Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career (634 Views)

Tithing Is Not Compulsory - D.K Olukoya / Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by megawealth01: 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
Rapper and actor LL Cool J appeared on Hot 97 in New York City for an interview last week where he discussed elements of his personal faith including his tithing.

When asked about his over 20 years career in the world of hip-hop and how he’s been able to maintain relevance all these years with his music and acting in shows such as NCIS, he credited God and also discussed the importance of giving, more specifically tithing.

“I mentioned earlier longevity, versatility and originality,” LL Cool J said. “What I didn’t mention was spirituality and believing in God.

He continued: “Every dime I get, no matter what it is, I give 10 percent to the church. I’m a life-long tither. I believe strongly in giving. I believe you got to have that faith. And I’ve seen it work in my life, because as much as people in the world like to take credit and claim to be geniuses, at the end of the day there’s a higher power than you, and you got to answer to that power.”

The interview also revealed that the hip-hop pioneer and legend attends Greater Allen African Methodist Episcopal Cathedral in Jamaica, Queen, New York, which is pastored by former Democratic congressman Floyd Flake.

LL Cool J further commented that he’s “unique” and “an anomaly” in the hip-hop industry because he’s been able to maintain his career while others are no longer in the business.

“I’ve been blessed to be able to transcend eras,” he said. “That’s like a blessing. I’m kind of an anomaly. I’m unique in that way. Sometimes the stars line-up. God gives people favor in different areas, and in that particular area he’s just blessed me to be able to relate consistently to all different generations.”

LL Cool J will be joining another self-proclaimed anomaly as he will be performing alongside Lecrae at this year’s Christmas in Brooklyn event in Brooklyn, New York, on Dec. 19. The show will feature other hip-hop legends, including LL Cool J’s former Def Jam label mates Run DMC.

https://ebeanonews..com/2019/12/ll-cool-j-says-tithing-is-key-to-his.html?m=1

Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by lyrical(m): 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
The church as regards the Bible to tithe symbolizes a lot. Not just the edifice!!

You can chose to tithe in so many ways like visiting the orphanage homes, training a kid not yours, what matters is not what you tithe or to whom BUT SACRIFICING A PERCENT OF WHAT YOU RECEIVE TO UNIVERSE!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
A) that man is NO LONGER relevant in the music game
B) how did tithing made any difference to his life?
the only reason that man was remotely successful in music is SOLELY because he kept his masters. NO OTHER REASON.

all these demons who suddenly want to call themselves xtians (Kanye etc and now this one)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 28, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
A) that man is NO LONGER relevant in the music game
B) how did tithing made any difference to his life?
the only reason that man was remotely successful in music is SOLELY because he kept his masters. NO OTHER REASON.

all these demons who suddenly want to call themselves xtians (Kanye etc and now this one)
I see no sense in this comment whatsoever...
For your A... LL Cool is a legend and a standard for a lotta mid-90s rappers, who then became a standard for the few good rappers today.
For your B....I don't believe that tithing brings you money, but for the latter part, its trash.. LL was a god to Pac, Tim Dog, Eminem, but wait sef, do you know even anything about rap history OR are you among the indomie children reciting "gucci gang" 3 billion times?..

P/S: And stop being so religious.. They can be Christians if they want to

Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by BitCraftman: 4:46am On Dec 28, 2019
Really. Thought rap was fully secular.
Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by megawealth01: 8:12am On Dec 28, 2019
BitCraftman:
Really. Thought rap was fully secular.
Not at all
Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:07am On Dec 30, 2019
IronPant:

I see no sense in this comment whatsoever...
For your A... LL Cool is a legend and a standard for a lotta mid-90s rappers, who then became a standard for the few good rappers today.
For your B....I don't believe that tithing brings you money, but for the latter part, its trash.. LL was a god to Pac, Tim Dog, Eminem, but wait sef, do you know even anything about rap history OR are you among the indomie children reciting "gucci gang" 3 billion times?..
P/S: And stop being so religious.. They can be Christians if they want to

stop writing rubbish online, as i said:
A) this man talks about longevity in the music business, while he hasnt been relevant in the music business for over 10years!
B) ll cool j was a lot of thing in his days, just like many other rappers who didnt pay tithe.... so again, TITHING as nothing to do with being successful in the music business.
C) just because rappers look up to someone has absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue at hand.

btw i dont give a damn if anyone wants to be religious, so long as they dont talk/write rubbish
Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 31, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

stop writing rubbish online, as i said:
A) this man talks about longevity in the music business, while he hasnt been relevant in the music business for over 10years!
B) ll cool j was a lot of thing in his days, just like many other rappers who didnt pay tithe.... so again, TITHING as nothing to do with being successful in the music business.
C) just because rappers look up to someone has absolutely NOTHING to do with the issue at hand.

btw i dont give a damn if anyone wants to be religious, so long as they dont talk/write rubbish
You have a point sha... No vex
Re: LL Cool J Says Tithing Is The Key To His Successful Hiphop Career by LordReed(m): 11:51am On Dec 31, 2019
Will Smith is arguably more successful than LL Cool J especially in the world of acting yet he is not religious. There is no distinction between those who believe and non believers in the arena of success.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Lucifer – Satan Or Christ? Daddy Freeze Reply That Moves Everyone / 6th And 7th Books Of Moses - THREAD / Atheists, Why Do You Locked Yourselves Indoor Because Of COVID-19 ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.