|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,758,863 members, 6,558,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 27 October 2021 at 08:51 AM
|One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by heywhytech1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2019|
Hit can can bring you fame but talent will fuel the sustainability. If one take a critical look at how Nigeria music industry has being evolving since the beginning of the decade, you will marvel on how One-Time Hit artists had came and gone within a shot while, while the talented ones are moving with the evolution. One question that need to be asked is this actually peculiar to Nigeria? if yes, then what is the causative factors? however, let me leave that for another day because that important issue need to be addressed holistically.
The likes of the following Nigeria artists can be referred to as One- Time Hit Artists:
1. Olu maintain with one time Hit: Yahooze. when he released this song it was the rave of the moment and I can say it with all sense of sensibility that this song brought him the fame he enjoys till today but due to lack of talent he was not able to sustain it, that made him irrelevant in the industry today.
2. TY Bello with One-Time Hit : Greenland - Due to lack of musical talent she had moved to photography and I think she is really doing fantastically fine.
3.Kored Bello: Godwin : This track brought him the fame but the talent that is require to sustain it was not there even the magic hands of Don jazzy could not helped him , I really pity the boy unfortunately my pity could not assist him from sliding to this list .
4. W4- Kontrol- I can bet this song troubled the industry at the beginning of the decade but he disappeared with the birth of our three winder kids ; Wizkid, Oladmide and Davido, no thanks to theses great living legends because they sent W4's career to his early grave, though talent is far from him.
5. konga- Baby Konga- This poor boy has been trying really hard to bounce back but Baba no get talent of these new young talents our generation is blessed with.
6. 9ice - One-time Hit: Gongo Aso- I could not have included 9ice because he tried a bounce back with Living-things but that could not helped him to escape this list because he went back to hibernation just immediately it was becoming rave of the moment and as one the writer quip " Your life cant improve if you value peace and stability" a good testimony to that is Naira Marly despite the wide criticism he didnt back out but 9ice did, not realizing that music is just an art and hes in it for pure business not to satisfy some people's ego.
7. Mr Eazi. I used to have an opinion that he's talented until recently I realized he fits properly into this category though he's working hard to bounce back but it look like the industry is becoming choking for his style of music, though I think the controversy he had few years back didnt do him good as he lost a whole lot of fans to that and no artist can do it alone without huge fans base that will be with him through thick and thin. He held his show just yesterday as part of strategic move to revive, as a writer i wont contribute to his down fall but I cant help him either because he prefers Ghana to my beloved Country.
8. Kcee-Limpopo- despite huge support from his rich brother 'E- money' he could not sustain his growth because talent cannot not be bought.
9.Runtown- Mad Over You- This is a very great artist but controversy did not help his career , one will expect him to consolidate on the success of mad over you but he was too fast to consume by the fame , the energy he should have invested on his music was diverted to controversy, though I believed if hes actually talented he would have taken advantage of that controversy like Kiz Daniel did.
10. Ice prince, Dr Sid and some like them should be in this category but I feel they will properly occupy another category: Oblivion Artists
Lastly, the following artists are talented and have being evolving with time : 1. 2Baba 2. Wizkid 3. Davido 4. Olamide 5. Burna boy 6. Phyno 7. Tiwa savage 8. P sqaure, Kiz Daniel and Rekado banks
|Re: One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by Jung(m): 7:38am On Dec 29, 2019|
9ice is a one hit wonder
Abeg who is your supplier?
I need some of the weed you are taking right now.
|Re: One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by heywhytech1(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2019|
After Gongo Aso , another hit track from 9ice ?
|Re: One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by Jung(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2019|
One hit wonders die off after one song.
Can you really beat your chest and say 9ice faded away after just one song??
|Re: One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by heywhytech1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2019|
I asked you to mention another hit from him !
|Re: One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by socy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2019|
|Re: One-time Hit Nigeria Hip Hop Artists by heywhytech1(m): 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2019|
Which year ?
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 236