Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,486 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 (1848 Views)

Adebayo O. Ogunlesi To Join Goldman Sachs Board Of Directors / Interview Questions On Goldman Sachs Scholarships For Edp At Lbs / Nigerian Students: Goldman Sachs Opportunity; 1 Week All-expense Paid Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2010
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by AjanleKoko: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2010
No Nigerian there.

Also, did you read people's comments below the list? One guy's bio is being contested; he was MIT '96, and is said to have joined GS in 1991.
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2010
u mean Bunty Bohra . they didn't state when he joined GS.

this guy Dhruv Piplani is particularly impressive at 29 shocked

Strange that there is no Nigerian in the list. but there are quite a few Indians.

From these guys profile. it shows that modern banking is getting seriously scientific. more than a half of these guys have a technical background
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by DisGuy: 4:49am On Dec 02, 2010
candylips:

u mean Bunty Bohra . they didn't state when he joined GS.

this guy Dhruv Piplani is particularly impressive at 29 shocked

Strange that there is no Nigerian in the list. but there are quite a few Indians.

From these guys profile. it shows that modern banking is getting seriously scientific. more than a half of these guys have a technical background

Why do you think its strange?

Do you really think we have a LOT of Nigerians in these fields (on an international level) ?
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 10:50am On Dec 02, 2010
i thought the finance minister was a MD in GS
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by AjanleKoko: 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
Dis Guy:

Why do you think its strange?

Do you really think we have a LOT of Nigerians in these fields (on an international level) ?

I think we do.
I know lots of Nigerians who are VPs, but not managing directors, at GS.
We have a lot of Nigerians, particularly the ones based in the States, in the finance sector. Maybe not so many traders sha.
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
well VP is still about 3 or so grades below Md actually.

There are usually a lot of people stuck at VP level because grades above that are highly competitive
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by yodiyokun(f): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2010
Make we no lie, being Partner at a Big Four accounting or law firm no be moi moi talkless of GS, shoo, most of these people are very very brilliant.

It takes a certain king of persona and brains to get to this high levels. There are Nigerians everywhere if you look closely enough, they are just not many.
A guy in my church just became the Area head of Mastercard East and West Africa a few months ago. Moving up quickly in MC.
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by candylips(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
exactly my point.

even getting to VP level no be akara .

i know a 9ja guy who has been stuck at AVP for 10 yrs now but the guy is only above averge sha
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by DisGuy: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
candylips:

i thought the finance minister was a MD in GS

AjanleKoko:

I think we do.
I know lots of Nigerians who are VPs, but not managing directors, at GS.
We have a lot of Nigerians, particularly the ones based in the States, in the finance sector. Maybe not so many traders sha.

As in a LOT when compared to the Indians/Asian and some Scandinavian?

then I think another thing is their extra-curricular activities thus their networks
many (African) professionals I know just do what they do nothing extra, rarely any link outside their field/profession and mostly within the African community- just my observation
Re: Meet The Goldman Partner Class Of 2011 by AjanleKoko: 9:43am On Dec 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

As in a LOT when compared to the Indians/Asian and some Scandinavian?

then I think another thing is their extra-curricular activities thus their networks
many (African) professionals I know just do what they do nothing extra, rarely any link outside their field/profession and mostly within the African community- just my observation

You know Africans are not so Westernized. At least Nigerians and other West Africans.
We don't really hang out that much with other races.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Vs. Pharmacology / Am I Cursed Or Just Unlucky? Please Advice Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.