOBE, he or she is not a Hausa person and can never be a Hausa person no matter how much Hausa he or she speaks or no matter how Hausa their names appear.
These people have their own native languages and cultures which have no relationship whatsoever with Hausa, they only learnt to speak Hausa as a 2nd language.

All the areas mentioned above are predominantly Christian except for Southern Bauchi, Southern Yobe and Niger where the Christians are in a slight minority or a 50/50 indigenously.

So if you have a friend or acquaintance from this area, you can do well to ask him or her what tribe he/she is, rather than ignorantly concluding him to be a Hausa person because he speaks Hausa or has a Hausa name.

But if your friend who is a christian is an indigene of Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Zamfara, Sokoto or Zaria (northern Kaduna) and Northern Kebbi, then it is most likely that your friend is a real Hausa Christian who has no other ethnicity, culture or language other than Hausa.
(Except in some rare cases when the person may be from these areas and still NOT be a Hausa person, because there are communities of Southern Kaduna and Southern Kebbi tribes that spill over into Northern Kaduna, Kano & Zamfara states.)

Real Hausa Christians are quite few in number but they number at around 2 million or more people and are mostly found in the rural areas of
KATSINA (Kankia, Kafur, Malumfashi, Funtua e.t.c LGAs)
KANO (Sumaila, Bebeji, Garko, Doguwa, Tudunwada LGAs) and
NORTHERN KADUNA/ZARIA (Makarfi, Kudan, Ikara, Zaria & Sabongari LGAs), where they have their largest numbers and fewer numbers in Jigawa, Zamfara & Sokoto states.

These Hausa Christians are almost invisible to the eyes of even their core-northern Hausa-fulani Muslims and neighbouring northern Christians from other tribes because most of them dress like Muslims and use Muslim names in order to avoid discrimination. You can never guess that some of these people are christians unless they tell you themselves (especially in the urban areas). These are some of the reasons why many core-northern muslims even argue of their existence.

These people are the most persecuted minorities in Africa, but in order not to violate certain rules of Nairaland, this thread will not go that direction.

They together with the Fulani & Kanuri Christians of the Core-north (yes you read it right, FULANI CHRISTIANS) have a national association called the MASIHIYAWA COMMUNITY.

The other northern Christians from different tribes who speak Hausa as a 2nd language and most Southern Nigerians tend to address as 'Hausa Christians' run into the tens of millions in population (around 20- 25 million people) and these are the ones who regularly have violent clashes with core-northern muslims in Bauchi, Plateau, Southern Kaduna, FCT, Adamawa, Taraba, Nasarawa, Gombe, Kebbi e.t.c.
This is because most of these tribes never came under Danfodio's jihad, their tribes are predominantly Christian, and they still have a strong sense of ethnic independence unlike the Hausa Christians who see themselves as a helpless minority in the midst of an overwhelmingly Islamic ethnic group.

There is no reputable Hausa Christian in politics or academia for such a population, except Clergymen This is due to the extreme marginalization.

Summary,
ALL HAUSA CHRISTIANS ARE NORTHERN CHRISTIANS BUT MAJORITY (90%) OF NORTHERN CHRISTIANS ARE NOT HAUSA CHRISTIANS.

Lastly, if you are a Southerner and you have a christian friend from Benue, Kogi, Kwara or Nupe (Niger south) and you still think he/she is a Hausa Christian, then you need serious help with your ignorance.
This is because people from these areas have no business or relationship whatsoever with Hausa language. Any of them you see speaking Hausa has traveled to live in the Hausa speaking areas of the north and learnt it there just as you will travel to the north to learn it there.
This Nyamiri religion bigot there you go again . You are totally obsessed with northern people. You think by going this way your Biafra dream would be achieved. Instead of joining hands with your Ipod leader mazi Nnamdi Kalu aka " Ego one of Abakaliki " to help in actualising your Biafra project. You are here deceiving yourself and obsessing on northern people. Kontinue
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by shugabasbn: 1:48am On Jan 01, 2020
ZombieTERROR:
Northern Christians are the most persecuted.....

Everyone knows that..

There is nothing like that, the problem is our ethnicity clashes in Religious color.
Re: Indigenous Hausa Christians Vs Northern Christians, Understanding The Difference by mrvitalis(m): 7:05am On Jan 01, 2020
jumper524:
I wasn't debunking the fact that there are several other tribes in the north or if there are hausa christians. Also there are many hausa christians in dutsu ma who are lecturers and christains.
They don't dominate cos they are minorities not because they are marginalized.
I also await the time when Igbo muslims from south east would be appointed into key govt positions or are the igbos not united?
Pls the north might have its problem but its gradually becoming a case of the past as we keep fighting against such negative actions.
What we need now is cooperation not misinterpreted and misinformed lies or rumors.

Commissioner of lands in abia is a Muslim ...a state where Muslims makes up less than 1% of the population

Now tell me a northern state in which Christians makes up less than 10% of the state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East / Babangida Campaign Takes Delivery Of 500 Cars / House Summons Anenih To Account For Abandoned Road Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.