Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy (27210 Views)

Tension In Kano As Ganduje Faces Impending Arraignment On April 17 / FG Admits Revenues Crashing, Says Nigeria Faces Hard Times / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Obasanjo, Says He's Healthy And Strong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Ken91(m): 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
This country is getting worse in the hand of politician, evils men in the hemp's of affairs.
But pls help a brother
today for ground tied rapa for my side
Fcmb
Nothing small god blessed u
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Meritocracy: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
Don't listen to the critism of a man who couldn't fix power supply and refineries for 8years. They are all failed leader.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 8:18am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

infrastructure cos huge money running into billions of dollars eg Kano Lagos standard guage rail at 5 billion USD or 18 trillion Naira, all this ikoyi petty cash and FIRS money cant deliver the project as the money comes in stream by stream which can cause project abandonment

Now that you mentioned Ghana and Rwanda try and google their debt to gdp ratio and their national debt, and how their fancy airports and rails are funded
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by touchmenot: 8:21am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool

nonsense talk oga pay back the 16 billion dollars you stole..

Is it not stupidity that makes Africans join IMF, World Bank, Paris club and demonstrate our commitment yet we are afraid to take single digit loans to fund critical infrastructures like US does?

If FG builts a mega power plant that can generate 3000 mega watt of power in each region through loan and borrowing and get steel complex like Ajaokuta working Nigeria would become super developed in less than 5 years and money we generate from power would pay back the loans and give us extra income

Small Rwanda and Ghana are leaving Big for nothing Nigeria behind through infrastructural Loans plans with National debt higher than Nigeria's yet we speak grammer everyday without taking any action

You are complete Olodo. You compare yourself with US? Are you for real? You didn't even bother to compare GDPs and other relevant economic indices of both countries.
If you actually follow the news, US debt profile is a serious worry to US at the moment. It's a key part of their political discuss and campaigns. The problem with you guys is that you copy blindly without asking questions.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by MobilityExpress: 8:25am On Dec 29, 2019
yarimo:
After you have bankrupts it abi? undecided nonsense embarassed

So someone that got the Paris Club to cancel Nigeria's $18b debt bankrupted you, bah? Your zombiesm has enter Next Level grin
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by paparazi1(m): 8:28am On Dec 29, 2019
Kwanza:

https://m.guardian.ng/breakingnews/nigeria-faces-impending-bankruptcy-says-obasanjo/
He will not hear.
He would have valued the advise if you have talked about cows and herdsmen
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 8:31am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

well atleast i can visibly see Abuja airport new terminal, i can see that of portharcout and i saw the one in lagos nearing completion.. again i have used my eyes to see the new standard guage rail in lagos- to ibadan and that of abuja - kaduna
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Ayobami7(m): 8:33am On Dec 29, 2019
hmmm
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by itsme01: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2019
touchmenot:

You are complete Olodo. You compare yourself with US? Are you for real? You didn't even bother to compare GDPs and other relevant economic indices of both countries.
If you actually follow the news, US debt profile is a serious worry to US at the moment. It's a key part of their political discuss and campaigns. The problem with you guys is that you copy blindly without asking questions.

oga Nigeria has an healthy debt to gdp ratio in fact too low for any serious developing country...

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 8:34am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

oga Nigeria has an healthy debt to gdp ratio in fact too low for any serious developing country...
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Amudeneogu: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2019
Nigeria has entered one chance
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by toye440: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2019
TUANKU:
But buhari/apc supporters are too blind with sentiment to see this till it's too late by then they will become victims of the same man they supported blindly.
How many of the zombies go school let alone understand what economy is about.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Chiboto414: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2019
Lynx001:
. someone help me out. This 2trillion we are removing from our budget are we paying back our debt or we are servicing it. Is there difference btw servicing debt and repaying. Very soon we will start seeing something lyk.

Your account 311XXXXX17 has been debited with 20,000.desc/repay nigeria's debt with china. avail bal:1080.
. My brother u are making sense ..this country need to be very careful with the way they borrowed anyhow...
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Amudeneogu: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Is it not stupidity that makes Africans join IMF, World Bank, Paris club and demonstrate our commitment yet we are afraid to take single digit loans to fund critical infrastructures like US does?

If FG builts a mega power plant that can generate 3000 mega watt of power in each region through loan and borrowing and get steel complex like Ajaokuta working Nigeria would become super developed in less than 5 years and money we generate from power would pay back the loans and give us extra income The ones they borrowed before what did they used it to do? please, talk realities don't just talk because you are a member of a political party or you have a sympathy for somebody. this what everybody that love this country is crying.

Small Rwanda and Ghana are leaving Big for nothing Nigeria behind through infrastructural Loans plans with National debt higher than Nigeria's yet we speak grammer everyday without taking any action

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by loswhite(m): 8:54am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:

well atleast i can visibly see Abuja airport new terminal, i can see that of portharcout and i saw the one in lagos nearing completion.. again i have used my eyes to see the new standard guage rail in lagos- to ibadan and that of abuja - kaduna
are they generating the revenue needed to pay the debt? If that is the case nobody will complain about debt servicing. It is lack of trust because we have been here before
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Kirinwa: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2019
TUANKU:
But buhari/apc supporters are too blind with sentiment to see this till it's too late by then they will become victims of the same man they supported blindly.

There's a reason they are called 'zombies'.

The painful part is that borrowing is not geared to business or investment but wasteful expenditure like #37 billion to furnish senators offices.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Basher8583: 8:59am On Dec 29, 2019
See all these comments on Nairaland. It apears its only people that hate buhari that thrives on nairaland......
You all better go and find honest work to do. Bunch of corrupt thieves.

Nigeria external debt never even reach that of the US and Europe.
And if you think the government is not investing in infrastructure then you must be genuinely and wilfully blind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by itsme01: 9:00am On Dec 29, 2019
loswhite:
are they generating the revenue needed to pay the debt? If that is the case nobody will complain about debt servicing. It is lack of trust because we have been here before

surely corruption breeds mistrust, however corruption doesnt stop Nigeria's growing need of infrastructural expansion... soon the rail would become very profitable as soon as it begins to move cargo
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

surely corruption breeds mistrust, however corruption doesnt stop Nigeria's growing need of infrastructural expansion... soon the rail would become very profitable as soon as it begins to move cargo
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Abubaushe(m): 9:04am On Dec 29, 2019
Kwanza:

https://m.guardian.ng/breakingnews/nigeria-faces-impending-bankruptcy-says-obasanjo/
Oga Obasanjo,
The $16billion of our national treasury you siphoned was part of the debt.
Pls say no more on this debt of which you contributed immensely.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Cantonese: 9:11am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool

If FG builts a mega power plant that can generate 3000 mega watt of power in each region through loan and borrowing and get steel complex like Ajaokuta working Nigeria would become super developed in less than 5 years and money we generate from power would pay back the loans and give us extra income

Bros leave that story. Without doubt Obasanjo has been the best of all our president. Even as a military head of state he left good legacies.

What has stopped this government from building at least one power station of 3000 megawatts in 4 years and 7 months?
All the loans taken in the past 4 years and 7 months kindly show us the infrastructure put in place. Everyday light say, light no say, yet the situation gets worse daily.

We must never pretend over the truth. The truth is that the greed and propensity of our leaders has brought this country down to this level.

Look at how many accused leaders holding positions in the executive and legislature. With such people how can we move forward. Now they plan to borrow more, plan some yeye programmes and most of the loaned amounts find their way into private pockets.

With due respect to our president, tribalism and nepotism should be set aside in appointing proper people into positions that can move this country forward.

When you deal with food and infrastructure there wil be peace in the land. For the first time in this country chicken farmers have been selling at 7,000 for broilers.

We truly need help in this country.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by hopexter(m): 9:13am On Dec 29, 2019
TUANKU:

Even if they see it, what should they do?
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by itsme01: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2019
Cantonese:

So what has stopped this government from building at least one power station of 3000 megawatts in 4 years and 7 months?
All the loans taken in the past 4 years and 7 months kindly show us the infrastructure put in place.

We must never pretend over the truth. The truth is that the greed and propensity of our leaders has brought this country down to this level.

Look at how many accused leaders holding positions in the executive and legislature. With such people how can we move forward. Now they plan to borrow more, plan some yeye programmes and most of the loaned amounts find their way into private pockets.

With due respect to our president, trubalism and nepotism should be set aside in appointing proper people into positions that can move this country forward.

When you deal with food and infrastructure there wil be peace in the land. For the first time in this country chicken farmers have been selling at 7,000 for broilers.

We truly need help in this country.

Atleast i have seen Abuja Kaduna rail, i have seen warri itapke and i have seen lagos - abeokuta - ibadan working just fine after decades of neglect.. and if you travel by hear you can see what Abuja airport now looks like same Portharcout and soon to be commissioned Lagos and Kano... you said we truly need help yet nuhari proposed a finacial idea of getting needed help and you are complaining

I never said Obasanjo is bad, but with increasing population and reducing revenue we need to fix our infrastructure to be able to diversify the economy
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Albedo27(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2019
Very soon we will start seeing something lyk.

Your account 311XXXXX17 has been debited with 20,000.desc/repay nigeria's debt with china. avail bal:1080.[/quote]
grin grin grin very hilarious

Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Kuginzi: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2019
GMbuharii:

Please be useful to mankind, thank you

I don't think you're part of mankind. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. The fact that I'm not in the same boat with u doesn't mean my opinion is of no use. Pls use your brain for once
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Staro: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2019
So sad
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Kuginzi: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2019
enemyofprogress:
do you know the meaning of bankruptcy or you just dey talk just for you to be noticed too?
Ok you're part of the gullible one. I'm sorry you've just wasted your time writing meaningless comment. I have yet to see here critical assessment of Obasanjo's $16,000000 meant for electricity. He's just an attention seeker. He thought we've forgotten the damages he made to Nigeria that led us to borrowing.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by Originalsly: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2019
Both the present and previous administrations are so guilty of plunging the country into deeper and deeper debt. I thought Buhari was doing good with taking tough measures with the steep drop of oil prices..... restricting the importation of rice etc to force us to be as self sufficient as possible and more or less putting some fear in the big time looters in high places. But this multi billion loan wiped out all he had done. Bankruptcy is what this one fear? Bankruptcy is just being broke. Many businesses file for bankruptcy.... reorganize themselves.... and rise again. Nigeria can do the same if it goes bankrupt. The thing is...Nigeria is being "sold". China or whoever will gladly give the amount Nigeria asks for... the more the better..... because they know it would be a win win. If Nigeria is able to service the debt.... then there would be a steady income for yearssss while the debt remain in place. If Nigeria is unable to service the debt... then the creditor... as they would ensure be in the contract.... would take possession of whatever they agreed upon.... parts of the country.... rights to explore and extract oil/minerals in whatever agreed region etc. Bottom line.... the country is being sold. What rights would generations to come then have? We should learn from how foreigners ... the Whites... got control over South Africa and Zimbabwe.... and shoved the locals into ghettos. I know....that can never ever happen in Nigeria... the Giant or Africa.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by CodeTemplar: 10:09am On Dec 29, 2019
Statistics can be master of lies - OBJ.

Well I hope God softens the heart of Buhari and he sees reason for a new and better approach towards governing Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by AgwoAkpi: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2019
[s]
itsme01:

Atleast i have seen Abuja Kaduna rail, i have seen warri itapke and i have seen lagos - abeokuta - ibadan working just fine after decades of neglect.. and if you travel by hear you can see what Abuja airport now looks like same Portharcout and soon to be commissioned Lagos and Kano... you said we truly need help yet nuhari proposed a finacial idea of getting needed help and you are complaining

I never said Obasanjo is bad, but with increasing population and reducing revenue we need to fix our infrastructure to be able to diversify the economy
[/s]
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by optimus106(m): 10:40am On Dec 29, 2019
OBJ should go and sit down

You brought the buhari so,
let us enjoy whatever he
has to offer Nigeria's.
Re: Obasanjo Says Nigeria Faces Impending Bankruptcy by JastSiryin(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Super developed in 5yrs!? What are you smoking?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bello El-Rufai Funds The Fencing Of Christian Cemetery In Kaduna. / Arrest Of Card Reader Company Technicians Won’t Affect Elections, Jega / APC May Lose Senate Presidency To PDP - Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.