Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,945 members, 7,828,314 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Joe Biden Says He Would Refuse To Give Testimony In Trump Impeachment Trial - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden Says He Would Refuse To Give Testimony In Trump Impeachment Trial (235 Views)

Trump Acquitted By Senate In Second Impeachment Trial / Donald Trump's Entire Legal Team Quits A Week Before Impeachment Trial / Donald Trump Acquited As US Senate Ends Impeachment Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joe Biden Says He Would Refuse To Give Testimony In Trump Impeachment Trial by newsgerian: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2019
Joe Biden Says He’d Defy Subpoena to Testify in Trump’s Senate Trial

Mr. Biden said Republican demands that he testify were an effort to shift attention away from the president’s own actions.

Former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. said President Trump’s call for him to testify was “all about a diversion.”Credit…Daniel Acker for The New York Times
DES MOINES — Returning to the campaign trail after Christmas, former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Friday stood by his comments that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at President Trump’s impeachment trial in the Senate.

In a meeting with the editorial board of The Des Moines Register, whose endorsement in the Iowa caucuses is coveted by presidential hopefuls, Mr. Biden argued that complying with a subpoena and testifying would essentially allow Mr. Trump to succeed in shifting attention onto Mr. Biden and away from the president’s own actions.

“The reason I wouldn’t is because it’s all designed to deal with Trump doing what he’s done his whole life: trying to take the focus off him,” Mr. Biden told the newspaper. “The issue is not what I did.”

“This is all about a diversion,” Mr. Biden added. “And we play his game all the time. He’s done it his whole career.”

Mr. Biden met with The Register at the beginning of a two-day visit to Iowa. He boarded his “No Malarkey” campaign bus later Friday and headed to Williamsburg for an event there. Afterward, he stopped by a party at the home of the mayor of Coralville to watch Iowa play Southern California in the Holiday Bowl.

Mr. Biden had previously said that he would not comply with a subpoena to testify at the impeachment trial. Asked Friday about that stance, he said, “The grounds for them to call me would be overwhelmingly specious. But, so, I don’t anticipate that happening anyway.”

Read more on https://newsgerian.com/joe-biden-says-he-would-refuse-to-give-testimony-in-trump-impeachment-trial/

Re: Joe Biden Says He Would Refuse To Give Testimony In Trump Impeachment Trial by rexchazy(m): 10:18am On Dec 29, 2019
ena headace, e no consign me

(1) (Reply)

Us-iran Crisis: Philippines To Evacuate Citizens In Middle East / Where You From In Africa? (post With A Picture) / Iran, Usa Clashes_iraq Launches Missiles To Attack Usa Millitary Bases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.