Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio (16054 Views)

Yahaya Bello: American School, Abuja Refunds $760,000 Fees / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds / $13 Billion Paris Club Refunds: How LINAS, Ned Nwoko Were Threatened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Blindersoff: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2019
- It seems that the order for a forensic audit of the NDDC is beginning to yield expected results
- This is as some culpable firms are now coming to the minister in charge of the commission, Godswill Akpabio, to make refunds
- Akpabio on Friday, December 27, said that even banks who are said to be involved in alleged money laudering are ready to pay back funds they collected from the commission

The minister of Niger Delta affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has said that the forensic audit of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) by the adminstration of President Muhammadu Bhuari is yielding positive results already. Akpabio, speaking in Abuja on Friday, December 27, said that when the NDDC is finally cleased and salvaged from its rot, it will be one of the greatest legacies and accomplishment of President Buhari, The Nation reports.

The minister said that some of the organisations and even financial institutions who are indebted to the commission are begining to make refunds. Akpabio revealed that some of the bodies involved were given funds to make supplies but failed to do so over a long period of time.

He revealed that some of the bodies involved were given funds to make supplies but failed to do so over a long period of time. Akpabio said: “Some have come to say they were given billions to supply things that they could not supply for one reason or the other, that the moneys are stuck in the banks. “I know of a bank that came to say they have $70 million from 2006, one also came to say N170 million had been abandoned...they said they are ready to refund."

Meanwhile, Legit.ng reported that President Buhari, in the morning of Thursday, December 19, announced that the board of the NDDC would be reconstituted. A statement by Femi Adesina, the president's spokesperson, said the recomposition of the new board would take place after the ongoing forensic audit of the commission which is entangled in alleged corruption web.

https://www.legit.ng/1288119-nddc-audit-some-contractors-banks-making-refunds---akpabio.html

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by LibertyRep: 9:29am On Dec 28, 2019
The Hon Minister should know that this media trial will only jeopardize any success he has achieved so far.

If anyone has admitted to shortchanging the commission, such persons should be reported to the appropriate anti-corruption agencies and not the media.

The forensic audit shouldn't be sensationalized hence it looses it's credibility.

Where are the billions and properties recovered from ex or repented looters?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Blindersoff: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2019
one PDP senator for Delta south is a chief culprit. Senator James Manager

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Simplyleo: 9:31am On Dec 28, 2019
Another propaganda to divert our attention from the certificateless Maj Gen Buhari's cluelessness & tyranny. ~ Pigs

fairfora:
Na Niger delta people dey kill themselves. Each time I visit them, i always imagine what they spent the huge allocations at their disposal on, yet they're never satisfied. North is second...on allocation sharing formula in Nigeria, the north has the largest of all yet, nothing is happening over there. No development of any sort. Only in the south west with such little share is developed. Everything boils down to management. If a southerner is given one million naira, in the next 2 years , he's an employer of labour. Give same to a northerner, he would lavish it on material things, marry more wives and say, Allah the provider, would provide another one tomorrow. The south south man would spend all on kaikai with wrapper tied on his waist every morning. Shame!
Really?

Somehow, the north is the reason senator James could not carry out even one of the 120 jobs fully paid for? Pls enlighten me, I don't understand how the north marrying 100 wives is related to this topic. undecided

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Blindersoff: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2019
more

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by popsy2(m): 9:33am On Dec 28, 2019
I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Simplyleo: 9:34am On Dec 28, 2019
Out of 300 jobs, 120 have been fully paid for, yet nothing on ground. Yet, whenever a project is commissioned in any northern state, na "awa oyel money". Annoyingly, mostly from dwellers of one barren land.  undecided

Senator James must be a Muslim aboki using Niger Delta oil money to develop his kano state. angry

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by delpee(f): 9:34am On Dec 28, 2019
This is terrible! It's sad that they choose to underdevelop their region and yet blame everyone but themselves for it. sad

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Kwamecron(m): 10:12am On Dec 28, 2019
Thank you sir.

I kw u will make a good president.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Muyiwaipere(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2019
Parte after Parte
Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by englishmart(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2019
There's so much corruption in the NDDC. How can states like Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, Delta and Rivers account for the enormous allocations they get.? The development in that region is nothing compared to the allocation they receive.
Akpabio, refund just one-tenth of the ones you stole as 2x governor of Akwa Ibom state, then we can continue business

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by dalass(f): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2019
That's a good development grin
Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by abkrgumel(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2019
embarassed
Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by MhizJoyce(f): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2019
Nice
Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by helinues: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2019
Just imagine.. They should be prosecuted as well

And those are not politicians oo

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by nanauju(f): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2019
Get your children educational android tablets@N20,000 with free delivery nationwide, go through my threads for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by aminusodiq(m): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2019
Dd
Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by TooMuchStuff: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2019
Publish their names make we see dem..!

No be audio refund we wan hear....

Until this forensic audit is extended to Hajj commission, North East DC, Funds for fighting Boko haram, Oil blocs ownership and NNPC nothing would be termed transparency here but witch-hunting the Niger Deltans of their patrimony. Let transparency go round the country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by MycroftHolmes: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2019
I hate to think of it this way, but I don't see Nigeria getting better soon. Not with the kind of people we have in power.

Everybody just seems to be there for his own selfish gains and to do absolutely nothing to make the nation better.

This is not even about political parties any more. I wish we can all see that these are the same set of people with same interests, just split into two groups to make it feel like a competition. angry

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by tunjijones(m): 11:54am On Dec 28, 2019
Terrible for just one person to corner 300 contracts to himself alone. Nigerians, wen in power become so greedy and wicked. And mind you most Nigerians wld do same or even worse if given the chance.

Akpabio is no better than this man.

Our leaders are true reflection of who we are as a nation.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Rapmoney(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2019
Akpabio is a thief. Imagine what it is to appoint a thief and pay him hugely to guard your property.

Simplyleo:
Out of 300 jobs, 120 have been fully paid for, yet nothing on ground. Yet, whenever a project is commissioned in any northern state, na "awa oyel money". Annoyingly, mostly from dwellers of one barren land.  undecided

Senator James must be a Muslim aboki using Niger Delta oil money to develop his kano state. angry
Shut up! What do you know?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Criticaltemp: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2019
When these monies r return, where r they returned to.. Your pockets i guessed.. I give up on politicians. This is how the situation of this country is..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Criticaltemp: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2019
Rapmoney:
Akpabio is a thief
a very big one.. But not a saint in APC. Join APC, sure, ur sins will be forgiven.. Anyways, he will still be where orji kalu is sha.. Just time.

1 Share

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by ivolt: 11:56am On Dec 28, 2019
Simplyleo:

It is their oil money, that is just the fact.
Moreover, it is not right to believe an anonymous handle spreading propaganda on the internet.
I have seen the screenshot "master sergeant" handle being quoted everywhere as if it some kind of omniscient god.
The handle may not even exist to begin with.

Let Akpabio publish the audit report and the company that have refunded rather than protecting them.
Wouldn't it be better to know the fraudulent contractors?

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Afamed: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2019
The enemies are within

1 Like

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Afamed: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Criticaltemp:
a very big one.. But not a saint in APC. Join APC, sure, ur sins will be forgiven.. Anyways, he will still be where orji kalu is sha.. Just time.
Just as Orji kalu sins were forgiven. Habitual propagandist

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDDC Audit: Some Contractors, Banks Already Making Refunds - Akpabio by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2019
Na Niger delta people dey kill themselves. Each time I visit them, i always imagine what they spent the huge allocations at their disposal on, yet they're never satisfied. North is second...on allocation sharing formula in Nigeria, the north has the largest of all yet, nothing is happening over there. No development of any sort. Only in the south west with such little share is developed. Everything boils down to management. If a southerner is given one million naira, in the next 2 years , he's an employer of labour. Give same to a northerner, he would lavish it on material things, marry more wives and say, Allah the provider, would provide another one tomorrow. The south south man would spend all on kaikai with wrapper tied on his waist every morning. Shame!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Predident Buhari Meets Acting IGP, Usman Baba / 987 Properties Recovered From Okorocha Returned To Owners, Imo Govt Reveals / Buhari Writes Reps For Passage Of 2016 Budgets Of 38 Government Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.