Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. (375 Views)

Appeal Court Upholds Life Sentence Of Two Nigerians Jailed For Drugs In Cambodia / Christmas: Sanwo-Olu, Anglican Bishop Call For Unity, Peace / Abubakar Shekau Condemns Kano Death Sentence Of Yahaya Sherif Aminu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by waleadex(m): 3:25am On Dec 28, 2019
The Lagos state government has granted clemency to nine prisoners. Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu changed the death sentence of three inmates to life imprisonment

The governor also set free six of the prisoners after signing two executive orders. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor of Lagos, has signed two executive orders that changed death sentences of three prisoners and freed six other inmates.
The orders, signed on Wednesday, December 25, were to take effect immediately as directed by the governor, The Nation reports.

The names of the prisoners whose sentence were changed from death to life imprisonment are: Muhammed Abdulkadiri, Moses Akpan and Sunday Okondo.

The Lagos state governor said that the orders are to take effect immediately.
Those set free completely are: Bestman Dennar, Wasiu Jimoh, Augustine Opara, Folakemi Osin, Rebecca Danladi and Njoku Ogechi.

Calling on Lagosians to be law-abiding, the governor said: ‘‘I want to send out a message to Lagosians that this is a season of peace. Let us live peacefully and do things in moderation.

Re: Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by Brandstudio01: 5:58am On Dec 28, 2019
Congrats to them. But I trust them will stay away from crime
Re: Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by Kingpee2(m): 6:09am On Dec 28, 2019
You will be amazed that those set free are people whose families are well connected,is it not my country again ? Man know man.
Re: Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by Jgoldie: 6:18am On Dec 28, 2019
Congrats to the freed prisoners

Go and sin no more
Re: Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by helinues: 7:39am On Dec 28, 2019
Lucky them ooo

Nice one Sanwo Olu
Re: Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by helinues: 7:41am On Dec 28, 2019
Kingpee2:
You will be amazed that those set free are people whose families are well connected,is it not my country again ? Man know man.

Here we go again. So their connections shouldn't have averted the death sentence in the first place?

Backward reasoning
Re: Christmas: Sanwo-olu Clears Off Death Sentence Of 9 Prisoners. by tunjiajayi: 7:52am On Dec 28, 2019
Kingpee2:

Wake up, look at that list.
Don't be so sentimental.

(1) (Reply)

Land Use Charge: Lagos Assembly Amends Ambode’s Controversial Law [see New Rate / Why I Am Still Here With Chibuike Amaechi / Governor Sani Bello Condoles Adc Over Death Of His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.